Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

The hockey gods didn't want to deprive everyone of their sanctimony when a Vegas fan throws something on the ice when Washington wins the Cup on the road.

Did we anoint the Vegas fans to be the bestestest boys and girls in the whole wide world first?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Did we anoint the Vegas fans to be the bestestest boys and girls in the whole wide world first?

The Golden Knights are powered by their virtue and purity. I thought everyone knew that.

8 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Gary Bettman isn't pleased with the Capitals 4-0 lead...

gary-bettman-2.jpg

It’s really too bad he wasn’t there tonight. The memes that could have been had...

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Vegas plays the superior game, only to find themselves down 4-0. Take that Vegas fans. This is what being a NHL fan is all about. Drink it in, you're in this for the long haul.

If SOG mattered the Kings would have won three times as many Cups.

VmWIn6B.png

I’m surprised how quickly everyone has pronounced this series over.  We have some recent runs of “3-1” jokes in sports much less strange than hockey.

4-2 as I am typing this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

53 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Vegas plays the superior game, only to find themselves down 4-0. Take that Vegas fans. This is what being a NHL fan is all about. Drink it in, you're in this for the long haul.

It’s great. I didn’t expect to be here. I feel like one of guys now.

2 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I’m surprised how quickly everyone has pronounced this series over.  We have some recent runs of “3-1” jokes in sports much less strange than hockey.

4-2 as I am typing this.

People were declaring the Caps dead back during their series vs. Columbus. 

Remember all the discussion we had about whether the Caps could shake off the choker label and how a lot of people said they needed a good showing in the finals? Yeah, they gotta win the whole damn thing now. 

IF they give up a 3-1 lead, they'd possibly be the undisputed champ of chokers. 

Go Caps. 

The Good News: The Washington Capitals are ONE GAME AWAY from winning the Stanley Cup.

The Bad News: The Washington Capitals could blow a 3-1 series lead in the Stanley Cup final, which would be ranked as their biggest choke in franchise history, if, somehow, Vegas finds the way to come back from this.

15 minutes ago, insert name said:

Is this a good time to remind everyone that the Caps have blown 3-1 series leads in the past?

The expansion Vegas Golden Knights however are NOT those teams (quality Islander/Penguin/Ranger teams)

Archived