Sportscenter

Taco John's new logo

Holy crap... I haven't heard of Taco John's in a long time.  I'm calling it a downgrade.

I don’t think the perspective on the taco shape is right, but it’s fine. They should have stayed closer to the old font, though.

7 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I don’t think the perspective on the taco shape is right, but it’s fine. They should have stayed closer to the old font, though.

Exactly - the left side of the taco should taper down to get the angled perspective right and the new font is pretty boring in comparison, but whatever. I like it.

And now I have a hankerin' for some salt discs aka potato oles.

Less funky and that's never a good thing.

Looks like both a taco shell and a huge, Three Amigos-like sombrero... 

On 4/8/2018 at 1:37 PM, MiK said:

RBGcWrK.png

I don't dig this.  The regularity of the taco shape goes much better with the more straighforward font than with this whimsical font. 

The old text is OK; but the change is a significant upgrade for me.

On 4/8/2018 at 3:41 AM, Cosmic said:

I don’t think the perspective on the taco shape is right, but it’s fine.

It's the far-Upper-Midwestern take on Mexican food. They mix tacos with tater tots. I don't think their perspective on anything is right.

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

It's the far-Upper-Midwestern take on Mexican food. I don't think their perspective on anything is right.

Nobody knows Mexican food like Wyomingites!

I still know the old Taco John's radio jingle. It went "there's a whole lotta Mexican goin' on, at Taco John's, Taco John's..." then they'd read the specials or whatever and close it out with "it's goin' on at Taco John's (s'goin' on at Taco!), it's goin' on at Taco John's!" I'm glad my brain retains this and not trigonometry.

Having eventually been to one in MInnesota I contend that there was not nor heretofore has been any quantity of Mexican transpiring there.

A little on the bland side but still an upgrade.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, the admiral said:

I still know the old Taco John's radio jingle. It went "there's a whole lotta Mexican goin' on, at Taco John's, Taco John's..." then they'd read the specials or whatever and close it out with "it's goin' on at Taco John's (s'goin' on at Taco!), it's goin' on at Taco John's!" I'm glad my brain retains this and not trigonometry.

I got you.

On 4/9/2018 at 3:58 PM, the admiral said:

It's the far-Upper-Midwestern take on Mexican food. They mix tacos with tater tots. I don't think their perspective on anything is right.

You misspelled Potato Ole's