Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

2 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

This has been said many times but I feel like I gotta say something. There is just one more color on this uniform set than the old. Are they using much more of those colors than they were before, yes! The only color they added was a second gray. There was gray and red in the shoulder logo and helmet logo before.

When you have to go to the logos to count colors, you've already lost the battle.

Saying the Titans' old uniform had gray and red in it is like saying the Steelers have red and blue on their uniform because those colors are in the logo.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

This has been said many times but I feel like I gotta say something. There is just one more color on this uniform set than the old. Are they using much more of those colors than they were before, yes! The only color they added was a second gray. There was gray and red in the shoulder logo and helmet logo before.

Well, sure they were on the logo, but not as uniform elements themselves. Like Ice_Cap said, there’s a difference between a color being solely on a logo and on a uniform. I can’t imagine most people saying that the Ravens uniforms are purple, gold, black, red, and white because the logo’s eye is red. They went from two colors only found on the logo, added them to the jersey, and THEN added another grey color on top of that. That’s what is so egregious.

edit: Leopard88 just beat me to it with another perfect example.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

4 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

edit: Leopard88 just beat me to it with another perfect example.

Ironically, I'm the Ravens fan and used the Steelers as my example.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This seems fine to me. The two-tone of the swords in the logo and uniform elements should match their shades better and I don't like reserving red to the logo and swooshes, but overall a fine looking set. Monochrome doesn't work as well here as it does with the Seahawks, but I like the shoulder swords. A white helmet fit them I thought, but the new helmet is unoffensive.

Overall, lateral move at best. I think it's a slight downgrade and they should've put focus on the light blue with red accents IMO.

Skimmed through everything posted since the 'reveal'.....

This doesn't seem like an upgrade. The logo looks horrible on a dark shell. Because now the circle has an outline, the 'flame' part has an outline, and then there's a white outline around all of that. At least with the white shell, it blended into it. Now, it just seems like at least one-too-many outline colors.

The shoulders didn't need gray. The navy/columbia or columbia/navy worked fine. Or white/navy, white/columbia, etc.

And yes, the red Nike swoosh is just horrendous. The league talks about not having 'sponsor logos' on their jerseys, but let abominations such as that through.  And they stand out so obviously in all the pictures to the point your eyes are drawn to these little oasis of red in a sea of blues and grays. They shouldn't be there. At worst, it should be the team color used opposite the base color. If it's white on blue, the uniform manufacturer logo is white. Blue on white? the logo is blue, etc. A third color is designed entirely to make it stand out and ruins what is otherwise a lateral move at best to me.

9 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

This seems fine to me. The two-tone of the swords in the logo and uniform elements should match their shades better and I don't like reserving red to the logo and swooshes, but overall a fine looking set. Monochrome doesn't work as well here as it does with the Seahawks, but I like the shoulder swords. A white helmet fit them I thought, but the new helmet is unoffensive.

Overall, lateral move at best. I think it's a slight downgrade and they should've put focus on the light blue with red accents IMO.

Even though they announced the monochrome kits as the primary home and away I hope we see them go more with N/N/W at home and N/W/N away with N/W/C and N/C/N as the primary alts. .

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think this is a slight downgrade but could have been a lot worse. 

The helmet- I do not mind the helmet at all... I like the stripe OK but it is not necessary.

The Jerseys- I like the sword yoke I do not like how it is the two grays or that it is gray on the white jersey... I do not mind the red swooshes does not even register one way or the other to me.... biggest problem is the primary needs more Columbia Blue...

The Pants- simply need more color added to the white they will look terrible with every Jersey... Stupid stripes cut off are always a downgrade for me....

I thought the Titans old look was really sharp with white pants. The design wasn’t too great but the colors really popped. Now I think it’s  a bottom 5 uniform. I’ve always wanted my Falcons to get a redesign but never mind. I can deal with a uniform that isn’t very good over a train wreck. CNguzbxWcAEarO7.jpgfe7d028481382126430f6a706700d111.jpg

I thought that Columbia blue jersey with white pants look was one of the better looks in the league.

The helmet stripes were one of the biggest things that killed the previous look. Seems like if they couldn't do full navy/columbia/navy helmet stripes, they could have looked at another alternative.  Ir's a rather tough logo to work with because they want the circle to be dead center and the flames will always unbalance it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Not against custom fonts at all, but I swear the marketing gets more and more ridiculous. "The point matches the shape of Tennessee," really?

Why, who actually thought that was a great idea

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

Being a Jaguars fans who dislikes the Titans...

I kinda miss their old look now with the exception of their Navy blue jerseys.

I feel like they could have hit this out of the ballpark by just relegating one of the blues to an accent with red used as a yoke or stripe or something. And while Tennessee has always been obsessed with swords (and T sword), I feel like the Greek meander pattern should have been emphasized more as the mythological reference thing.

1 hour ago, Quillz said:

Not against custom fonts at all, but I swear the marketing gets more and more ridiculous. "The point matches the shape of Tennessee," really?

I actually thought it was a rather fitting tribute to the hallowed Jaws of Husky Stadium.

19 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Everyone loved the Blue Jays coming to their senses in the winter before the 2012 season.

Image result for blue jays uniform reveal

Yeah, I'm confused by that guy's comment. In terms of NFL, The Vikings and Lions were well loved by these boards overall.

Besides, give me an entire board of "I don't like these and here is why" over an entire board of emoji/hashtag/straight fire blind praise. A well reasoned critique isn't being a grump. 

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

I thought the Titans old look was really sharp with white pants. The design wasn’t too great but the colors really popped. Now I think it’s  a bottom 5 uniform. I’ve always wanted my Falcons to get a redesign but never mind. I can deal with a uniform that isn’t very good over a train wreck. CNguzbxWcAEarO7.jpgfe7d028481382126430f6a706700d111.jpg

I thought that Columbia blue jersey with white pants look was one of the better looks in the league.

I liked the Navy uniforms better.

That being said I think the Titans uniforms were out dated to some extent and I do like this update.

Except the number font, that number font can go aawy!

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Archived