Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

10 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I remember Mario Lemieux hoisting the Prince of Wales Trophy in 1991. Pens won.

Yeah, but didn't they face a plucky (and overmatched) North Stars team? It's not like touching the trophy was going to hurt them...

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still incredibly ironic how the Capitals have this ALL CAPS catchphrase for these playoffs, but yet they're the only team who has a script of the team name in their logo in all lowercase letters. It's kinda like the Winnipeg Whiteout where everyone's wearing white expect the players on the ice.

17 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I remember Mario Lemieux hoisting the Prince of Wales Trophy in 1991. Pens won.

Prior to Lindros in 1997 every team hoisted the conference championship trophy. Exactly half went on to win the cup and half lost. 

7 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Maybe their Golden Knight slaying all 26 capital letters of the alphabet with his sword?

Or they have a bunch of obscure state capitals like Montpelier, Carson City, and Helena and the knight takes them all down one by one. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Maybe their Golden Knight slaying all 26 capital letters of the alphabet with his sword?

He destroys D.C. in the style of Independence Day. The crowd cheers. 

XM4KeeA.png

I get a chance to watch my team compete for a Stanley Cup. I feel very fortunate, nervous, and glad for Ovechkin that he’s silenced a lot of his doubters with what will surely be a Conn Smythe postseason if the Caps win. 

That being said, I’m keeping my expectations low. The Caps got swept the last time they were here; just win a game, boys. At least let us have that. 

I fully predict that Fleury will be too much for the Caps to handle and that Vegas will win every game 1-0. 

In all seriousness, I think Vegas in 6. MAF is looking ridiculous now and Vegas has a lot of belief in them. Despite all the arguments for the “rigged” expansion draft Gallant has them playing above the sum of their parts. 

Either way it’s gonna be a great storyline and it’s been a great season from my Caps. Provided they don’t get swept or lose games they should win, they and all of Caps nation can hold their heads high after a postseason, for once. Go Caps. 

EDIT: Plus I get to watch Dubs-Rockets during the intermissions.  Good stuff.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I love the intro. Cheesy, but lovably so. Definitely getting a Vegas hat and/or shirt after today.

It's really weird how the VGK have inspired so much merchandise purchases. They almost feel like they're cooler than the league.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

26 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

I love the intro. Cheesy, but lovably so. Definitely getting a Vegas hat and/or shirt after today.

That intro was far too long, and pretty boring. There’s a lot better game intros in this league. Columbus has some really cool intro and intermission shows using their lighting system, and i know other teams have similar set ups as well.

jNTsTyQ.png

What a first period this has been. This is gonna be a fun series. 

Also, does anyone know where you can get heart pills cheap? Asking for a friend. 

spacer.png

Archived