NHL Comic Sans Series (Update 5/4)

Bpoe96

I'm sure most of you are aware of the reputation that Comic Sans has in the design community, but for those who are unaware, it's regarded as one of the worst, most amateur fonts you can use. I'm sure less of you are aware of its usage in memes and s**tposting, often being used ironically to create humor by intentionally using it to mock it. With my combined interest in both of those, I one day had the bright idea of redesigning NHL logos that make use of text or a letterform, but use Comic Sans.

Let's start out with a bang.

rwAc24V.png

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruins did your job for you with their 2010/11 Winter Classic jersey logo. ;) Down the road in this series, these would be awesome to make anti-fan merch, like this on the horrible barber pole Habs jersey, some lame name pun on the back e.g. "Droulin", every number's 69 etc. Just a thought.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

10 hours ago, Section30 said:

It'll be interesting to see what you do for teams without letters in their logo

12 hours ago, Morgo said:

I almost spit out my drink when I saw that logo :lol:.  I hope you are planning on doing all 31 teams. 

14 hours ago, TheCanadianGuy78 said:

Hahahahahaha! This is hilarious! What will you do for teams like Chicago

Well like I said in the first post, I can really only redesign teams whose logo makes use of text or a letterform, but fortunately every team has at some point or another in their history used some sort of letter-based logo, so while I won't be doing every teams primary logo, every team will still be involved in some way. The only team I have to reach for a bit is Carolina, where I'll need to use their not often seen (and possibly obsolete) wordmark

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Let's move on with the next installment in the series by ruining enriching yet another classic look.

Zn8wGRm.png

Guest darkpiranha

This series is <chef's kiss> perfection.  BUT... the actual logo of the Maple Leafs is still too well-designed.  If the Comic Sans guy was also designing the logo, wouldn't that also have to be an equally lame execution?  Yes, I realize I'm demanding far more work that I don't have to do, but I'm expecting greatness with this thread.   Chop chop!

3 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

This series is <chef's kiss> perfection.  BUT... the actual logo of the Maple Leafs is still too well-designed.  If the Comic Sans guy was also designing the logo, wouldn't that also have to be an equally lame execution?  Yes, I realize I'm demanding far more work that I don't have to do, but I'm expecting greatness with this thread.   Chop chop!

I agree with this.  It currently doesn't look too different than their normal logo, while the Canadians logo is purely hilarious and perfect.

6 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Understandable. However, my main idea with this series was just to replace textual elements with comic sans, so re-doing the entire logo in cases where the entire logo isn't text somewhat defeats the purpose if you ask me.

However, I do still like that idea and am very open to doing this after the semester ends and I have some more time to myself. As of now this is just something fun and quick I can do during my breaks or during class when I'm bored, as I admit it involves little thought and creativity and not much of a requirement for neatness either.

As a quick little bonus for you guys since it's not much different, here's Toronto's old logo.

ClvHw8D.png

Archived