New Packers Alternate?

rcool21

Apologize if this has already been posted but was watching NFL network and this was one of the topics.  Davante Adams posted this pic on IG yesterday.  With the 100 year anny being this year, is this potentially a new jersey?  They mentioned it's been decades since they've gone gold on gold on gold.  Mods, if this is posted somewhere else, you can lock it up.

LLgzY1F.jpg

Aren’t alternates subject to the same 5-year rule as the rest of a uniform? That’s why the Steelers couldn’t switch from the bumblebees until now, and the Pack just got a new alt a year ago. I wonder if Nike is jumping into the wild fashion jersey craze that was a thing years ago.

Looks like it is still possible to go out and buy fashion jerseys like that. https://www.wearlocker.com/davante-adams-green-bay-packers-mens-legend-jersey---yellow-87094.html

The sleeves are obviously not for player use, they arent fitted or elastic bands for shoulder pads. Also, it looks way too wide to be anything legit for on field use. I would imagine if they were showing the players new uniforms theyd give them on field versions not fashion jerseys. Could they be based on a future alt, sure, but im not convinced yet.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

32 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No, it isn't.

5 year rule, as noted above, means we won't be changing from the yellow shouldered alternate for at least 4 more years.

Does the 5-year apply to alts too? I just thought it was only for the standard home and road sets. 

Go A's!

1 minute ago, phutmasterflex said:

Does the 5-year apply to alts too? I just thought it was only for the standard home and road sets. 

Nope alts too. Steelers kept their bumblebees for five years, and the Packers kept their blue/brown for five years.

I don't see Nike swooshes on the sleeves, so I'm not sure these Packers jerseys are legit.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Since they just wore white in the past, I could easily see Nike & the NFL shoehorning this uni in & classifying it as a "previously unused" Color Rush jersey. @Gothamite noted in another thread that the Packers pro Shop has lots of exclusive fan items, possibly including this jersey... I can't find a single non-counterfeit yellow jersey online anywhere, even on eBay. I would think at least one would end up resold online at some point.

2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

@Gothamite noted in another thread that the Packers pro Shop has lots of exclusive fan items, possibly including this jersey... I can't find a single non-counterfeit yellow jersey online anywhere, even on eBay. I would think at least one would end up resold online at some point.

I know that they sold gold jerseys at Lambeau Field during the Reebok days, and few of those seemed to end up on the secondary market. 

I don't know for a fact that they've had them since NIke took over.  But even if they haven't. maybe this is indicating that they will now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 9:10 PM, rcool21 said:

Apologize if this has already been posted but was watching NFL network and this was one of the topics.  Davante Adams posted this pic on IG yesterday.  With the 100 year anny being this year, is this potentially a new jersey?  They mentioned it's been decades since they've gone gold on gold on gold.  Mods, if this is posted somewhere else, you can lock it up.

LLgzY1F.jpg

That's not even a new jersey, I've had the Favre version of that for years. I play football in it. It's like when we had a "just to sell" Black jersey w/ Green #s in the 90s

I'll believe it when I actually hear the team announce it.  Gold jerseys are fine as fan gear.  But the only way the team could actually pull them off is with green pants.  

But frankly, I'm fine with leaving that look for North Dakota State.
hi-res-18b903f2819c1cc2126b5cbd1a03860e_

On 4/25/2018 at 8:53 PM, AstroBull21 said:

The mesh on that yellow alt above reminds me alot of the Reebok mesh pattern...might just be an old item re purposed with current players.

Green Bay still uses the same template from when they were with Reebok. 

Archived