Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

So, does Parros' Magic 8 ball have a suspension coming for McNabb's crosscheck on Oshie?

Oh, and congratulations Reaves.  You've officially made Wilson look like a saint in comparison.  That's talent.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LMU said:

So, does Parros' Magic 8 ball have a suspension coming for McNabb's crosscheck on Oshie?

Oh, and congratulations Reaves.  You've officially made Wilson look like a saint in comparison.  That's talent.

The day that players like Reaves are no longer useful to anyone in the league and must ply their trades in less respectable leagues will be a great day. Take that :censored: to a minor league like the LNAH or KHL. I say that fully aware of the fact that my team gave two Stanley Cup rings to Daniel Carcillo. At least Carcillo is retired and doing something useful with his post-career life.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If the Capitals win game 5 they'll be in Las Vegas, Nevada. That's gonna be the craziest victory party in sports history. That's gonna make the Bruins bar tab in 2011 look like chump change. A player might die. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

If the Capitals win game 5 they'll be in Las Vegas, Nevada. That's gonna be the craziest victory party in sports history. That's gonna make the Bruins bar tab in 2011 look like chump change. A player might die. 

Hopefully without any riots

6 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Good point I didn't think of.

Jokes aside, hope everyone stays safe, if they win it.

The next two days are gonna be torture. Forget winning it at home - please just spare me the heart attack and get the job done Thursday. 

spacer.png

What I find interesting is watching Vegas all year long and their puck luck, and now seeing it has disappeared and they look lost. If anyone thinks Vegas is coming back, you forget how close they are to being swept. Game 1 was a wild affair that they were lucky to win. Vegas welcome to the NHL where the Hockey Gods are cruel and will make you suffer. Winning a Cup ain’t that easy. Sorry.

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I believe the Kings went immediately to Vegas after one of their Cups. Like, night of, they showered up and hopped on a charter jet.

But yeah, cutting out the plane flight makes this a whole different animal. Hell, Ovechkin would probably grab the Cup and run straight out of the arena onto the Strip.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

9 hours ago, McCarthy said:

One of my favorite things about the Cavs championship in 2016 remains how they flew from Oakland to Las Vegas to party, then on to Cleveland. I'm not sure how common this is, but I thought it was neat.

6fQjS3M.png

The clock is ready to strike twelve on this Cinderella story. The Knights had a few guaranteed goals ricochet away from the goal. It seems like the Knights have inherited Washington's bad luck with the net from years' past.

They looked frustrated and pretty much defeated at the tail end of the game; all those missed opportunities have just piled up; and it looks like it's finally breaking the camel's back.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

7 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I believe the Kings went immediately to Vegas after one of their Cups. Like, night of, they showered up and hopped on a charter jet.

But yeah, cutting out the plane flight makes this a whole different animal. Hell, Ovechkin would probably grab the Cup and run straight out of the arena onto the Strip.

3 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

One of my favorite things about the Cavs championship in 2016 remains how they flew from Oakland to Las Vegas to party, then on to Cleveland. I'm not sure how common this is, but I thought it was neat.

IDK why, but the Cavs doing this is way cooler than the Kings doing this. Probably because I'm picturing it as Jeff Carter's idea so he could snort a mountain.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm not going to count out Vegas just yet. They have some of that Pittsburgh troll DNA and I could see them winning 3 straight, which would fulfill the most Capsy possible choking narrative as well, but things are looking really good for the Capitals. I think they're actually going to do it. For hockey reasons - the Knights feasted on a high shooting percentage all season and then a high shooting percentage with a hot Fluery in the playoffs, but he's cooled off, which exposes their weaknesses on defense, probably the worst defensive group the Capitals have seen in the playoffs (though there's an argument to be made about Pittsburgh's D). They got no puck-luck the last two games and the Caps first line has shut down the Karlsson, JAM, Neal* line. Do that one more time and they get to lift the Stanley Cup, which is a really weird sentence to type. They held off that early wave from Vegas and after that it was all their game. For non hockey reasons this is the first time VGK has experienced hockey-adversity in, well, ever, so it'll be interesting to see how they respond. Their response to losing 2 straight games for the first time in the playoffs was to come out and carry the play for the first ten minutes, but you could tell they sort of deflated when Neal missed the wide open net. After that I don't want to say they gave in, but the Capitals just kind of overwhelmed them and I feel like they're more mentally prepared for the rollercoaster of the playoffs, both through what they went through in this year's playoffs, and through their past disappointments and experiences. It's almost like things were too easy for the Knights en-route to the finals and now they're not hardened enough and don't know how to handle it. This may sound silly, but I kind of think the Caps just want it more.

Also, :censored: me the Blue Jackets are about to lose to the eventual cup winners in the first round in back-to-back years. Of course. 

*That empty net is the second worst empty net miss I've ever seen. The worst being Patrik Stefan's actual empty net miss. He could've putted the puck into the net. He could've closed his eyes and made it 99 times out of 100. I've watched it 50 times and every time it feels physically impossible that the puck doesn't go in. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Hopefully without any riots

Washington DC hasn't had a major sports championship since the Redskins last Super Bowl win in the 1991 season. You already know it's going to happen.

Better question would be whether or not a championship loss riot breaks out in Vegas.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived