• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

AR-705079839.jpg&updated=201305071635&Ma

Very Arena League

It's like a cross between the Rush and the Gladiators

las-vegas-gladiator-quarterback-craig-wh

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, rams80 said:

....cares more about college football...

So?? That doesn't matter one iota. Nashville is a fun town. People will travel there. There is a NFL team there. What are you saying? Because college is liked there the draft will be barren? I don't think so, Tim. 

Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

April 5, 2018 - 01:22 AM

The Tennessee Titans tonight unveiled their new home, road, and alternate (“Color Rush”) uniforms for the upcoming 2018 NFL season at a fan event in downtown Nashville. Most notable is the switch to a navy blue helmet following nearly 50 […]

Read More...

Nike needs to fire the designer. He screwed the browns and now titans up. Titans said they would have something the state of Tennessee would be proud of and recognize. I don’t see it. 

Its its a jumble of :censored:.

take the flames off the T logo take the blue side panel on jersey off then maybe we can say it’s halfway decent.

Other than there being a whole rainbow of colors, there are several issues.

I actually kinda liked a navy-blue helmet in theory, but the execution here wasn't that good. It just doesn't go with the logo and the stripe is pitiful. Should have some Columbia blue or red to balance the already mess of a color scheme. I do like the metallic satin finish though. 

EDIT: Just saw the helmet stripe is two-tone as well. Good god. 

Pants are.....uhhh.......

I'll admit, I don't completely hate the jerseys. In fact, I actually kinda like the Columbia blue one. Only problem is you have a navy helmet and then 50 shades of grey on the pants and it's too much. Font is ugly too, but I can live with it seeing that their last font wasn't much better. The side panels are kinda small so they're hard to see on the players, and that's good. It could have been worse I guess. 

I'm actually curious now too to see what a red jersey would have looked like. Probably ugly. Surprised they didn't do a "two-tone grey" jersey though. Now that would have been fierce. 

I actually don't mind two of the elements everyone hates, the font and the sword yoke. But The pants are hot trash, there's at least one too many colors on the uniform (either pick two shades of silver or white), the red swoosh making the color palette pop is something a first time poster would say here but it's laughable, the only thing that it makes pop is the Nike swoosh. The side panels are an excuse to fit light blue back into the uniform but they didn't know how, I hoped we had left that stage. And I don't understand why the used that sword graphic everywhere and then used something else on the helmet. Oh, and yet  ANOTHER Nike font with different application wether it's the right or left numeral and different on the shoulders, how edgy and innovative. The previous uniforms weren't great but these are a downgrade, maybe only a limited one but I don't have a doubt what is the better looking uniform

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I will reserve all judgement until they hit the field, but here are some quick hits:

Like:

-Helmet (White is so overused, and the navy/silver is very clean)

-More Silver

-Attempt at a sword motif

Dislike:

-The red Nike swoosh (it feels like a last second addition)

-The dual gray (too much going on and the sword yokes look too clipart-y)

-The weird, random side panel (why? this is probably just to throw in the blue when needed and feels forced)

-The font (it feels too thin)

-The pants (without more blue and just silver on white or navy, it makes a weird mess, especially with the way the stripes are oriented)

Overall, they look like a uniform that someone who wants to put everything on one jersey would make. It has terrible color balance and a poorly executed, albeit interesting, sword theme. I think they were just trying to go for too much here. I do appreciate the attempt at modernization, though.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The font suck, the double grey swords on the shoulders suck, the side panels suck, the wordmark on the front suck, the pants suck, the fact that these use 1532 different colors but feature matching socks and pants suck, the lack of columbia blue suck, the navy helmet isn't great by any mean and the sword stripe seem like a swing and a miss at best. What's left to like?

Archived