Professional America Football Association; An Update

_DietDrPepper_

San Francisco

Detroit

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the winners are.... San Francisco and Detroit! Close behind is Atlanta. I’ve elected to go with San Francisco first due to it having the most votes.

I had a few ideas going into this and with some research I’ve found some more unique options! San Francisco has the second highest Chinese population in the US, so some of the names refer to their history. And the other options refer to the California Gold Rush. Here are the options!

California/San Francisco Miners

-This name refers to the Gold Rush obviously. There’s not much else to say here. 

-Red and gold color scheme could work, although I don’t want to get to close to 49ers territory so maybe navy and gold.

California/San Francisco Gold

-The Gold Rush, the Golden Gate Bridge, theres a lot to refernce here with the Gold nickname.

-Colors could be black and gold, purple and gold, blue and gold, whatever but gold has to be in the scheme obviously. 

-Logo I was thinking maybe an “SF” monogram, maybe throw in some pic axes or the Golden Gate Bridge references. Maybe something else, I’m open to ideas.

Californis/San Francisco Voyagers

-This name actually references the voyage Asian Americans took across the pacific to come to America, most of them came seeking work and dug gold and build railroad. This name would honor the pain and troubles these folks went through for a better life.

-I haven’t thought of many color ideas yet, I’m thinking anything could work.

-Logos, it has to not be to close to Frigates territory, and distinctive enough. Maybe a compass.

California/San Francisco Dragons

-The dragon is symbolic in Chinese culture. It’s a symbol of power, goodness, and luck. Dragons in East Asian folklore are said to control rainfall, thunder and floods.

-A regal color scheme, so maybe gold and purple? Or red and purple.

-The logo would have to be a dragon.

California/San Francisco Sea Lions

-A more generic option, but sea lions are commonly found in San Fran, as someone who’s been there and seen them, I can confirm this :P.

-Blues and Silvers and Browns maybe? We already have two teams that use shades of brown so maybe we try something else. Maybe go out the box and try purple and gold for this identity too.

California/San Francisco Vultures

-My original San Francisco franchise were named the Vultures. I don’t know the reason they were but I figured why not through it in as an option.

-They were red and black so I think those colors still work.

-It was a poorly drawn vulture head (lol) I think I could try cleaning it up, maybe come up with another idea and hmu, I’m open to change.

Well there are your options! Pick your favorite! And if you got an Ideas throw them at me! C&C appreciated, thx for all the feedback! ❤️

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

29 minutes ago, Darknes said:

Umm to avoid the confusion of the New York Suggestions I made, you should remember that the California Sea Lions are a thing in the Dashball Thread. 

Though I do say, I'd do a San Francisco Dragons with a Red/Gold Scheme

Good point, I can’t believe I forgot 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Yeah, while I'd love to see your take on a Sea Lions identity, that would be cutting it a little close ? I'm not really feeling the first three as much as I am the last three, so I'd go with either Dragons or Vultures.

1 hour ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Yeah, while I'd love to see your take on a Sea Lions identity, that would be cutting it a little close ? I'm not really feeling the first three as much as I am the last three, so I'd go with either Dragons or Vultures.

Lol you’re ideas of yours I may just have to take them all. I’m thinking it’ll be the dragons! I’ll try having sketches up soon, my try a stab at updating Chicago Florida or Philly. Keep your eyes peeled!

3YCQJRO.png

Here are the sketches for the Dragons! It was basically the unanimous vote, had a lot of fun with the logo, the first time ive ever drawn a dragon I think!UhY0onM.png

I drew two serpent like dragons from Chinese mythology. I started out with the wings and everything but changed it because it’s based off Chinese folklore so it’s only appropriate I based the design off the description and art of those dragons. The first option is horizontal facing one with a shaded underbelly and a stripe running down its side. The typeface is underneath it. The second logo is a vertical logo. The dragon is breathing fire and has the typeface in the center of the design. 

For the font I based it off the Chinese/Asian characters. Used online fonts and did some tweaking basically. Lol. 

I was thinking of making a secondary of the head of the dragon! But I didn’t upload it because I think y’all can imagine what it could look like. Maybe a SF tertiary logo aswell!

Thanks for viewing, C@C appreciated!

3YCQJRO.png

The Dragon on the left would look sweet on a helmet, but if you flipped the dragon on the right it could make an "S" for San Francisco and that might be cool also. I'm excited to see the color scheme. :)

sig-01_zpsb2ab3976.png

I like the primary drawing quite a bit! Just the right level of detail, I think.

The wordmark is really well done, but a bit cliche/stereotypical. Maybe tech-ify it to make it more SF?

I don't really like the secondary there with the banner just slapped on top of the dragon... I'd like to see a dragon-head secondary and an SF monogram, though!

Still, a job well done! Looking forward to colors + uniforms!

Also @LogoMark... the Shanghai Dragons did it first...

16 minutes ago, vtgco said:

I like the primary drawing quite a bit! Just the right level of detail, I think.

The wordmark is really well done, but a bit cliche/stereotypical. Maybe tech-ify it to make it more SF?

I don't really like the secondary there with the banner just slapped on top of the dragon... I'd like to see a dragon-head secondary and an SF monogram, though!

Still, a job well done! Looking forward to colors + uniforms!

Also @LogoMark... the Shanghai Dragons did it first...

They’re two different logos. Each would be a primary if picked with a close up on their head as a secondary!

3YCQJRO.png

Archived