Logos And Uniforms That Are So Ugly They’re Awesome

CheeseBurger22

18 hours ago, NicDB said:

By itself, the jersey is actually stunning.  But would it kill them to wear a yellow helmet and get matching pants stripes?

Big yes on the pants stripe, but big no on the yellow helmet.

The white/brown/gold is what makes that uniform unique.  If it were gold/brown/gold it would be just another traditional take.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another neon/bright colors fan in the house!  My list:

I like the Seahawks green color rush, but I like the contrast of the navy and green better.

Orlando Thunder for sure.  The California Redwoods of the old UFL were similar.  I loved that name, I wish someone else would use it.20091119-Florida-at-California-UFL-Footb

Baylor U Basketball

Jo+Lual+Acuil+Jr+NCAA+Basketball+Tournam

Roswell Invaders.  Love the colors and the alien theme, the font could be more "alien" for me.

2018_roswell_front.jpg

Miami Heat Vice uniform!!!!

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4udm94LWNkbi5jb20vdGh1bWJv

Columbia Fireflies!!!  Yes the yellow is as bright as it looks!

Despite%20his%20batting%20.222%20with%20

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

On 4/30/2018 at 9:10 AM, whitedawg22 said:

I think it would, actually (the helmet part). That would be a lot of yellow. It might work if they wore it with white pants, kind of like the Steelers' yellow-helmeted throwbacks, but I think that would defeat the coordination you're going for.

07_bufda_ward_81647.jpeg

I don't think it would when Wyoming is the only team that uses their color combination (brown and athletic gold) in the FBS.  No matter what combination they wear, when you see those colors, you're gonna think of Wyoming.

17 hours ago, NicDB said:

I don't think it would when Wyoming is the only team that uses their color combination (brown and athletic gold) in the FBS.  No matter what combination they wear, when you see those colors, you're gonna think of Wyoming.

My point wasn't that people wouldn't think of Wyoming, or that it would be a problem to look like the Steelers. My problem was that a yellow helmet with a brown jersey and yellow pants would be a whole lot of yellow. For instance, I always thought this West Virginia uniform combo was a bit much:

22_WVU_UTAH_GAME_ACTION.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

15 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

My point wasn't that people wouldn't think of Wyoming, or that it would be a problem to look like the Steelers. My problem was that a yellow helmet with a brown jersey and yellow pants would be a whole lot of yellow. For instance, I always thought this West Virginia uniform combo was a bit much:

22_WVU_UTAH_GAME_ACTION.jpg

Ah, gotcha.

I grew up watching the Packers though.  The mass of yellow only ever bothered me when they played indoors.  That would only rarely ever be the case with Wyoming.

3 hours ago, NicDB said:

Ah, gotcha.

I grew up watching the Packers though.  The mass of yellow only ever bothered me when they played indoors.  That would only rarely ever be the case with Wyoming.

There's a lot more yellow here. Seems like a little bit of white can go a long way when dealing with yellow.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 4:36 AM, Ray Lankford said:

tel.jpg

So, this image has my attention, just because the Jags identity fascinates me. In general, l strongly dislike the Color Rush concept, and l really hate Jacksonville's bi-color helmet. But, said helmet actually "works"  with this uniform, and only with this uniform!!! Uffff, exhale!!

• 3 weeks later...

jw7f5Wx.png

Here we have a truly regrettable Vancouver Canucks sweater design.....

From long ago, maybe late 70s, early 80s.  Back when The Colorado Rockies were an NHL team.

If you're wondering about the design, it is tricky ... but look close: the stripes form a 'V' ... V as in 'Vancouver' .......... get it? 

wS7MJ6T.png

On 5/1/2018 at 10:33 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Another neon/bright colors fan in the house!  My list:

I like the Seahawks green color rush, but I like the contrast of the navy and green better.

Orlando Thunder for sure.  The California Redwoods of the old UFL were similar.  I loved that name, I wish someone else would use it.20091119-Florida-at-California-UFL-Footb

Despite%20his%20batting%20.222%20with%20

Might wanna be careful about dissin' the lime green/neon green .....

I say this because I live in Seattle, and when the first hints of the color started creeping into the Seahawks duds, people were VERY vocal in their disapproval.

But then they drafted a QB prodigy and went to a couple Super Bowls, now these same fans drown themselves in the color.....

MdMYCGc.png 

Plus it HAPPENS to be my favorite color, dammit!

wS7MJ6T.png

Not sure what it says about me that I'm so drawn to this thread ... but obviously I have a knack for crazy-ugly logos and unis.

Like this one ... not sure why it took 4 pages for this historic blunder to surface: 49ers announced this new helmet in 1991, but massive outcry caused them to scrap it just 6 days later, Sharona:

. . . . . . .  oi91JLH.png

wS7MJ6T.png

1 hour ago, BroncoBuff said:

jw7f5Wx.png

Here we have a truly regrettable Vancouver Canucks sweater design.....

From long ago, maybe late 70s, early 80s.  Back when The Colorado Rockies were an NHL team.

If you're wondering about the design, it is tricky ... but look close: the stripes form a 'V' ... V as in 'Vancouver' .......... get it? 

I know, I know, but...

One of my favorite sweaters ever.

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know, I know, but...

One of my favorite sweaters ever.

I can respect that, I really can.

Especially as a lover of the Nuggets' 'Tetris Skyline' uniforms, I respect your opinion there.

wS7MJ6T.png

Archived