MLB Concept Rebranding: Nike Edition

zussmandesigns

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention Marlins: Fans want their orange and white marlins and they want it for good
teal as long marlins dont do stripe 
like to see white helmet with marlins old logo /with teal tail fin only in back rest in forn/old f moth an nose on front looking at you
no black or gray

ARIZONA: To start off the National League, I have made the D-Backs! I like the branding with the teal, but I was contemplating on the teal look or the purple look, but I chose teal.

EMR1fxw.jpg

Home Uniform: I made new designs on the sleeves for the D-Backs that I thought would be unique to them.

cv9no1e.jpg

Road Uniform:

AvN5kRa.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: 

xqUcLEL.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: 

mEUNE9m.jpg

Throwback: I took the black uniform from the 2000 season.

CBnwE9b.jpg

Marlin.png

On 6/12/2018 at 2:37 PM, marlins2017 said:

ARIZONA: To start off the National League, I have made the D-Backs! I like the branding with the teal, but I was contemplating on the teal look or the purple look, but I chose teal.

EMR1fxw.jpg

Home Uniform: I made new designs on the sleeves for the D-Backs that I thought would be unique to them.

cv9no1e.jpg

Road Uniform:

AvN5kRa.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: 

xqUcLEL.jpg

Road Alt Uniform: 

mEUNE9m.jpg

The alts are nice. I would switch the black letters to Sedona red in the home and away, and widen the teal outlines.

As far as the Rays, I don't see the point of doubling up on the ray of light.  As far as the Twins, I like red/navy/sky blue.  And I'd like to say something nice about any of the Indians' C-feathers, and I think you're in roughly the right neighborhood, but none of em are great IMO.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

ATLANTA: For the Braves, I attempted to mix past and present. I feel like the tomahawk represents them well, and it makes a difference from Cleveland. I brought back the sleeves, and I tried to go out of the box on the alts. I dont know if they work or not.

y15n7im.jpg

Home Uniform: 

VBPUq3H.jpg

Road Uniform:

LSnLiV2.jpg

Home Alt Uniform:

AR3tqwk.jpg

Road Alt Uniform:

Nj7pYfi.jpg

Throwback:

dcG0TBI.jpg

Marlin.png

I remember several years ago, I'd posted a Cardinals concept in a similar vein to the Braves alts.  It was poorly received, as I recall.

Maybe the landscape's changed enough in the last decade that these are better received.

2016cubscreamsig.png

So far the only one I didnt really like was Cleveland. Probably because they have the best sports logo of all time and we cant use it because its "offensive" lol. People continue to get softer and softer. Never liked Yankees either.

ANGELS: Id like to see you use some more gold on any one of those. Either way they look great.

FAV LOGOS: Mariners\Orioles

FAV COLOR SCHEME:GReen\Gold (A's)

FAV JERSEY: Devil Ray Throwback

LEAST FAV: Yanks, Cubs and Reds

COLORADO: I have completely redesigned the Rockies. I was never a fan of their current set, I think it is one of the worst in the league. So I tried to make the Rockies more modern and bolder than they are now with, IMO, is a great font for their organization. I put a sublimated mountain design below the wordmark and the numbers on the back.

RHqxpL3.jpg

Home Uniform: 

n0AtT6X.jpg

Road Uniform:

R8nTYji.jpg

Home Alt Uniform: 

Zy5bIAj.jpg

Road Alt Uniform:

OwRiDrO.jpg

Throwback:

rFDWYSw.jpg

Marlin.png

As far as the Rockies go, I'd have started off by deciding whether they're a purple team or a black team.  If you think they're the former, then the best route IMO is dumping black in favor of a more complementary color, whether it's using silver more heavily or going in a different direction.  If the latter, but you still want purple around, the purple has to be noticeably lighter.  I like where you're trying to go, and I think you can get there.  You just ain't there yet.

2016cubscreamsig.png

On 6/26/2018 at 6:17 PM, Discrimihater said:

As far as the Rockies go, I'd have started off by deciding whether they're a purple team or a black team.  If you think they're the former, then the best route IMO is dumping black in favor of a more complementary color, whether it's using silver more heavily or going in a different direction.  If the latter, but you still want purple around, the purple has to be noticeably lighter.  I like where you're trying to go, and I think you can get there.  You just ain't there yet.

So I tried to change the black with silver, dropping the black completely. IMO, black looks a little better but I still want to put out my silver version.

WRPOKFZ.jpg

W29cCqV.jpg

aS4HX59.jpg

jNkYX3C.jpg

RyGZj5l.jpg

Marlin.png

I like the idea of the mountains on the jerseys, and the color Change is good. But the mountains are still never shown anywhere else in the identity, and the Black ones shown on the last two alternates are barely visabke, I suggest changing them to grey or a lighter purple and to make them the same mountain design in the logo. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived