Adidas NFL Series / In (Short) Hiatus

hendocfc

So... a general consensus I've reached from reading these boards is that Nike keeps butchering NFL uniforms. And while it's not going to change anytime soon... I thought why not,in a parallel universe,pretend adidas took over in the NFL after losing the NBA? Well,this series will show exactly that.

The sets will use two variations of the adidas Primeknit A1 template,streamlined for the NFL; one with a thin V-neck and one with a normal sized one.

Helmet lifted off the Vapor Untouchable template by @aawagner011,so credit where it's due.

SPOILER ALERT!

XArvSUy.png

FiYhCq5.png

The only adidas branding visible will be a small 3 stripe sign off on the back neck,that will blend in the uniform design so as not to be obtrusive (I'm talking about you,RED Titans swooshes!)

Every team is going to have 4 sets:

Primary:

The traditional,coloured primary uniform. Can be any colour other than white.

Secondary:

The usual white uniform,with accenting in the team colours. However,these will not be exclusively white; depending on the team,it will be one of three options:

- White: Well,white.

- Crystal White: The lightest silver adidas offer,sort of a "dirty" white.

- Cream White: A "vintage white" hue

Franchise:

The usual alternate uniform. This will provide as a canvas for fauxbacks/throwbacks for teams that traditionally don't have alternates. (EVEN YOU,RAIDERS!)

Night Lights:

A neon,"hypercharged" version of the primary scheme. These are meant to stand out in the floodlit night games (insert more adidaspeak here)

The numbers on the jerseys are picked as such: I take the initials of the full team names and convert them to digits (using their alphabetical order) : Thus, Arizona Cardinals ---> 1 3 ---> 13

If any of the letters have two digits (like R ---> 18) I add the resulting digits up. Thus,Baltimore Ravens ---> 2 18 --> 20. 

So... let's start immediately with the Arizona Cardinals. One of these teams that had a perfectly acceptable look,until Reebok decided that they had a fever... and the only prescription was more piping. MOAR! GIVE ME MOAR PIPING! So yeah,the two main uniforms are basically a clean/modern version of what they had before Reebok did a Reebok. The "Franchise" uniform is blue as a homage to the Chicago Cardinals alternate uniforms during the 1940s and 1950s,while the Night Lights version is another fauxback,inspired by the 1930s uniforms,but in neon red and cream.

WATCH OUT! SPOILERS!

BKULwzF.png

rw8xwnN.png

z9pMFJj.png

ZkLeO3J.png

The teams will be in alphabetical order,going by the state/city. As previously mentioned,every team (no exceptions,INDIANAPOLIS!) will have 4 uniforms.

1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Intentionally. The left shoulder on the front continues to the right one on the back. You mean that,right?

No, I don't. The numbers need to be rotated. Not flipped.

EDIT: The post above shows the correct orientation.

tk0SRtN.png

8prlQWA.png

2 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

Take a look at how HTown made his shoulder/ TV numbers. They are not simply flipped from one side to the next, but rotated 180 degrees, IIRC.

o0vAoWf.png

Smh @ me next time :P

Also, mr hendocfc, I know you were going for this but the home and blue alt look way too simple IMO. They remind me of the Giants home unis, something I wish had some, ANY character to it. Be lazy if you want and just put the flag of Arizona on it, but don’t let it go without any design detail. Just my 2 cents, excited to see where this goes

The primary set is intentionaly plain,actually,as it was like that throughout their history. You won't see many others that are that "plain". As for the blue alt... I simply went and,as @Htown1141 said,added a stripe with the top part of the Arizona flag on the jersey. It was originally meant to be black,but I then thought it was a little... how do you say it? Black For Black's Sake?

Anyway... here's the updated Cardinals. Falcons coming later today,got to fix those pesky TV numbers first!

E3t0lNv.png

OVhSPup.png

lwS9L2J.png

2bOKLZ6.png

Sorry for the double post,but nobody replied! A little bit of a bump,then,and here come the Falcons:

M6S5XDo.png

gdHlhJG.png

O6gPDgZ.png

1iBOFqU.png

The primary and secondary are just an "evolution" of their mid to late 1980s look. Made the jersey/pants stripes consistent and replaced the red helmet for the current black one. 

The "Franchise" uniform is their current throwback alternates,with silver trim/pants replacing the white.

The "Night Lights" uniform is in a coral red shade with gold trim instead of silver and black pants; aside from that,it's the same as the "Franchise" alt.

Kept their current font for all the jerseys,as I think it's the only good thing about their current look.

Archived