Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

Vegas wins.

If that questionable goal in Game 2 would have counted, they'd be leading the series 3-0 and would still be undefeated in the playoffs.

They don't have a Sidney Crosby or a Connor McDavid on their roster. But damn these players are so well coached, it's amazing. Now I miss Gallant.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Is six months really enough time to build that kind of irrational fandom?

Yep.  If you're the first "big four" sport in any city, you get that.  If you're the only "big four sport" in that city however, it dies if/when the team stops winning.  Just ask Carolina Hurricanes fans.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Vegas!

Viva!

nav-logo.png

Sharks should've won this, but damn penalties and a bit of luck swings the series back in Vegas' favor. At this point, they need to sit Martin and win Wednesday, otherwise the series is pretty much bagged. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Y'know what? My outrage about the Knights has wrapped around to the other side. I'm perfectly okay with the Knights winning the Cup in year one.

The way I now see it, anything that adds to the NHL's status as a joke league and further accelerates its decline is perfectly fine in my mind.

I give Vegas credit for winning, but I still sit here and ask, how players who could barely make their teams last year, now look like the '84 Edmonton Oilers franchise? Sometimes I watch Vegas and how teams play against them and it's like they stop playing and watch or just hand Vegas the puck. There's a different feel to Vegas games... it's an odd feeling. In my heart of hearts, I'm hoping it's all players who are having career years and there's nothing fishy going on. If there is, that would be bad for the game. Watching Vegas games live and on tv, there's a different feel to it and I can't place my finger on it what it is.

18 minutes ago, oddball said:

I give Vegas credit for winning, but I still sit here and ask, how players who could barely make their teams last year, now look like the '84 Edmonton Oilers franchise? Sometimes I watch Vegas and how teams play against them and it's like they stop playing and watch or just hand Vegas the puck. There's a different feel to Vegas games... it's an odd feeling. In my heart of hearts, I'm hoping it's all players who are having career years and there's nothing fishy going on. If there is, that would be bad for the game. Watching Vegas games live and on tv, there's a different feel to it and I can't place my finger on it what it is.

Bettman did not want this to flop. With that said, it was previously discussed that Vegas had more choices to choose from, when they assembled their team. They weren't going to steal anyone's franchise superstar, but they still came out of it with many good acquisitions. Pittsburgh had 2 elite goalies and could only protect one. That helped.

The way I see it, after watching several games, I firmly believe they're taking this seriously and no one in any dept. on or off the ice is :censored: ing around.

6 hours ago, oddball said:

Because the truth of the matter is not that "they could barely make their teams last year". Most of these guys would be playing heavy minutes if they were still on their old teams. The Blue Jackets would've gladly held onto William Karlsson if they weren't made to give him away. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I want the Bruins/Caps/Jets/Sharks to advance, but deep down I kinda want to see the Bruins/Pens/Perds/VGK advance just for the meltdown potential 

The Preds moving on won't cause much meltdown. Vegas it's split 50/50.

The other two, though, they'll be a meltdown.

Archived