The 2018 NHL Silly Season: Dilly Dilly

buzzcut

1 hour ago, MiK said:

Liz : You could've burned the place down.

Dennis : I wish I had burned the place down. There's no reason to live anymore.

Liz : What happened?

Dennis : The Islanders lost tonight.

Liz : Doesn't that happen a lot?

Dennis : I knew you wouldn't understand.

That's it. Think it got taken down for copyright or something.

On 4/9/2018 at 3:01 AM, tp49 said:

So the Rangers canned Vigneault right after their final game.

The Islanders should have canned Snow and Weight immediately after Saturday's game but will probably keep them on in perpetuity while John Tavares most likely heads to greener pastures as a UFA.  But they have Josh Bailey for the next six-years.  FML as an Islander fan.

Gotta love being an Isles fan. And with regards to the Tavares situation...

vgyphyu1wel01.png

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Cosmic said:

25 years (and one day) ago...

If it wasn't on tape, I'm not sure I would believe Brad May did that to Ray freakin' Bourque.

And then 14 years later.

brad-may-anaheim-ducks.jpg

He did play 18 seasons, but the Mayday goal and the Ducks Stanley Cup still seem like ages apart in terms of a single players career. Like I wouldn't think anybody who deked out Ray Bourque to score a goal in 1993 would win a Stanley Cup as a player in 2007.

IEI5Tg1.png

28 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

And then 14 years later.

brad-may-anaheim-ducks.jpg

He did play 18 seasons, but the Mayday goal and the Ducks Stanley Cup still seem like ages apart in terms of a single players career. Like I wouldn't think anybody who deked out Ray Bourque to score a goal in 1993 would win a Stanley Cup as a player in 2007.

Dominik Hasek was the starter for Buffalo there, and he won the Stanley Cup as a backup the year after May won. He was still starting that year, but was replaced by Chris Osgood in the playoffs.

Hurricanes move from 11th to 1st-3rd in the draft lottery, timely little bit of assistance for a team that's been celebrating its new ownership by pissing all over itself.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Buffalo finally catches a break. Should've had McDavid, now they'll get Dahlin who they probably need more than anyone else. Their blue line is troublesome and without much help coming in the pipeline. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 5/2/2018 at 12:19 AM, the admiral said:

Lou Lamoriello departs the Maple Leafs, so they're down to a mere eight GMs now.

Well sorta, Lou's staying in the organization in a new title right?

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, RyanMcD29 said:

The Islanders... might have done a good thing that actually went through for a change?

Now we just have to hope he sticks around longer than 40 days like the last time we had a real NHL general manager.

21 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

HERE COMES BIG FREE AGENT SIGNING JON SIM, BABY, or whatever Sim-to-Smyth/Tavares comparison we can come up with

Ryan Reeves come on down!

Archived