ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

Recommended Posts

The Sharks have had a 3-0 series lead against a California rival before...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, uh... it just me, or are these playoffs blowout after blowout so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The Sharks have had a 3-0 series lead against a California rival before...

 

giphy.gif

 

Into the flood again, same old trip it was back then.

 

I'm pretty sure the Sharks are closing this one out, but I can never be too sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I fully expect the Sharks to come out and play about as uninspired as possible for at least the next two, probably three, games and this thing ends up going much longer than necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

So, uh... it just me, or are these playoffs blowout after blowout so far?

 

It's not just you. Outside of the Vegas/Los Angeles series, the games have been butt kicking after butt kicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

 

It's not just you. Outside of the Vegas/Los Angeles series, the games have been butt kicking after butt kicking.

uh there's a series where both games have gone to overtime, but ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, despite having a 3-0 lead, we've already seen two teams in the last decade blow it. Can't count out the opposition until time runs out on win number four. I will say though that in listening to recaps and looking at the boxscore, I'mma be pretty pissed in Evander Kane doesn't stay in San Jose. He's been a huge spark for the team and if Thornton can return in some capacity in the bottom six, maybe they can hang much more closely with the Jets/Preds/Knights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and count this one as over. I truly can't name a single thing that the Ducks did in the first three games that I can latch onto and say, "well if we can just do that then we've got a shot to come all the way back!" Say what you will about previous their previous playoff failures, but at least they would battle. I haven't seen that. This is a team that needs a cleanse.

 

Honestly, I'd prefer if they just got it done quickly too. Don't make us all have to show up on Friday, pay for parking, pay for food, pay for drink, take up our time. If you're gonna blow it, just blow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

uh there's a series where both games have gone to overtime, but ok

 

I forgot about that series, but I see that more as the Caps continuing their Legacy of Failure more then anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Now I fully expect the Sharks to come out and play about as uninspired as possible for at least the next two, probably three, games and this thing ends up going much longer than necessary.

 

I want to "like" this for its truth but it makes me sad so I can't do it.

 

4 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I truly can't name a single thing that the Ducks did in the first three games that I can latch onto and say, "well if we can just do that then we've got a shot to come all the way back!"

 

Odd man rushes have absolutely killed the Ducks in this series. There seems to be one that breaks the Ducks' back each game. Several periods they have been at least evenly matched with the Sharks (second half of the first period in game 3 they were the superior team) but they give up an odd man rush goal and the floodgates open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a dirty hit on Staal... Why do you even need to aim for his head? Morissey literally aimed up at Staal's head. :censored: you Winnipeg...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross-checking worthless compiler lunkhead Eric Staal is virtually a victimless crime, who cares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weak goal to end double OT. 

 

Welp, let's see if Vegas can close out tonight or if L.A. is gonna get back in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That Caps 2OT still doesn’t guarantee anything going forward- remember, they won game 3 on the road in OT last year vs Pittsburgh and that didn’t carry over to game 4.
 
But it beats the alternative- I.e. Anaheim.
 
Washington has been swept only three times in team history- 1990, 1998, 2011. And has never swept a best of seven series themselves (swept a pair of best of five series in 1984 + 1986)
 
For all their playoff woes, brooms are rarely involved when it comes to the Caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:
That Caps 2OT still doesn’t guarantee anything going forward- remember, they won game 3 on the road in OT last year vs Pittsburgh and that didn’t carry over to game 4.
 
But it beats the alternative- I.e. Anaheim.
 
Washington has been swept only three times in team history- 1990, 1998, 2011. And has never swept a best of seven series themselves (swept a pair of best of five series in 1984 + 1986)
 
For all their playoff woes, brooms are rarely involved when it comes to the Caps.

 

True, but there is still a lot to live up to for Washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kings are the first team eliminated. 3 goals scored. Shutout twice.

 

Vegas is the first team to advance. 7 goals scored. Two 1-goal shutout wins.

 

Not what I expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.