MLB Concept Rebranding: Nike Edition

zussmandesigns

Hello everyone! As from my last topic, I didn't redesign that well and I wasn't being bold, so this thread will be. I will be "restarting" my old MLB topic from a year ago! This time, I will be doing the jerseys sponsered by Under Armour. Some logos will change and the colors may change. I know there is a lot of MLB threads out there, and I want to put my input on what I think they should do when the league switches to Under Armour. Each team will have a home uniform, road uniform, a home and road alt uniform, and a throwback uniform. C&C is very appriciated, as it helps me become a better designer. I hope you enjoy!

I am starting with the Baltimore Orioles, then moving on with the American League then the National League.

AL: Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians V2, Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros V2, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles AngelsMinnesota Twins V2, New York Yankees, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners, Tampa Bay Stingrays, Texas RangersToronto Blue Jays

NL: Arizona Diamondbacks, Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati Reds, Colorado Rockies V2, Los Angeles Dodgers, Miami Marlins, Milwaukee Brewers, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals, Washington Nationals

BALTIMORE

I like the cartoon Oriole, and made that the primary logo. For the secondary, I made it the maryland flag logo with Baltimore surronding it. No changes really for the Orioles.

DL6Uf2w.jpg

Home Uniform: I added piping to the home uniform, and removed the white and black hat. I never really liked the 2 tone hat for Baltimore, so I made the hat Orange. I think that is an underused color for the Orioles.

TQ9DbZb.jpg

Road Uniform: Same as the home uniform, with the 2 color piping and kept the orange hat.

C606Xst.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I still added the piping, and made the hat black, with the socks being black.

JrOVdMt.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: I changed the wordmark for the black uni, making it "Baltimore" instead of it saying "Orioles". I kept the hat orange also.

tOMzljx.jpg

Throwback Uniform: The Throwback unifrom is from the 1980 season, with the old Orioles script and the white hat.

6PLTKr6.jpg

Marlin.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, marlins2017 said:

Hello everyone! As from my last topic, I didn't redesign that well and I wasn't being bold, so this thread will be. I will be "restarting" my old MLB topic from a year ago! This time, I will be doing the jerseys sponsered by Under Armour. Some logos will change and the colors may change. I know there is a lot of MLB threads out there, and I want to put my input on what I think they should do when the league switches to Under Armour. Each team will have a home uniform, road uniform, a home and road alt uniform, and a throwback uniform. C&C is very appriciated, as it helps me become a better designer. I hope you enjoy!

I am starting with the Baltimore Orioles, then moving on with the American League then the National League.

AL: Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Angels, Minnesota Twins, New York Yankees, Oakland A's, Seattle Mariners, Tampa Bay Stingrays, Texas Rangers, Toronto Blue Jays

NL: Arizona Diamondbacks, Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati Reds, Colorado Rockies, Los Angeles Dodgers, Miami Marlins, Milwaukee Brewers, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals, Washington Nationals

BALTIMORE

I like the cartoon Oriole, and made that the primary logo. For the secondary, I made it the maryland flag logo with Baltimore surronding it. No changes really for the Orioles.

DL6Uf2w.jpg

Home Uniform: I added piping to the home uniform, and removed the white and black hat. I never really liked the 2 tone hat for Baltimore, so I made the hat Orange. I think that is an underused color for the Orioles.

9jbYXEi.jpg

Road Uniform: Same as the home uniform, with the 2 color piping and kept the orange hat.

b0rt5Q9.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I still added the piping, and made the hat black, with the socks being black.

xzaTkAU.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: I changed the wordmark for the black uni, making it "Baltimore" instead of it saying "Orioles". I kept the hat orange also.

PMygTS3.jpg

Throwback Uniform: The Throwback unifrom is from the 1980 season, with the old Orioles script and the white hat.

gDeau8x.jpg

Awesome work! I like that the throwback is a pullover. Can't wait for more

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

This should be fun! The league switching will be interesting, and I am glad to see an MLB series that is influenced by the switch next year. Looking forward to it,

No complaining so far for the O’s. I like how you made them an orange-first team. Really nice work. Definitely a fan of the throwback. 

Thanks @Cardsblues02 for the feedback!

BOSTON: I would put the Red Sox under the "historic" catagory, so no changes at all for the team branding.

IDO8BJj.jpg

Home Uniform: Boston's home uniform is classy, so all I changed is the blue piping on the jersey.

RfnLqu1.jpg

Road Uniform: I changed the wordmark to Red Sox, instead of Boston. I added a red hat, I think the Red Sox needs a red hat.

Ti2iP4d.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I added blue piping to the red uniform, otherwise no other change to the alt.YAWM8QV.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: Changed the script to Red Sox, added the red hat to balance the blue with the red.

QOxTldx.jpg

Throwback: It was hard to make a throwback for Boston, but I came up with the home uniform from the 1950 season.

mAHDeiC.jpg

Marlin.png

35 minutes ago, marlins2017 said:

Thanks @Cardsblues02 for the feedback!

BOSTON: I would put the Red Sox under the "historic" catagory, so no changes at all for the team branding.

IDO8BJj.jpg

Home Uniform: Boston's home uniform is classy, so all I changed is the blue piping on the jersey.

DCnGcDM.jpg

Road Uniform: I changed the wordmark to Red Sox, instead of Boston. I added a red hat, I think the Red Sox needs a red hat.

qGC9ij9.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I added blue piping to the red uniform, otherwise no other change to the alt.

uKCx2P8.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: Changed the script to Red Sox, added the red hat to balance the blue with the red.

yoNEKDu.jpg

Throwback: It was hard to make a throwback for Boston, but I came up with the home uniform from the 1950 season.

yNmp0ag.jpg

canada.png

CHICAGO W: No change for the White Sox team branding, the look works well for the organization.

PGchW9D.jpg

Home Uniform: Major changes to the home uniform. I lost the pinstripes, and added the cursive Chicago font. 

KwaLB9t.jpg

Road Uniform: For the road uniform, there is really no change.

AT9JSzE.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I toke the actually home alt and switched the colors to the offical team colors, which IMO looks way better.

jcFQEWt.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: I kept the black uniform for road games only, but added a gray hat to balance the grey and the black out.

BFkBFLY.jpg

Throwback: I took the 1950 home uniform that the White Sox wore, and made that the offical throwback.

A031sbk.jpg

Marlin.png

CLEVELAND: This will be the first team that changes the branding on the thread. adding an indian feather to the block C logo.

e0gorWC.jpg

Home Uniform: 

Not much change, but adding all of the new logos to the jersey.

aWuAY6K.jpg

Road Uniform: 

Same as current road, with new logos added.

AWpAvx5.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: I feel like Cleveland needs a red uniform, which they have not used in a while.

DT3IsIp.jpg

Road Alt Uniform:

For the road navy uniform, i added the red lines on the side, instead of white.

YOMlpTI.jpg

Throwback: 

I brought back the ALL RED jerseys that Cleveland used to wear in the 1975 season.

oczHvK6.jpg

Marlin.png

7 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

The detailed, rendered feather with multiple colors doesn't mesh well with the monochrome block C. It looks too much like it was just appended to the top corner and isn't very coherent.

I undestand what you are saying, I will try to make the monochrome C a little more complex.

Marlin.png

I like where you’re going with Cleveland, it’s a direction that I could realistically see them moving in, but to be quite honest, the feather doesn’t work with me. It sort of feels like it’s just “there” if you get what I’m saying. It doesn’t “mesh” or “flow” with the block-C or the word marks. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a great start and a solid set as-is, but making the feather flow better would make this nearly perfect 

I don’t think it solves the es problem problem  last logo, there’s such a stark difference between the C and the Feather ya as if it’s not supposed to be there, try matching the styles of both the c and the feather to create a cleaner look

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

As I try to still figure out what to do with Cleveland, I will show the Detroit Tigers!

Detroit: Not much change in the branding part, as I wanted then to have a tiger logoas a secondary logo.

b9DmUSm.jpg

Home Uniform: I added the Tigers wordmark logo to the front, and the secondary logos in the side. Orange Bill on the hat.

FTuDxSK.jpg

Road Uniform: No really change for the Road uniform, there isnt much I could do.

G3iATA8.jpg

Home Uniform Alt: I feel like Detroit needs to use more orange in their set, so I made the home uniform orange with the secondary D logo on the front.

v2f1TSY.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: Same as the home alt uniform, but it is navy blue and I added a orange hat.

0zHD2P4.jpg

Throwback: The throwback is from the 1945 season.

58XSY8D.jpg

Marlin.png

Archived