Tradition Evolved: Tennessee Titans Unveil New Uniforms

9 minutes ago, henburg said:

Here's a mock up made by a random Titans twitter account that I think may actually do a pretty good job of predicting what we'll see on Wednesday-

Fb0NxVn.jpg

It shows a sword-inspired yoke similarly to what @eRay made in his mock up in the last thread, which I feel is definitely likely based on the teaser videos. One of the Nike designer's mentioned something about it being "an evolution" while also "balancing the key design principles of the Titans", which to me would definitely indicate keeping a shoulder yoke of some kind. 

We haven't seen or heard very much at all still (they've really done a crazy good job of keeping this under wraps) but so far I think that everything sounds pretty good. My prediction of what could go wrong for this set will be color balance. I like the colors that are being worked with, but it's unclear how they will be used still. With what looks like a promoted use of silver, it will be interesting to see how much columbia blue and red will be used. 

That's not the template it's going to be. Too many people leave the flywire when Nike is doing away with it

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's what it is, then it's a win.

One thing I HATE beyond hate is that the Nike swoosh is red, which adds a perfect amount of red to the sleeve, but in the form of an advertiser's logo not the team's.

The jersey would look objectively worse without the swoosh, and that sucks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, DanParker said:

Those are pretty much them. Just missing one, errr, I guess you could say three, thing(s).

Mmhmm. And would you care to point out what that “design mechanism” that we haven’t seen in the NFL that you were so confident about being a part of this is? The hole you’ve dug is so deep that I doubt you even remember every feature that you’ve “confirmed.”

On 12/01/2018 at 9:47 AM, DanParker said:

Greetings! I know a thing or two about a thing or two so I thought I might share. 

Jacksonville is keeping their logo but opting for “JAGS” on the helmet, but moving to a classic looking uniform that will be teal but have gold numbers. The helmets and pants are gold and black is only an outline in the new set. It’s incredible. Think UCLA but teal instead of love ya blue.

The Raiders are making slight tweaks too and adding a golden outline to their numbers and pant stripes. 

The Browns are completely overhauling everything, they’ll have a proper logo and white helmets. That’s all I know about them and if someone would like to see a photo I can show them if they promise it stays confidential.

The Broncos are also switching to their color rush jerseys full time and wearing a white version as an away uniform. Blue pants will also be an option and their current all navy look will be used for color rush games.

The Dolphins are tweaking something too but no one I’ve talked to seems to know what, but it won’t be a major change.

The Titans uniform is... well I’m curious to see how it’s received. Mariota is gonna feel like he’s playing for Oregon all over again. 

If if a mod or someone wants to see pictures I’m more than happy to verify. 

Truly amazing that we have gone from this ↑ to this 

1 hour ago, DanParker said:

Those are pretty much them. Just missing one, errr, I guess you could say three, thing(s).

1 hour ago, DanParker said:

Doesn't it feel weird that none of your comments matter in regards to these concepts? You're not providing anything of value.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

In the form of an advertiser's logo not the team's.

I think it's an important distinction that it's a manufacturer's logo and not an advertiser's. Jerseys have displayed tacked-on apparel logos for 30 years. Considering how strict some companies are about "approved colorways" for their imagery, it's sorta cool to see a team take a little ownership of a 3rd party obligation.

1 minute ago, C-Squared said:

I think it's an important distinction that it's a manufacturer's logo and not an advertiser's. Jerseys have displayed tacked-on apparel logos for 30 years. Considering how strict some companies are about "approved colorways" for their imagery, it's sorta cool to see a team take a little ownership of a 3rd party obligation.

It is nothing at all more than an advertiser. Before Nike, Reebok / Russel et al didn’t even make the jerseys, just had their logos stitched on at the ripon factory in Wisconsin. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, DanParker said:

I am guessing there will be some sort of pattern somewhere on the jersey 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

11 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

I am guessing there will be some sort of pattern somewhere on the jersey 

Probably three stars. 

Mockup isn't terrible just gonna be Navy-heavy.

Navy - Navy - White (maybe silver?) - Navy/White/Red/Columbia Blue socks. How the hell can they balance this out

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Archived