Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic Capitals playoff loss where they dominate possession, power play opportunities, and shots and lose because every shot has to go through like 9 sticks and they try to make the fancy pass and thread that through 4 pairs of skates. That entire third period they were a couple inches away from scoring like 35 times. 

They could take some lessons from this and apply them to game 5, but their confidence equity from games 1 and 2 is probably now shot. 'ning in 6. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On May 17, 2018 at 2:58 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

Very easy to forget how well Quick played in that series.

That's my whole point. Yes, LA got swept, but all of those games were really close. I like Malcolm Subban, but he's not MAF, and I don't think he could have outperformed Quick the way Fleury did.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that "the league is conspiring against us" hockey purists are far, far more annoying than Vegas /lifelongs/. The worst thing about it is how they prattle on about having to "pay your dues" after coming into the league... why? This isn't pro wrestling. People who play unscripted sports play them to win. Do you just want Vegas to lie down and die for about five years? It doesn't work like that. They knew what they were doing when putting the team together, and before any of you say "b-b-but muh expansion draft rules," remember everyone thought they were going to suck. Stop bitching about it so much; it's better than a Penguins threepeat.

53Ocz8U.png

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Do you just want Vegas to lie down and die for about five years?

Five Decades would be just fine, since you know, that's how long Blues fans have been waiting.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

it's better than a Penguins threepeat.

Is it though?

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

That's not my mood. I'm enjoying Vegas' run. It's a nice story and they put together a team that was far better than anyone expected. Good for them.

Ditto. But I’m biased of course.

43 minutes ago, insert name said:

“No, my team isn’t incompetent at building a contender! It’s the league who’s rigging this whole system!” 

They were able to pick up a very good goalie and instant depth in the draft.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived