Rite of Spring 2018-“What happens in the playoffs stays in the playoffs”

ninersdd

Just now, Crabcake47 said:

Braden Holtby’s save in Game 2 is the biggest play in a non-clinching game in SCF history. 

People talk about defining moments in a Stanley Cup Final.

THAT was a defining moment for all-time.

And now we can say it- biggest DC sports moment since Riggins' 4th down SB run .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

I’m honestly at a loss for words. This is amazing. Not gonna lie, when Ovechkin got to hoist the Cup, I almost shed a tear. 

Enjoy it. The feeling may fade but it'll never truly go away.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Lifelong DC sports fan. Been a long time coming. The heartache from watching all those good Caps teams flame out in the second round made this win even sweeter. Been smiling non-stop since the clock hit all zeroes. My jaw hurts but screw it. Let's go Caps!!!!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 minutes ago, insert name said:

Well that was a fun ride even if my Rangers didn’t make it this year. This was far more enjoyable to watch than whatever the NBA is up to. 

It actually wasn't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Washington DC

First in War.

First in Peace.

First in Hockey.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

14 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Cool, I can keep watching hockey. If I want to. Which I don’t. Because hockey is stupid. 

Youre right. It is stupid. But one day, one freaking day, for us at least, it won’t be.

Thats what I tell myself at night. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

It's so weird not having a team I absolutely despise being the Stanley Cup Champions. It's been so long. It's almost like we all one won the cup tonight.

Congrats Caps!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Every single member of this team was doubted in some way, shape, or form. 

Ovechkin and Backstrom can’t win the big one. 

Wilson is a dirty player (well...). 

Kuznetsov is too inconsistent. 

Eller isnt good enough. 

Chandler Stephenson was passed on by all 31 teams (including Caps, placed him on waivers). 

Devante Smith-Pelly is a journeyman. 

Kempny isnt good enough. 

Orlov is too inconsistent. 

Djoos isn’t experienced enough. 

Orpik, stastically, was one of the worst defensemen in the NHL.

Holtby can’t win the big one. 

This team proved so many people wrong. I couldn’t be prouder of them. 

spacer.png

Just now, Around the Horn said:

Nah it's gotta be another team who's uniforms are controversial on this board...

Brewers!

(Ball in Glove for LIFE)

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Just now, Around the Horn said:

Nah it's gotta be another team who's uniforms are controversial on this board...

But the Redskins don't play baseball.

6uXNWAo.png

There are a lot of people to thank for this Cup. Ovi, Kuznetsov (probably should have won the Conn Smythe), Holtby, Eller, Oshie, Trotz, etc etc etc. 

But how bout a word for Brian MacLellan? Remember, this is a franchise that once traded Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat and Michael Latta. But nearly every acquisition he made this season worked to perfection. 

Devante Smith-Pelly scored seven playoff goals. 

Michal Kempny was acquired for a third round pick. Played on the top 4 all season, massive part of this run. 

Alex Chiasson came up big in spots, scored against Pittsburgh in Game 6. 

They reclaimed Nathan Walker off waivers, he assists against Pittsburgh in Game 6. 

They realized their mistake with Chandler Stephenson, picked him back up, and he becomes an integral part of the fourth line. 

How bout that for a season from a GM. 

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

Good riddance to this farce of a season. I look forward to the Knights becoming a middling team because of cap problems (no pun intended) and all of the fans losing interest when the Raiders come to town. Let us never speak of the Knights as a Cup contender ever again.

Heh.  Are you from Quebec City, or just a fun guy to have at parties?

8 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

The Padres?!  That's a taaaaall order.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived