ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

Sharks already looking defeated.

One thing I’ve noticed - I really like a lot of the uniforms in this round. Vegas, Tampa, Boston, Pittsburgh (good uniforms, despicable team), Winnipeg are all really good. 

:censored: the Sharks. 

They are fun to watch.

I know there's a divide of opinions, but me I'm happy for Vegas & the Golden Knights.

Washington is going to finally break through Pittsburgh, beat Tampa, and then lose to Vegas. This is where we're heading, right? 

Congrats to long-suffering Knights fans. You've been with this team since 2017 and you lost that game in March so it's been a tough road to get this far. 

Looks like this has become amongst the California teams Twitter accounts. This happens regularly lol...

So...I haven't watched hockey since the 2005 lost Sabres season and I'm loving the Golden Knights' run toward destiny. I laughed off the franchise after their disastrous unveiling, but that they may win the Stanley Cup with an expansion roster is incredible.

Incredible isn’t quite the right word for it. Farcical is more on the nose.

The Golden Knights winning the Stanley Cup would arguably be the most LOL moment ever, right next to the NHL awarding the city of Las Vegas a hockey franchise.

Yeah, um, it's been 50 :censored: ing years for us.  :censored: this.

Remind me to never pick a WWE show over a closeout playoff game featuring my hometown team. Anyway...Go Knights Go.

As more mainstream sports media starts to find this story and chime in with "what a story!" I feel compelled to watch less and less of this charade. I can't keep yelling "um actually it sucks!". I know how I'm coming across and it's annoying to even me. 

I guess I want people to understand that this isn't that baffling and they haven't gotten this far because of supernatural reasons. It all makes sense. The NHL handed them a team of the 9th best players and a cup winning goaltender and everyone's surprised that a team with depth prevails in the over-expanded NHL where depth is probably the biggest key to winning. Every player on Vegas is the 9th best player from their previous team (some even better than that, FLORIDA) and they're playing teams who have to play their 4th lines and 3rd defensive pairings stocked with 20th best players. No, I didn't think they'd make it to the conference finals, but I felt like they'd have a good shot at making the playoffs. And once they got the confidence snowball rolling, the us against the world mentality, and bringing playoff intensity every night because of being on a first year mission, it makes all the sense that they're where they are. 

Bah humbug 

------------------------------------------------------

Penguins are winning tonight, probably on a goal in overtime on a power play they shouldn't have gotten. Caps need to do what the Penguins would do in this situation - Go into the visiting team's arena with a chance to eliminate them and relish playing the role of the trolls. That's what they did in Game 6 of the series against the Blue Jackets. I feel like the winner of this game is winning the series. If the Caps lose all the pressure is going to be on them at home and there's no way they're getting off the mat. 

lol at people hating on Vegas, like they were gifted a Stanley cup contending team.  They weren’t.  

Everyone predicted how bad they would be with their roster at the beginning of the season and now want to blame the NHL because they made it this far.  

Sour grapes