Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just some initial takes for now, I'll give a more in-depth revisit later,

Helmets are awesome. A huge upgrade, I absolutely love them. 

The jerseys are ok. I dig the yoke enough although two greys were probably unnecessary. The side panels are insignificant enough, but still a bit of a drawback. The font is cool, the 8 is definitely the weakest number in the set. 

The pants are the weakest point for me. Seriously just take the nice helmet stripe and apply it to the pants and it would be a lot better.

All in all, I like them enough. Color balance is iffy but not a total failure. I would've really liked silver pants.

spacer.png

So, nobody at any point in this process looked at their revolutionary numeral font with its homage to the state of Tennessee and realized they had drawn a backwards "1," huh?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just now, WavePunter said:

They clearly stated that it's metallic satin

Ok I thought the release only said it said "Navy metallic" - I stand corrected if they mentioned it was satin.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

Ok I thought the release only said it said "Navy metallic" - I stand corrected if they mentioned it was satin.

"Metallic navy in satin finish" was the official wording.. It's 2 pages back on a graphic detailing each design element

4 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

So, nobody at any point in this process looked at their revolutionary numeral font with its homage to the state of Tennessee and realized they had drawn a backwards "1," huh?

Maybe that's how they draw 1s in Mizzurah, but here in Tennessee, everything sticks out to the right!

Not bad I guess. 

Number font is just weird, But I actually like "Shoulder Swords". 

As for the Navy helmet, not really a fan. Seems like it mutes the color of the logo. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

As a team that has had one look for its entire history, I feel like these are pretty good. My biggest problem with the new uniforms are the pants. And the amount of Columbia blue on the pants. But overall they stayed true to their old uniforms, made some small changes to the jersey, of while I think are good and I kinda like the new font. The helmets look good but confuse me, because there is already a team in their division that wears a navy helmet. I'll grades these a B, mostly because of the pants just being a little to boring.

Archived