Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

15 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

That's terrible reasoning lol. "We haven't changed this over 40 years, so therefore it has to change because reasons."

I'm at work :upside: so let me better elaborate my thought. 

I'm not saying I like the change or move to navy because IMO it's very drab for the color scheme they have and options they could choose from, I'm simply saying this could be ownership looking for a change beleving the previous was getting stale after having white for so many years right or wrong. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

I'm at work :upside: so let me better elaborate my thought. 

I'm not saying I like the change or move to navy because IMO it's very drab for the color scheme they have and options they could choose from, I'm simply saying this could be ownership looking for a change beleving the previous was getting stale after having white for so many years right or wrong. 

I don't think anybody doubts that is a possibility

But that would still be

48 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

terrible reasoning lol. 

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

For real.  If you're going to go balls-deep with this SWORD SWORD LOOK AT THE SWORD mentality, the helmet can anchor and reflect that branding by going with a steel/silver/gray/whatever shade.

Instead they went with navy because of reasons likely related to some dumbass in the Titans ownership circle.

A version of the Rutgers hell, with less scarring would have worked too. Actually involving some type of Greek tunic design somewhere in the jersey and pants would have improved these too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The problems with the new uniforms aren't themselves overly frustrating. The frustrating part for me is that the design they chose gives them so many problems to fix and work around in order to make a cohesive solution. Everything was complicated to the point of being barely solvable. There are too many colors on one uniform, and the dark gray looks out of place....so why not have the sword-yoke be white and light gray on both colored jerseys and light blue/navy on the white jersey? Because then the sword-stripe on the white pants wouldn't match the sword-yoke on the navy jersey and they might be worn together. So they need to add another color just to get two colors that will stand out on all three jersey color backgrounds. That caused them to have a lack of team colors in the uniform, so they had to add random side panels just to show a team color. They overthought this a lot. I actually like the sword sheathed striping, and I got it right away. It doesn't look downright bad to me. Maybe if there was a full stripe going down the side of the pants and the existing sword-striping was on top of that it would look more traditional and would bother less people. I think they swung for the fences with the hardest swing they could muster, and they ended up striking out and falling out of their shoes in the process.

I'm convinced we will look back at those Titans uniforms as one of the most classic looks in NFL history. Give it 5-10 years even. They were unique, iconic, colorful and little simplicities like the helmet logo NOT having extra strokes, those shoulder panels and the funky but good number font. 

The uniform was bold from head to toe, and man...every combination with white pants was gorgeous. 

RIP 

I already miss the old uniforms. 

Navy blue lids, navy blue jersey and gray pants would have looked much better.

the helmet logo should not need that many outlines. Clean it up make it bigger and take the middle stripe/sword off then boom you gotta set

4 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

For some reason I like the Chargers in mono navy and mono white in the current set.

The mono white is really nice, but I’d prefer it be used sparingly because it really pops when they don’t use it all the time.

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm convinced we will look back at those Titans uniforms as one of the most classic looks in NFL history. Give it 5-10 years even. They were unique, iconic, colorful and little simplicities like the helmet logo NOT having extra strokes, those shoulder panels and the funky but good number font. 

The uniform was bold from head to toe, and man...every combination with white pants was gorgeous. 

RIP 

I agree entirely. I'm not sure I'd put them up there with the Packers or Raiders in the timeless category, but I have a hard time noticing any significant flaws without getting nitpicky. I'd place the Texans in a similar category.

If anything, these uniforms suffer from lasting so long unaltered. The longer something goes unchanged, the more likely it is to undergo a change for no good reason, particularly for the league's newer franchises. That's why I'd guess that the Panthers set is the next in line.

9 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

That would be a MAJOR mistake!!

1.  Ditch the helmet stripes or make them go straight from front to back.

2.  Fix the shoulder loops so they go all/most of the way around on everyone's jersey.

DONE.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Not sure if this has been touched on, but Paul Lukas brings up a very interesting point over on Uni-Watch, and that is;

""...it’s pretty obvious from the press photos that certain numeral combinations will work better than others. Like, if , what are they going to do with 33?"

DZ-y_K_W4AAcQ_E.jpg

I lost a lot of sleep last night over this whole issue of what 33 will look like for the Titans. A lot of sleep. Perhaps one of you has an educated guess as to how they will tackle it.. 

Archived