Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Brooks Orpik is scoring your GWG, you’re doing something right. 

Caps look really good 5 on 5. If they can keep their wits about them, they’ve got a shot. They have done what no other team has done this postseason - make Fleury look human. They got a shot. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Also, the Caps have finally won a Stanley Cup Final game! First one in franchise history. Big night. 

Can't win four without winning one first. 

I can say something that I have not been able to say since I became a Caps fan in 2011. 

The Caps have made me proud in this postseason. 

They've shown fight, character, and mental strength that I have not seen. And now they’ve done something not previously done in franchise history. Win a SCF game. Now finish the job boys. 

spacer.png

The Holtby save has the potential to go down in history with the Bobby Orr "Flying Goal" and Brett Hull's Goal in the crease as some of the most memorable moments in Stanley Cup history.

If Washington wins the Cup, everyone's going to pinpoint this save as the series' "turning point".

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

14 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

When Brooks Orpik is scoring your GWG, you’re doing something right. 

Caps look really good 5 on 5. If they can keep their wits about them, they’ve got a shot. They have done what no other team has done this postseason - make Fleury look human. They got a shot. 

This is what has impressed me the most when looking at this series. For a team who let  Tampa Bay come back in the series at home, Washington has really set the pace of play and make Vegas look like the team many of us thought they'd be at the onset of the season. Though I am pulling for Sharks East, I'm going to be secretly jealous if they break their drought before my team. What can I say, I'm a greedy jerk. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived