Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

The number's really bother me in how thin they are. Also looking at the number set it seems like some of the numbers just don't fit in with each other. Like there is no common theme tying each number to the look of the next. IDK exactly what I'm trying to say, but the numbers need work, they don't look like they should be on a sports uniform. 

He is my take on it. I thickened them and then reworked them with a common theme. 

numbers_zps3sjgpqro.png

Also while I was at it I was playing around with maybe styling them to look "Greek" or whatever. (Not totally done, still have some tinkering to to as seen in the number 1. lol)

Stylized%20numbers_zpsttxyl6em.png

What it might look like on the uniform. (Also with toning down the silver on the back half of the shoulder "sword". Plus Columbia Blue should be the primary.)

Home%20NN_zps0gjg46ew.png

I'm starting to think maybe Nike should run their design's past us on this board before they decide to go forward with things. I've seen so many great concepts and heard so many good ideas here that are so much better than what Nike has shown. 

I like everything you did with the numbers except for the number 4. Is there anyway you could make the inside of the four share the pentagon sword shape too? Perhaps like the bottom half of the number 2. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I somehow missed the unveiling (I read a Yahoo post about it, what a bummer).

I think this is a strong case of "Never know what you got 'till it's gone". I was never privy toward the Titans' uniforms (especially after they eliminated the Reebok sheen in 2012), but I never had any real issues either. It looked like it was a jumbled mess...but somehow it worked (I do think they benefited from reaching the Super Bowl the year they unveiled that set). Today, they still look like a jumbled mess, but unlike the '99 set, the elements of the new uniform just don't mesh. The entire mono craze hitting the league right now is beyond dumb, and this might be the most egregious example. They've pretty much done away with Columbia (except the third uni), and the number font...oh that font...

They had so much potential, and blew it. It might not be Buccaneers bad, but it's bad none the less.

NSFCvyu.png

Can someone who has last year‘s Madden game post an image of the Titans all white uniform with their light Titan blue Color Rush socks? 

Or photoshop. That’ll work too. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

5 hours ago, buffalo50 said:

Not sure if this has been touched on, but Paul Lukas brings up a very interesting point over on Uni-Watch, and that is;

""...it’s pretty obvious from the press photos that certain numeral combinations will work better than others. Like, if , what are they going to do with 33?"

I lost a lot of sleep last night over this whole issue of what 33 will look like for the Titans. A lot of sleep. Perhaps one of you has an educated guess as to how they will tackle it.. 

the 3 isn't wider than any of the other numbers other than 1. so it'll fit like 99/82/77 does.

sig02_zpsygbwy90z.png

This new uniform is weird one for me.  I remember feeling strongly negative towards the Browns and Buccaneers immediately after seeing them debuted. Like instant dislike, and that sort of low level internet outrage we do so well here. But this... I can't build up any real emotion over it. Oh, it sucks, don't get me wrong.  The helmet is cluttered, the font is complete garbage, the shoulder swords are sort of beginner-concept embarrassing, the pants are silly, it's all pretty bad. By any objective reasoning, it's every bit as bad as Cleveland or Tampa.  But for some reason, I can't seem to make myself care too much.  It's like they threw together all these mismatched bad ideas and still somehow made it dull. If you verbally described this uniform to me (which would probably take at least a few minutes) I think I'd say it's got to be a complete nightmare. But when I look at it I just kind of yawn. I know when I see it on the field, the main thing I'm going to gripe over is the high school style monochrome.

It's like, yeah, it's a nightmare, but it's somehow a boring nightmare.

4 hours ago, JPDesign said:

2edDRWO.png

It's a...tight fit.

This may sound odd because it usually goes the other way around with goofy modern uniforms, but I actually kind of like better how it looks on big guys because their girth kind of spreads out the busyness of the whole getup. I’m looking at that one promo pic of big #77 Taylor Lewan and the jersey looks a little bit cleaner on him because there isn’t so much being crammed into so little space. It’s still lame overall regardless.

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's like, yeah, it's a nightmare, but it's somehow a boring nightmare.

I couldn’t think of a better sentence to describe the Titans as a whole.

10 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

What was the last NFL team to do a major overhaul like this and not change their wordmark?

Seahawks and Vikings actually stayed pretty much the same.

3 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

I somehow missed the unveiling (I read a Yahoo post about it, what a bummer).

I think this is a strong case of "Never know what you got 'till it's gone". I was never privy toward the Titans' uniforms (especially after they eliminated the Reebok sheen in 2012), but I never had any real issues either. It looked like it was a jumbled mess...but somehow it worked (I do think they benefited from reaching the Super Bowl the year they unveiled that set). Today, they still look like a jumbled mess, but unlike the '99 set, the elements of the new uniform just don't mesh. The entire mono craze hitting the league right now is beyond dumb, and this might be the most egregious example. They've pretty much done away with Columbia (except the third uni), and the number font...oh that font...

They had so much potential, and blew it. It might not be Buccaneers bad, but it's bad none the less.

Perfectly stated. I was never impressed with their first unis but now i miss them.

The biggest issue with these changes is that they executed everything about as poorly as possible.. 

Leading up to the unveiling, I was planning a concept that I never got around to.. This was before any leaks or meaningful rumors..

My concept would have included sword-shaped yokes, but one-color, and matching the previous set's color schemes  (columbia  blue yoke on white and navy jerseys, navy yoke on columbia jersey).. Social media number font, colored like the previous set's numbers.. I would've changed the helmets to silver (one of the few rumors swirling was the inclusion of more red and silver) and increased the logo size slightly.. Navy mask.. Silver Pants with either striping from the previous set, or single, wide stripes (like the Saints), that correspond with the yoke color.. Red swooshes, wordmarks, maybe last name trim, and accessories (like gloves).. It would've ACTUALLY been an EVOLUTION like they've been promoting, rather than the borderline overhaul they presented us with..

7 hours ago, Chawls said:

I like everything you did with the numbers except for the number 4. Is there anyway you could make the inside of the four share the pentagon sword shape too? Perhaps like the bottom half of the number 2. 

Here is my attempt at updating the 4. Full set with some examples of numbers with 4's in them to see how they work with the other numbers.

Numbers%20new%204_zpswalta71f.png

Archived