Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

I didn't realize the Argonauts had joined the NFL...

Honestly, the only salvageable thing is the helmet, which is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, in spite of the gray mask.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I hope nobody is kidding themselves about this.  Make no mistake, THIS is the uniform combination they will be wearing.

Monochrome in the NFL sucks... not sometimes, not even most of the time.  It's a 100% scientific proven fact.

This uniform is going to be just like the Seahawks.  If they wear it exclusively with the white pant (in the Seahawks' case, it would be their gray pants) they would have an average to slightly below average NFL uniform... say somewhere in the low 20's. But worn like the above... and it WILL be worn like the above... this uniform is swirling at the bottom of the toilet bowl with the Bucs, Browns, and the monochrome Seahawks.

I'm way late to this party so I will share just 2 thoughts.

1) The silver facemask is awful. Should have been navy or perhaps light blue.

2) Have the admins banned DanParker yet? It's time. These forums should not be a place where people can get away with peddling bad information.

1 minute ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I'm way late to this party so I will share just 2 thoughts.

1) The silver facemask is awful. Should have been navy or perhaps light blue.

2) Have the admins banned DanParker yet? It's time. These forums should not be a place where people can get away with peddling bad information.

I'm getting the feeling that asking about Dan Parker is nearly as frowned upon as actually BEING Dan Parker at this point..

I’m beginning to wonder that when random people describe new uniforms as #FIRE or anything like that, they actually mean they should be tossed into a fire.

Definitely not a fan. I didn’t know a uniform could both be busy and bland at the same time. Nike really loves to take a theme and run it into the ground like a meteor. “You want swords? We got swords on your helmet, swords on your shoulders, swords for your swords!!!”

I mentioned the clunky font earlier, that hasn’t changed. The Sword stripe on the helmet is bothersome. I always thought the reason the stripes on the old helmet were tapered was so the flame of the logo didn’t interfere with it. Guess that’s out the window.

Theres just not much to really like about the set. Too bad...I feel like a current issue with Nike has been “so much potential, so much disappointment”

1 minute ago, Morgo said:

Manages to look drab, dated and over-designed all at once.  Columbia blue is used in the worst way possible.

Sums up my feelings as well. They are busy, yet boring

The red swoosh is an especially annoying and transparent ploy on the part of Nike to make sure their size and placement mandated logo stands out to the highest degree possible.

DZOFf84VMAAq2Iv.jpg

Not the first time Nike has gone out of their way to warp the uniform design to their own marketing purposes.  I've always thought the Vikings and Seahawks jersey designs were specifically created to make "pockets" that draw attention to the swoosh;case-keenum-102917-usnews-getty-ftr_12te

7e3e6e005a12d36c4469709034ddc22d--seahaw

Am I the only one who thinks this new set does not jive at all with the logo? Just the color emphasis and balance on the flaming shield (#thumbtack) implies Columbia as the clear secondary color, but as I've said before it's like they want to make silver just as equally the secondary with spots of red as a sparse tertiary. Either balance the Columbia and silver in the uniforms (really could've been easy, less navy is always good), update/recolor or redesign the logos, or pick silver or Columbia and roll with it. This set feels like the design team wanted navy and silver but remembered, "Oh, Columbia is a major identity piece of the team" and splashed it on the armpit stripe and whipped up an alternate as a last thought. 

ICXC NIKA

1 minute ago, henburg said:

I think that many of you look at the now old set with some pretty heavy rose-tinted glasses. They had nice elements (color usage) but they weren't well-designed by any means. 

No. They were poop before and still remain that way

I suppose it could have been worse. That's the best thing I can say about it. My opinion is that this is a downgrade from what they could have been wearing - note I said could, not what they were wearing before this. The navy over white looked great. The light blue over white looked great. White over light blue looked great. Unfortunately, what we got most of the time with the Titans was mono-blue or white over navy. 

I think I read somewhere that the guy who designed these also designed the new Browns and current Jags sets. This makes him 0 for 3. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, henburg said:

I think that many of you look at the now old set with some pretty heavy rose-tinted glasses. They had nice elements (color usage) but they weren't well-designed by any means. 

I'd take something mediocre in design and not aged very well that's still unique and kind of fun over the Nike monochrome flustercuck that manages to be messy AND boring at the same time.

ICXC NIKA

3 minutes ago, henburg said:

Then mine are magenta especially since the color balance was a lot better in the older ones. Part of me wants to say it's a lateral while another part of me says its a downgrade. Navy helmet feels like helmet infringement. And the columbia blue and red's an afterthought. 

Agree with the earlier comment that this set and the feature of the darker blue color in jersey and helmet makes the Titans look like the NFL's version of the Toronto Argonauts.  The helmet change brings back memories of the Bills switching to red helmets in 1986 just to make a change.

Positives:  Jersey number font (although too big), sword on shoulders, pants, navy as primary jersey

Negatives:  Helmets (non-creative use or transformation of logo on them + gray facemask), light blue uniforms, failure to change outdated wordmark

Oars are to Minnesota as swords are to the Titans.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I want to like these. I've been trying to convince myself to like them since the leaks hit. But I can't.

The helmet really isn't bad. I like the navy shell and silver mask. Part of me thinks the flaming thumbtack doesn't work well on it though. The T-sword would look better, I think. 

The jerseys absolutely look better on the players than the retail versions. The two-tone sword is a bit much. Not necessary to do that. You could make it one shade, tell people it looks like the sword logo, and no one would question it. The armpit stains are naturally awful.

The pants are odd. I like the idea of the sword sheath, but it doesn't look great. Especially the silver details on white pants. They'll get lost so easily. It's just so small that they don't really matter.

My biggest thing is the color balance. As is, it really seems like they have to wear either navy jerseys or pants to match the helmet. If they go without either of those, it feels so unbalanced. It's as though they should only wear navy/navy/white or navy/white/navy, and nothing else. It's almost as though their the early 2000s Chargers now. The Columbia blue is by far the best jersey and color, but I don't see it matching well with the rest of the uniform without, say, navy pants. The navy/columbia/white combo looks terribly unbalanced.

And one more thing - the template. Nike even flaunted the Vapor Untouchable in their hype video, discussing the minimal stitching and panels, yet they tripled the number of both of those for this design! 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived