MLB Concept Rebranding: Nike Edition

zussmandesigns

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BAL- love the excessive amount of orange. The throw back is awesome!

BOS- clean and simple, but I think the should always where the red hat.

CHI- love the this set, by far my favorite. The home alt is stunning!

CLE- I like where you're headed with the logo, but they do feel like two separate things put together and not cohesive. All red throw back is awesome.

DET- I like the addition of Orange through out, but I hate the orange hats should be only navy with a white or orange D. 

Really nice work overall though man!

ok i love what youve done for most of the teams. great stuff, especially detroit.

regarding cleveland- i think the feather you have drawn up is awesome. i really like it's modern feel. i think their C logo wont work well with it, no matter how much you try. Maybe try doing your own c and wordmark? i think you can use that feather you have to the full potential, because it is really a cool logo. I think youre close to nailing it, just try messing with a custom c and itll click in your mind at some point. Keep up the great work otherwise

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

New logo is definitely better. Idk much about logo design, but I feel like it's still a little to vertical and doesn't have enough "movement". The feathers seem to kinda flow and I think a shorter "curvier " C would help bled the two elements together. Again though Idk much about logo design so take my opinion with a grain of salt lol.

HOUSTON: I have decided to rebrand the  World Champs, which is most likely an unpopular desicion. I have brought back yellow and red, from the Nolan Ryan era. I changed the font for the Astros, and I made the star more multi-colored.

94TmWFz.jpg

Home Uniform: Inspired by the 1980 season, but I made the colors more different.

O2xRacQ.jpg

Road Uniform: Same as the home but with a different wordmark logo.

PD0rjmf.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: 

oLHU1yg.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: 

Zef0002.jpg

Throwback: I have always like the liked the red uniforms from the 2000's, so I made that my throwback uniform.

zTtbFNZ.jpg

Marlin.png

All of your concepts look good to me, except for Houston.  I totally get that the "tequila sunrise" pattern is probably one of their best looks, but i think having it on the sides like they do now looks best.  IMHO, it looks like a perfect concept for a Minor League team.  Every other team looks SOLID though.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

I love the that era Houston look, but these seem like they have a bit too much going on, maybe try reducing the striping to just the mid section, think Montreal Canadiens. I also think the top stripe on every jersey should be a different color than the numbers on the back. The numbers blend in too much right now. Love the pants stripe though

The main thing I am noticing is how awful the UA looks on front of the jersey.  I dread the day this happens.

I think one of the Houston jerseys could be an alt alongside the current set.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived