Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just read that FLyers Sean Couturier played the last to games with a torn MCL.  They said that it doesn't need surgery, and in the regular season it's a 4-week recovery.

Why is it that hockey players can play on torn MCLs, and I even think there was a goalie that played with an ACL, but for any other sport, it's surgery and a lost season?  I'm not buying "hockey tough".

MCLs don't necessarily seem to be the worst injuries. At least according to my Hollywood Upstairs Medical College here: https://www.healthline.com/health/medial-collateral-ligament-mcl-injury-of-the-knee#treatment

I'd say you're probably getting confused with the alphabet soup of ligaments. I have no idea the real difference between ACL, MCL, PCL, etc. Playing through a torn ligament can do serious damage, so "hockey dumb" is probably a safe bet.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

MCLs don't necessarily seem to be the worst injuries. At least according to my Hollywood Upstairs Medical College here: https://www.healthline.com/health/medial-collateral-ligament-mcl-injury-of-the-knee#treatment

I'd say you're probably getting confused with the alphabet soup of ligaments. I have no idea the real difference between ACL, MCL, PCL, etc. Playing through a torn ligament can do serious damage, so "hockey dumb" is probably a safe bet.

Well, for whatever it's worth, I've heard of torn ACL's being a 4-to-6 month recovery process for hockey players; at least, I'm pretty sure that was the timetable for Rod Brind'Amour when he tore his ACL once, and this was later on in his career as well at that. That's substantial, but NFL players are generally a 9-month recovery process even now.

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Come one Leafs, send this back to Boston so you can take them out in their own building. 

It's been an exciting series. I see it going seven and if the Leafs pull it off, I wouldn't mind rooting them on the rest of the way.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Team statement from the Maple Leafs (courtesy of CNN):

The Toronto Maple Leafs and (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment) are keeping all of those impacted by today’s tragic incident in Toronto in our thoughts and prayers. Our organization continuously works in close partnership with Toronto Police Service, and other security agencies, to ensure the safety of all fans attending games at Air Canada Centre, including playoff tailgate events at Maple Leaf Square. In addition to the safety measures already in place, Toronto Police Service will be implementing a number of additional measures including road closures surrounding Air Canada Centre tonight to create the safest environment for our fans watching in Maple Leaf Square, as well as providing enhanced security inside Air Canada Centre

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, MiK said:

Team statement from the Maple Leafs (courtesy of CNN):

The Toronto Maple Leafs and (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment) are keeping all of those impacted by today’s tragic incident in Toronto in our thoughts and prayers. Our organization continuously works in close partnership with Toronto Police Service, and other security agencies, to ensure the safety of all fans attending games at Air Canada Centre, including playoff tailgate events at Maple Leaf Square. In addition to the safety measures already in place, Toronto Police Service will be implementing a number of additional measures including road closures surrounding Air Canada Centre tonight to create the safest environment for our fans watching in Maple Leaf Square, as well as providing enhanced security inside Air Canada Centre

i wonder why they are having the game today.  i remember the shooting in Ottawa in 2014, was rescheduled.  i wonder if this has to do with its because its the playoffs and scheduling issues.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

After hearing them go word for word through it, verbatim in the rule book during the intermission for the Pens/Flyers games. 

I think it it was a fair call. Even if it was against The Bruins. 

Refs have still been trash this whole series though. Won’t deny that. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

I’ve never seen a team be so throughly outplayed like the Leafs, yet is somehow winning. 

Bruins are just choking so hard right now, plain & simple. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived