Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two boneheaded penalties gifts the Jackets a 4-3 lead after 2. Very well could be all she wrote for Game 2, Caps have looked meh after a great start. 

I mean if we were gonna get eliminated anyway (we were/are), I’d rather lose to ‘Lumbus than to Pittsburgh. 

spacer.png

Caps have had some glorious chances in the third here, but halfway through the 3rd they haven’t put any of them away. Doesn’t look like our night. 

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Caps have had some glorious chances in the third here, but halfway through the 3rd they haven’t put any of them away. Doesn’t look like our night. 

I know a reverse jinx when I see one. Well, too many penalties in the third. Caps are gonna ride this momentum to an overtime win. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

19 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I know a reverse jinx when I see one. Well, too many penalties in the third. Caps are gonna ride this momentum to an overtime win. 

Gg @McCarthy, ain’t no way my boys are coming back from an L like that. Rather lose to you lot than Pittsburgh. 

Why is is it that goalies always go mental on the Caps in the 1st round? Neuvirth in 2016, Freddy Anderson last year, and now Bobrovsky makes like 60 saves. 

spacer.png

Legitimately, seriously not considering watching Game 3. I love playoff hockey, but I mean this is just too much. Why waste 3 hours of my evening. 

spacer.png

Crabcake’s 3-point, infallible, 100% plausible plan to fix the Capitals:

1. Move the team to Seattle. 

2. Get an expansion franchise and succeed a la Vegas. 

3. Raise the Cup.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

Crabcake’s 3-point, infallible, 100% plausible plan to fix the Capitals:

1. Move the team to Seattle. 

2. Get an expansion franchise and succeed a la Vegas. 

3. Raise the Cup.

1. Change uniforms

2. Trade Ovi

3. Profit

42 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

You are very wrong.

I was reverse jinxing a reverse jinx. Try to keep up. 

41 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Gg @McCarthy, ain’t no way my boys are coming back from an L like that. Rather lose to you lot than Pittsburgh. 

Why is is it that goalies always go mental on the Caps in the 1st round? Neuvirth in 2016, Freddy Anderson last year, and now Bobrovsky makes like 60 saves. 

Good game. Far from over. This is an ohio sports team you're playing here. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalie give up four and put in as great of a performance as Bobrovsky did tonight. Didn’t deserve to win the game on the balance of everything else, but he was fantastic (which, to some extent, is always what the Jackets will need to be successful in the playoffs).

I’d almost say Torts should dress a seventh defenseman if Wennberg isn’t good to go Tuesday, given he played Milano all of 3 minutes and 12 seconds.

6fQjS3M.png

Since I was housebound all day (thank you blizzard featuring 17" of snow in mid-April; god damnit Wisconsin), I took @McCarthy's beautiful bracket, made it busier and unnecessarily complicated:

uNAzx2s.png

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Archived