Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

36 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

DO THE HOCKEY THING TONIGHT CAPS

“As they say in hockey, let’s do that hockey.”

My official prediction: the GWG tonight is scored by a bottom six forward. 

spacer.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The playoffs have been fun this year. I would like the series to go on a bit longer (mostly to see the NHL outlast the NBA Finals) but if it does end tonight, I expect a damn good one. 

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Oh yeah. I’ve had to do it a few times this postseason and I love skipping through stoppages and intermissions. 

But the live-posting rants will be sorely missed (by me, I’m sure you lot are celebrating ?). 

'mate, your team beat mine while going scoreless for the last 159 minutes of the series. I'm still salty AF about that, to be honest.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Why?... because you hate the city of Las Vegas? Too bad. You're missing some good hockey.

I mean admiral’s reservations about Vegas aren’t incorrect. It’s a legitimate take. 

I’m watching because I want to see them go down. And after Nashville’s embarrassing display after losing at home last season? I’m curious to see what happens if the Caps end up winning it in Vegas. 

15 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Caps player pushed Perron into the crease and caused the collision with Holtby

NHL refs are pretty bad about calling such a play interference anyways, but fair enough

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I mean admiral’s reservations about Vegas aren’t incorrect. It’s a legitimate take. 

I’m watching because I want to see them go down. And after Nashville’s embarrassing display after losing at home last season? I’m curious to see what happens if the Caps end up winning it in Vegas. 

Regardless how you feel about Las Vegas (I think admiral referred to the city as "the genital wart of america")... since the name reveal fiasco, the franchise, the players, have been nothing but class...and have played a pretty entertaining brand of hockey. So far, the team has been a huge success. If you're expecting a train wreck if the Caps win, I think you'll be disappointed.

11 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

a pretty entertaining brand of hockey.

"run run run run idk do stuff" isn't that entertaining

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived