Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

19 minutes ago, rams80 said:

They were able to pick up a very good goalie and instant depth in the draft.

One potentially fun idea sports leagues could consider is redrafting teams each year. It would be chaos, but also super fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Isn't that kind of Pittsburgh's fault for having two high-tier goalies at once?

No,

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

11 hours ago, rams80 said:

Five Decades would be just fine, since you know, that's how long Blues fans have been waiting.

The Blues actually did reach the Stanley Cup Final in their first season in existence, much like what Las Vegas is on the verge of doing, but for the purposes of not giving you a coronary I'll just point out that, obviously, I'm aware of the differences in conference structures between when St. Louis went to the Final in 1968 and Las Vegas this year and that, unlike this year, the Blues literally had no chance in the world of winning in '68...or '69...or '70...

spacer.png

I'd just like to state that if this was 1968 I'd probably be complaining about the Blues getting a one-way trip to the finals as well, because let's face it - the whole "let's put every expansion team in their own division so that one of them gets a free shot at the Cup" was a pretty bush-league move too. I'd argue even more-so in 1970 when they put Buffalo & Vancouver in the East with the O6 and moved Chicago into the West for "balance" - effectively giving the Black Hawks a free trip to the Finals.

3 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

I'd just like to state that if this was 1968 I'd probably be complaining about the Blues getting a one-way trip to the finals as well, because let's face it - the whole "let's put every expansion team in their own division so that one of them gets a free shot at the Cup" was a pretty bush-league move too. I'd argue even more-so in 1970 when they put Buffalo & Vancouver in the East with the O6 and moved Chicago into the West for "balance" - effectively giving the Black Hawks a free trip to the Finals.

To be fair, I think almost every pundit was all over the Seals at that time, because they were "on paper" the best expansion team.

And then they went out and finished last in their league. That's showing 'em.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Before the season: "Vegas will not only be last in their division, but last in the league. 47 point, max"

Since the All-star break: "THE LEAGUE RIGGED THIS FOR VEGAS! BETTMAN IS TEH WORST! THEY GOT TO PICK ALL THE BEST PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION!!! NO FAIR!!! THEY DON'T DESERVE SUCCESS!!!"

Either the NHL is rigging things for the Penguins, or for Vegas. Can't be both.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The conference Finals started so well.  Now we're riding a 5 game streak of the undesired result and it looks like Ovechkin and Capitals are the only thing that can save this season.  Perhaps tonight will the shift back into the light.  GO CAPITALS.

35 minutes ago, Morgo said:

The conference Finals started so well.  Now we're riding a 5 game streak of the undesired result and it looks like Ovechkin and Capitals are the only thing that can save this season.  Perhaps tonight will the shift back into the light.  GO CAPITALS.

Hahahahahahaha nope

This series was over the second Killorn scored on Thursday night. Tampa’s taking this in 6 and it’s so obvious to see. 

Somehow they all hurt more than the last one. 

spacer.png

I really hope Tampa just wins Game 6 and ends the Caps’ misery. But because this franchise seems to want to deliver the maximum pain possible to its fanbase, they’ll take Game 6 convincingly to give us hope and then piss away Game 7 like they always do. 

spacer.png

Caps have had two pretty good periods here, not that it’ll mean much. Still good to see some fight out of them. 

spacer.png

Archived