Color Rush Thursday is dead

DeFrank

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad it's not mandatory any more, but there are some elements of the Color Rush I'd like to see stick around as alts, but they shouldn't have to wear them together. Here are the ones that need to go entirely:

Patriots white pants

Bengals white jersey and white pants

Raiders white pants

Eagles black pants (bring back the silver!)

Cowboys white pants

Packers white pants

Saints white pants

Cardinals black jersey

49ers black jersey and black pants

2 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

Glad it's not mandatory any more, but there are some elements of the Color Rush I'd like to see stick around as alts, but they shouldn't have to wear them together. Here are the ones that need to go entirely:

Patriots white pants

Bengals white jersey and white pants

Raiders white pants

Eagles black pants (bring back the silver!)

Cowboys white pants

Packers white pants

Saints white pants

Cardinals black jersey

49ers black jersey and black pants

Completely disagree. The Saints' white pants are leaps and bounds better than the black leotard pants they wear much too often.

gYH2mW9.png

There are some great ideas related to Color Rush, but they are negated by the insistence of using one color from the shoulders down. If teams weren’t required to wear same color pants, socks, and shoes, the project would be much better. There are some great options out there that would be much improved with a more traditional color combination. I’m curious to see if they’re relaxing the Color Rush rules a bit so that we can see Color Rush components mixed in with normal jerseys and pants. I know we saw it with the Cowboys wearing navy jerseys and white Color Rush pants. For some teams, it would not be possible (such as the Broncos, classic jersey, modern pants). But teams like the Falcons could do wonders if they were able to pair the Color Rush jersey with the throwback pants and socks.

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think the one-helmet rule is still firmly in place for 2018.

Thank God.  The one-helmet rule is a gift to everyone that wants the NFL to avoid the horrific state of college football. 

10 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Patriots, Chargers, Broncos, Rams, Giants, and Ravens all have alternates that look better than their primary home/away jerseys. 

Well, if that's true (and obviously those teams don't think so... for that matter, neither do I) then they need to just switch. 

If your primary uniform isn't your best look, then it shouldn't be your primary.

11 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

If a team plays at least 20 games a year, do we really want them wearing the same thing every week? Is it that bad to give us throwbacks or color rush for two games? Do you think Nike and the NFL would rather sell 2 jerseys for each team or 4? I think it's the best way to appease everyone. 

It depends what you see as the goal of an NFL football business. If the goal is to strengthen your own brand and build a solid aesthetic foundation that has the potential to grow and evolve, then yes, you may want to consider wearing the same uniforms every week, more or less (or find an innovative position for not doing so, like Oregon did a decade ago). If the goal is simply to sell merchandise (or help the official league outfitters sell merchandise), then wearing several uniforms is probably the way to go, at least until you figure out that your business has no identity and you inevitably revert to the first approach. :lol:

You’d be amazed what can be accomplished with one home, one road, and one fun alternate (to be worn for no more than 10% of your games).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I thought of something I'm grateful for: for years, I thought it would be a good idea for the Packers to have white alternate pants to wear on the road against teams that wear yellow pants at home: Steelers, Redskins, the Los Angeles Rams in a perfect world. That way, there's not too much yellow on the field. Well, I got to see white jerseys and white pants on the Packers (although with white socks when I just wanted green), and, well, doesn't work. They don't look like the Packers that way. That should never be a problem the Packers have. Gotta be yellow pants all the time. Make the Redskins wear white at home.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 4/10/2018 at 6:00 PM, BigDmo said:

Time for Throwback Thursday's!

Unless the NFL decides to save that idea promotion for their 100th anniversary next season. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 4/10/2018 at 4:28 PM, kimball said:

I'm not sure those are going anywhere? Especially considering they came out the year before the Color Rush jerseys. 

Technically, they came out about ten weeks before Color Rush Thursdays made it's debut. But I will concede the point...

22 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Completely disagree. The Saints' white pants are leaps and bounds better than the black leotard pants they wear much too often.

I agree. I also liked the Saints white CR jerseys (and the other black throwback jerseys) better than either of their standard jerseys. And the Saints' CR numbers were great. I'd prefer they adopted those jerseys and use the gold pants they've worn with throwbacks in the past.

4 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

They should allow for two minimum. Either for an alt or a throwback. 

Nope.

Even before the fig-leaf "Safety!" one-helmet rule, the NFL was smart enough to ban alternate helmets.  Bad enough they're diluting teams' looks with any number of alternate mix-and-match pants, alternate helmets would be awful.

Football helmets and baseball caps are almost primary logos unto themselves. (Yeah and the Browns' is yeah I know.) No one should have more than one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If anyone had half a brain between nike and the owners, they would just eliminate the monochrome rule and allow a new uni mashup every year if a team chose. The broncos and chargers  were excellent interpretations of how you can incorporate old and new designs.  I remember back in the early 00's nike did a line of alt throwback nba swingman jerseys in current team colors which were really cool. That seems like it would be a great uniform program for the shield but whatever.

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Nope.

Even before the fig-leaf "Safety!" one-helmet rule, the NFL was smart enough to ban alternate helmets.  Bad enough they're diluting teams' looks with any number of alternate mix-and-match pants, alternate helmets would be awful.

I’d allow a non-throwback alternate helmet, but only for preseason games so no one would see it. :lol:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived