Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets' mascot should be a walrus named Pinniped Jets.

Oh and I think the Ducks will win two in San Jose and reset the series because I called this one being a slog and I won't! back! down!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The Bruins are literally trying to win with ONE line.

Who needs depth?

I don't think "trying to win" is a good phrase to use. The Leafs just don't have an answer (yet) for Pastrnak. The other lines are doing a good job generating offense and grinding down the Leafs top lines. It's just been the Bergeron/Marchand/Pastrnak line that has been putting the puck in the net.

Ironically enough, the Bruins might be one of the teams with the deepest rosters in the playoffs.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Although yes, the Bruins top line has the Herculean tally of 20 points in two games so far, and Pastrnak has 9 by himself the Bruins all year have been a four line team, and don't get enough credit for that purely because the Bergeron line captures all the attention. The 2nd line is an engine in their own right with Krejci centering rookie phenom Jake Debrusk and hired hitman Rick Nash, earlier in the year the 3rd line was the line of note with utter juggernaut Riley Nash centering pre-surgery David Backes and pre-rookie wall Danton Heinen, and the 4th Line aka Worker B line aka B-52 line aka Baby Boomers line was another big story and a clutch sparkplug all year long. Not to mention young D-men Krug and ROTY candidate McAvoy who scored 91, count 'em 91 points between them alone. 

One line team? Not quite.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

14 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Although yes, the Bruins top line has the Herculean tally of 20 points in two games so far, and Pastrnak has 9 by himself the Bruins all year have been a four line team, and don't get enough credit for that purely because the Bergeron line captures all the attention. The 2nd line is an engine in their own right with Krejci centering rookie phenom Jake Debrusk and hired hitman Rick Nash, earlier in the year the 3rd line was the line of note with utter juggernaut Riley Nash centering pre-surgery David Backes and pre-rookie wall Danton Heinen, and the 4th Line aka Worker B line aka B-52 line aka Baby Boomers line was another big story and a clutch sparkplug all year long. Not to mention young D-men Krug and ROTY candidate McCoy who scored 91, count 'em 91 points between them alone. 

One line team? Not quite.

Here, I made your prose purple.

If the Wild lose tonight, the series is over... No question. It'll be a sweep for the Jets. However I think that it'll end up being the Jets in 7, with the Wild somehow giving a false hope that they can actually win this series. The Wild have the talent to go toe to toe with anyone, but they never seem to show up to the game 100%. You think that would change for something like the playoffs, but nope... :rolleyes:

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I could find myself rooting hard for Winnipeg a little further down the stretch, there's something very endearing about them. Plus it would put the good people of Winnipeg on the map, literally.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

8 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

What does a polar bear have to do with the Leafs? I get the rest, I just didn't know if there's a Toronto-polar bear connection I'm not familiar with. Like the Seattle Mariners and a moose.

The Leafs' mascot is a polar bear named Carlton.

cae91eab4844649eb32f821113f4dd1e--toront

Also, as awesome as the cartoon is, does it bother anyone else that the characters aren't lined up properly? They should be standing next to their opponents.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

30 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

Also, as awesome as the cartoon is, does it bother anyone else that the characters aren't lined up properly? They should be standing next to their opponents.

By the looks of the caption this was posted when all the teams had clinched a playoff spot, but before they knew who their opponents were.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

3 hours ago, Bruins said:

the 4th Line aka Worker B line aka B-52 line aka Baby Boomers line

I've never heard any of those nicknames. The only good nickname line the Bruins had recently was the Merlot Line. Never before, never again.

what the hell is ccslc?

28 minutes ago, Brass said:

I've never heard any of those nicknames. The only good nickname line the Bruins had recently was the Merlot Line. Never before, never again.

Yeah, during a particularly good stretch of their season NESN ran a poll with those names taken from twitter murmurings etc, but none ever really stuck and yeah, I guess that's probably a good thing. Although someone really needs to work up a name for the 63-37-88 line, they've become worthy imo.

Also why is the Avs yeti the only one still wearing a reebok jersey?

Lz5f6vZ.png

4 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Although someone really needs to work up a name for the 63-37-88 line, they've become worthy imo.

No, thanks. Bergeron/Marchand/Pastrnak works fine. No need to throw useless gimmicks on this team.

what the hell is ccslc?

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Wild have the talent to go toe to toe with anyone

No they don't, they're rounding out their roster with bums like Nick Seeler.

Archived