Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debrusk, the best player on the better team won the best game of the best series with the best goal of the playoffs. I love playoff hockey and by golly, I loved this game with all my heart. That Leafs team is a scary thing, and they gave a dogged fight I don't think anyone predicted after the first two. Andersen and Rask both choked but somehow the Bruins gave Tuukka the heimlich in the third to earn a beautifully ugly win. They finally stepped up. Watch out for Boston.

Now who had bingo with the 11 goals square?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

For the third straight year, we get a second round matchup between 1-2 in their conference.

And for the second time in three years, it's for BOTH conferences (STL-DAL and WAS-PIT in 2016,)

Seriously, this is SO going to dilute the conference finals

2 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

For the third straight year, we get a second round matchup between 1-2 in their conference.

And for the second time in three years, it's for BOTH conferences (STL-DAL and WAS-PIT in 2016,)

I don't think anything could ever make you happy.

I see that recently proud tradition of the Maple Leafs blowing a 3rd period lead in Game 7 in Boston renewed itself again tonight.

Thanks a lot, guys. :censored:  . Didn't want to have to deal with the Bruins and yet here we are now.

6 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Best insult of a goalie I’ve ever seen.

A bizarre one, really. Traffic cone is usually reserved for slow defensemen. I also see "pylon" a lot for obviously similar reasons.

spacer.png

Just your weekly reminder that sports are no fun.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Western Conference: four teams that have never won a Cup
Eastern Conference: two of the most insufferable teams in hockey, a team that's won a Cup this millennium, and penguin food

the East is a mistake

I had this thought earlier before Game 7. The West is four teams I would not mind winning at all. The East is the incapable Capitals and three teams I don't particularly care for.

Predators in 7 (Jets will be the better team and jump out to a lead and then choke it away) 

Golden Knights in 6 (to the ire of basically everyone here) 

Lightning in 7 (no confidence with the way Rask played in that series)

Penguins in 6 (inevitable.)

spacer.png

8 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Not gonna speak for the west because I don't really pay that much attention, but let's review the two teams left in the Metropolitan bracket:

• Back-to-back Stanley Cup winners, features second-best player in league
  • Team that's been one of NHL's best for a long time but never broken through, features best scorer in league

You're trying to tell me that the Penguins or Capitals would "dilute" the conference finals?

6fQjS3M.png

I knew in my bones that going into the third with a 4-3 lead was not going to end with the Leafs winning the game. The only surprising thing was not that the Bruins came back, but how quickly they turned it around. The most Leafs thing possible would've been to hang onto the lead the whole period and then give up the tying goal with like 5 seconds left.

Truly sorry, Leafs fans. Boston fans, I know most of you are good people who get it, but if you aren't please try to understand how good you have it. Also, eat :censored:. 

Predators in 7

Sharks in 6

Lightning in 7

Penguins in 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The playoffs are gonna be a lot less fun without the Leafs.

And this thread would be a lot more fun without your posts.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I knew in my bones that going into the third with a 4-3 lead was not going to end with the Leafs winning the game. The only surprising thing was not that the Bruins came back, but how quickly they turned it around. The most Leafs thing possible would've been to hang onto the lead the whole period and then give up the tying goal with like 5 seconds left.

Truly sorry, Leafs fans. Boston fans, I know most of you are good people who get it, but if you aren't please try to understand how good you have it. Also, eat :censored:. 

Boston fans, yes. Bruins fans, eh. Besides 2011 (I know, I know, they won the freakin' Cup I should shut up) the Bruins have let me down my entire life. Don't forget, just in the past decade they blew a 3-0 series lead and lost a Stanley Cup final in 5 seconds at home. They're kinda a**holes - and not in the Brad Marchand way, in the Bill Buckner way.

But I digress. What. A. Game. Kudos to the Leafs, all series long they found the answering goal almost immediately - tremendous resiliency for a young squad.

A couple take-a-ways. Rask still sucks, like... sucks. Austin Matthews was absolutely shut down by a 40 year old who looks like he skates in peanut butter - IceCap, what's your take on his performance? Really feel bad for Freddie Anderson, he was awful in the 3rd period.. but hoping he doesn't take the blame here, he's the reason they even got it to a game 7. Marner is going to be a hell of a player, really impressed this series. Finally, Zach Hyman is the fastest kid alive.

Archived