Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

45 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Are you on the side who don't want to see them win the Cup in year one? Idk about before cause I only tuned in to the account, when the playoffs started.

I don't want them to win the cup, but I am also very tired of corporate twitter accounts having a jokey, irreverent voice. The LA Kings were kind of the first to do that and it was funny for a few weeks and then like Wendy's starting started tweeting that way. Now though I'm just over it. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I don't want them to win the cup, but I am also very tired of corporate twitter accounts having a jokey, irreverent voice. The LA Kings were kind of the first to do that and it was funny for a few weeks and then like Wendy's starting started tweeting that way. Now though I'm just over it. 

Terminal Twitter will be black teenagers arguing with Payless Shoe Source about Spongebob memes, which is then quote-tweeted by a reporter for the Washington Post adding "lol, big if true"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Burger King found a new Twitter spokesperson too now lol. Moonpie's account is one of the best.

I'm fine with it, as long as they remain respectful. I find it better than just always having a monotonous writer. Twitter, like every other social media platform, has plenty of accounts I'd be demoralized to read from regularly. Twitter becomes better, depending on who I choose to have on my TL.

22 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Jets getting thoroughly embarrassed at home tonight, really in danger of pissing the whole series away here.

Finally having a game where Byfuglien isn't throwing guys around like rag dolls is a nice change of pace. I guess Hartnell snapped him out of Godzilla mode.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Denny's is another great twitter account, a fun scroll, if you like breakfast puns. Like a lot of breakfast puns. it's still eggcelent though.

VGK/SJS sure is something to watch, but unfortunately the games end around 1:00 am here in Boston, so that really figures, cause I've missed basically all of it. Eh, who needs sleep I gotta catch up :lol:.

I'm predicting the winner of game 4 in Boston wins the series, but there's basically no way it doesn't go 7, right? Tuukka's still garbage in other news and it's kinda the whole deal, as he goes, so goes the Bruins. Ryan Donato could slot in for Danton Heinen who's been great at doing nothing, and that's another big thing. He's electric and could be just what the B's need to wake the heck up. Should be the best game of the series so far.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Preds won the series tonight, backbreaking loss.

I wouldn't go that far. It definitely gives the Preds an edge in what is now a best of three situation, but I'll be surprised if Winnipeg doesn't get one more.

I think the winner of this series takes it all. For those without a dog in the fight, it's been some great hockey.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Preds won the series tonight, backbreaking loss.

Yeah, I don't see any way the Jets can climb out of this 2-2 hole. :rolleyes:

Washington played flat in the 3rd period; played like a bunch of dead fish. The series is tied; but the way they played, it was like they were on the verge of elimination.

Maybe heading back to home ice will help them...

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Caps-Pens is now a best of 3.

This series is just barreling towards another Game 7 victory for Pittsburgh, isn't it?

spacer.png

On 5/3/2018 at 12:03 PM, Alex Houston said:

Well that was a refreshing change of pace. Played well with speed throughout the game and didn't get complacent when the lead was 2-0 or even 3-0. I still think Vegas is getting the benefit of some soft calls at times, but I don't think it's as unreasonable as I would've seemed a few days ago in my mind with San Jose pulling this one out in seven. Just have to be Vegas in the compound with all their stupid dancing Rosebuds.

Now Nashville, I'mma need you to ship up and even this thing out later on. Last thing we need is having the Jets on the runway for a WCF appearance. A tired opponent is a good opponent.  

Merci beaucoup.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Bruins fans are gonna be pissed that the tying goal tonight sure looked like it came off a non-called trip on Kucherov and, in all fairness to you guys, you're probably right.

That being said, I've learned the hard way that a playoff series against Boston isn't over until they've lost four games. I would appreciate no 2004 flashbacks on Sunday, Bolts.

spacer.png

Yeah, that was one of the worst no calls i’ve Seen in the playoffs. 

But i’ll Give the refs credit, they’ve been consistently garbage the entire playoffs. 

As as soon as it went to OT i knew Bruins weren’t winning. 

These past few days  i’ve honestly come to the realization that it doesn’t matter who wins The East, because just like the NBA, they’re only going to be fodder for The West team. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

On 5/3/2018 at 12:03 PM, Alex Houston said:

Well that was a refreshing change of pace. Played well with speed throughout the game and didn't get complacent when the lead was 2-0 or even 3-0. I still think Vegas is getting the benefit of some soft calls at times, but I don't think it's as unreasonable as I would've seemed a few days ago in my mind with San Jose pulling this one out in seven. Just have to be Vegas in the compound with all their stupid dancing Rosebuds.

Now Nashville, I'mma need you to ship up and even this thing out later on. Last thing we need is having the Jets on the runway for a WCF appearance. A tired opponent is a good opponent.  

Dude, you're thinking about the WCF? I'm thinking about the last 5:00 of the first period. Just win this period Sharks. One quarter period at a time.

spacer.png

Some people are never happy. Marchand “readjusts” a guys Skull and he’s a “dirty player”, now he’s giving them kisses people still complain:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Lol. Didn't the NHL literally request him to stop? What is he trying to pull?

Marchand himself confirmed that the NHL have said absolutely nothing to him about it.

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived