ninersdd

Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Not to take anything away from that ludicrous save by Holtby, but I think Anderson's save was a lot more ridiculous.  

 

All else equal, I agree...but Stanley Cup Finals and all...

 

I was thoroughly confused when he made that save...maybe I need to get HD.  But given the open net, I assumed it went in...then no reaction from the Vegas players and a slow down to play stoppage.  That may be the single greatest moment I've ever seen in a Cup Final.  

 

And it was so key.  If they score, we're likely going to OT, where anything can happen, but the momentum shift would have been monumental.  The Caps let Game 1 get away and the let down of having to play on, along with the shot in the arm to Vegas (and the building) would have been substantial.  Again, no guarantees in OT, but I have to think Vegas would have been more likely to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

Not to take anything away from that ludicrous save by Holtby, but I think Anderson's save was a lot more ridiculous.  

 

Holy cow. Yeah that’s an objectively better save. But Holtby’s saved (pun intended) that game for the Caps and gave them some incredible momentum heading into G3. When you can have confidence that your goalie is playing like that, that’ll be huge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I have to confess- I don’t have a single thing to complain about with these Cup Finals

I do and it’s because all the games aren’t on the main NBC channel. Not everyone has NBCSN and are missing a classic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 7:34 PM, oddball said:

I'm sorry, either these officials are that bad, or they are seriously doing everything they can to allow Vegas to win. I'm sorry, you can't call the Wilson crosscheck on McNabb if you didn't call the Reeves crosscheck on Carlson. Then to follow it up with the "hooking" call where Miller falls down 15 minutes later. Heck, even soccer players are laughing at the horrible acting. Miller should've gotten two for diving. I swear the NHL officials are getting worse every year and have no idea what they are doing.

Wait, you didn't expect the officiating in the playoffs to be good, did you? Bad officiating in the Stanley Cup Playoffs has basically become a tradition.  

 

 In the last ten years or so, I've come to realize that regardless of what the NHL says at the beginning of the season in regards to their emphasis on some penalty, or that they the same call that is made in Game 1 of the regular season will be called the same in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. I now just do what I assume every other fan does and just do this: ??‍♂️

 

 

 

10 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

All else equal, I agree...but Stanley Cup Finals and all...

 

I was thoroughly confused when he made that save...maybe I need to get HD.  But given the open net, I assumed it went in...then no reaction from the Vegas players and a slow down to play stoppage.  That may be the single greatest moment I've ever seen in a Cup Final.  

 

And it was so key.  If they score, we're likely going to OT, where anything can happen, but the momentum shift would have been monumental.  The Caps let Game 1 get away and the let down of having to play on, along with the shot in the arm to Vegas (and the building) would have been substantial.  Again, no guarantees in OT, but I have to think Vegas would have been more likely to win.

I did too. I saw the open net, open Golden Knight and was like oh boy, but when the Vegas players didn't start celebrating, I figured Holtby saved it some how and he did.  I wasn't sure at first with Tuch, because I thought he was just relieved that he had tied the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

I have to confess- I don’t have a single thing to complain about with these Cup Finals

 

Welp, time to pack it in guys. This whole “Sports Logos Forum” thing was a pretty great ride, but it’s time has obviously come to an end. See you on the other side of the inevitable collapse. Maybe we can get a 4chan thread started to sustain the cause. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

Welp, time to pack it in guys. This whole “Sports Logos Forum” thing was a pretty great ride, but it’s time has obviously come to an end. See you on the other side of the inevitable collapse. Maybe we can get a 4chan thread started to sustain the cause. 

This was my first thought when I saw that comment from SabresRule:

 

etgo0j.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 1:27 PM, Alex Houston said:

 

Ah, so that's what happens when you outsource The Polyphonic Spree. 

Hey, that band also has "Wrapping up the Rite of Spring thread" montage material music

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Hey, that band also has "Wrapping up the Rite of Spring thread" montage material music

 

 

Ehhh. Europop has a time and a place, though I don't know if the retrospective for postseason sports is it. Feels more like a Fanta or sun tan lotion commercial thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know Bill Foley was soooo pissed that the Army herald trumpets were there for Washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ovechkin is on the warpath tonight! What a goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Capitals have a chance. I didn't think they did. But it looks like they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3-1 Captials with 5 minutes left.

 

So are the Capitals the new Team Justice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was an ass kicking. The Knights are picking one hell of a time to look like an expansion team. Sheesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caps were very very good tonight. Ovechkin looks like a man on a mission. A Holtby mistake away from a clean sheet in the Stanley Cup Final. 

 

Two more lads. Two. More. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.