Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Morgo said:

If it means not seeing that rat-faced puke Marchand lift another cup I'm all for it ;)

Well he won't be able to lift it too high, cause you know, his arms aren't long enough to get it around his nose. 

I know (think) the Bruins will win game 7. Here's why. I completely agree with Brass, if Pastrnak or Marchand for that matter try to toe drag one more time through the entire leafs roster instead of making the smart, simple pass, I'm gonna shoot myself. speaking of shooting, does Torey Krug know you're actually allowed to make forward passes in today's NHL instead of shooting the puck into a sea of bodies every single possession? And does Rick Nash know you're allowed to actually challenge the goaltender with shots that actually land on goal? Jake Debrusk's been the best Bruin of the series and it's pretty much indisputable. Better than Brad, Patrice, all 3 Davids and esp. Tuukka. Kid never quits on the puck, and his hustle has paid off 3 times so far. I'm sick and tired of Tuukka playing just ok and getting away with it. He needs to act like a franchise goaltender, make that one big save and help them win the game. However, the Bruins are at least marginally the better team of the two, which the regular season and first two games of the series showed, and I have a hard time believing many self-respecting leafs fans would even think differently. However, I also think it's pretty embarrassing to think that the leafs have stolen their 3 wins. They have pounced on more opportunities, been one of very few teams to figure out the 63-37-88 line, and overall outgoaltended the Bruins in a large way. The Bruins, especially Tuukka, have allowed them to outplay them, and to look like the better team. To be the better team. Did I mention how garbage Rask's been? Bottom line, in front of a home crowd I believe the Bruins stalwarts step up in a large way, and seal the deal on this thing. It should've taken five, but I think they will win in seven. They are the better team here after all.

Or maybe they're not. We'll know Wednesday.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Pittsburgh-Washington again? How the heck does this keep happening?

On 4/20/2018 at 4:29 PM, Crabcake47 said:

the NHL designed a playoff system that gave them as many divisional matchups as possible during the playoffs, and it juuuuust so happens that Caps-Pens is usually one of them. With Pittsburgh winning. Every. Single. Time. 

spacer.png

Rate of giving up at least 3 goals in every game of a first-round series over the last 10 years:

- Blue Jackets, 4/4 (100%)

- Rest of NHL, 7/156 (4.5%)

Of everything that's perplexing about the Blue Jackets in the playoffs, this is by far and away the most confusing one. They've played 21 playoff games, and every single time, they've given up at least 3 goals. Even if you gave the Jackets the worst starting goalie in the NHL, it makes no sense -- you'd think they could at least dumb luck their way into a 4-2 win or even a 2-0 loss -- but given the team's had a top goalie every single year, it's even more ridiculous.

6fQjS3M.png

9 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Pittsburgh-Washington again? How the :censored: does this keep happening?

Maybe this time the Caps will beat the Penguins... wait a second, who am I kidding? Pittsburgh owns them like rented mules.

Either way, the semi final matches in the West are far more interesting then the ones out East.

Penguins in 5. Murray will be better than Bobrovsky, the Penguins won't turn the puck over on the breakout at an alarming rate, their power play won't vanish, their penalty kill is going to do something about Ovechkin, and they're not going to take the dumbest penalties imaginable when the entire series hinges on not taking dumb penalties.

I hate to say this. I'm really pulling for the Capitals, but I don't see it happening. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Penguins in 5. Murray will be better than Bobrovsky, the Penguins won't turn the puck over on the breakout at an alarming rate, their power play won't vanish, their penalty kill is going to do something about Ovechkin, and they're not going to take the dumbest penalties imaginable when the entire series hinges on not taking dumb penalties.

I hate to say this. I'm really pulling for the Capitals, but I don't see it happening. 

Unfortunately, you've hit the nail on the head.  This Caps team is worse than last year's imo, especially in defense.  The Caps can't count on their PK completely shutting down the Penguins' power play to nullify all the dumb penalties they took in the series.  I can't see this series going 7.

spacer.png

The Blue Jackets have been in the league for 18 years and still have not won a single playoff series, while the Golden Knights just got here and already swept an established team on their first go. I completely understand the unhappiness I've heard from several fanbases and also the arguments about :censored: 'd off GM's.

In terms of the Vegas fanbase ''having it easy'', wait till the Penguins crush their Stanley Cup dreams in a Game 7 heartbreaker, where the Golden Knights fight like mad men to try to get that late tying goal to no avail and the Penguins barely cling on till the end to 3-peat. [/not a spoiler] :P

On 4/23/2018 at 10:19 PM, ozzyman314 said:

Look at the Stats and tell me The Leafs have been the better team. 

That, i could deal with. 

Plain & Simple, Bruins are choking hard.

I’ve said since the beginning, Bruins are the only team that can beat Pittsburgh. 

You're such a homer it's making Bruins fans look even worse.

A. The Bruins are top to bottom a better team BUT there's 2 glaring differences between them that explains why this series is 3-3: Mike Babcock & Freddy Andersen. Babcock is coaching circles around Big Ole Bruce, and it's tough to watch. Bruce is over here shuffling lines that don't need to be shuffled. He's getting finessed defensively, Babcock is exposing the speed of the Bruins.

B. If the Bruins are thoroughly outplaying the Leafs (they are), how are they choking? I don't think you understand what choking actually is. The Bruins are playing well enough to win, but that won't happen when Rask lets up pee-wee level goals and Andersen is playing at a top, top level. 

Watch the game a little more objectively. Don't be a Jack Edwards, be a Doc Emrick. 

23 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

oh god, this is going to become a Thing, isn't it?

Whatever the record for most playoff series losses to start a franchise is I bet the Blue Jackets will break that record by 3 or 4 series losses. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

31 minutes ago, speedy said:

You're such a homer it's making Bruins fans look even worse.

A. The Bruins are top to bottom a better team BUT there's 2 glaring differences between them that explains why this series is 3-3: Mike Babcock & Freddy Andersen. Babcock is coaching circles around Big Ole Bruce, and it's tough to watch. Bruce is over here shuffling lines that don't need to be shuffled. He's getting finessed defensively, Babcock is exposing the speed of the Bruins.

B. If the Bruins are thoroughly outplaying the Leafs (they are), how are they choking? I don't think you understand what choking actually is. The Bruins are playing well enough to win, but that won't happen when Rask lets up pee-wee level goals and Andersen is playing at a top, top level. 

Watch the game a little more objectively. Don't be a Jack Edwards, be a Doc Emrick. 

I've missed you so much <3

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Nothing is garunteed. 

I don’t know how tonight’s game will end up. Freddie Anderson could stand on his head. He could shots in from the parking lot. The Leafs offence could click on all cylinders or they could sputter out like they did in games 1 and 2. 

I do know this though. To all of you saying this should have been over in five? The Bruins had a shot at closing it out in five. Didn’t happen. 

So it’s game seven and anything could happen. 

All I can say right now is that I’m over the moon that the Leafs crawled back to even get here after the first two games. It proves to me that this team isn’t a mirage. They’re good. Resilient. And they’ll accomplish a lot in due time. 

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

Nothing is garunteed. 

I don’t know how tonight’s game will end up. Freddie Anderson could stand on his head. He could shots in from the parking lot. The Leafs offence could click on all cylinders or they could sputter out like they did in games 1 and 2. 

I do know this though. To all of you saying this should have been over in five? The Bruins had a shot at closing it out in five. Didn’t happen. 

So it’s game seven and anything could happen. 

All I can say right now is that I’m over the moon that the Leafs crawled back to even get here after the first two games. It proves to me that this team isn’t a mirage. They’re good. Resilient. And they’ll accomplish a lot in due time. 

And you've got the Bruins horrendous history of game sevens at home on your side. Hopefully it's a game for the ages, though.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Should be a hell of a game. I picked the Bruins to win the East so I want to be right, but I'd also love to see the Leafs make a run, so either way it's all good from my disinterested point of view. Just a tune-up for tomorrow night's big Calder Cup game! ROCKFORD ICEHOGS COULD SWEEP! ugh kill me

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived