Philadelphia 76ers reveal new logo for upcoming playoff run

Philadelphia 76ers reveal new logo for upcoming playoff run

April 11, 2018 - 19:25 PM

For the first time since 2012 and after what’s been considered a painful period of going through The Process, the Philadelphia 76ers will be returning to the NBA playoffs. They’ll also be entering the postseason as one of the hottest […]

Read More...

I'm guessing it's in five segments for five players? The segmented snake used to represent different colonies, but that's not really applicable here.

I'm just kinda shocked that ^^^^ will be the center court logo for the playoffs.

bostongazette1754.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

42 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

What in the everlasting gobstopping **** is this?

Someone get the folks in Chester on the phone and tell the Union that the Sixers are hijacking their logo in a really, really weird way.

Gadsden-Flag.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Ha - the bot beat me.  Bot 1, BBTV 0.

They do have a recent history of ripping off other logos, so it's not a crazy thought that they were more than a little inspired.

Regardless - I like it.  I bet they'll wear their city-edition uniforms at home, at least up until game 3 of the finals.  The rest of their playoff branding is based around it.

2018-playoff-banner-v3.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Philadelphia (independent) basketball playoff shirt:

Capto_Capture-2018-04-11_03-15-01_PM.png

(possibly done by Conrad - not sure.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

Yeah, I know.

But tell me that if the Philadelphia Union don't exist, the 76ers come up with this idea on their own.  I dare ya.

Revolutionary war imagery, including the "Unite" and Gadsden flags, is all over the City here, so yes, probably.  

9 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Revolutionary war imagery, including the "Unite" and Gadsden flags, is all over the City here, so yes, probably.  

where?

I don't hate the concept of the logo, but the snake feels tacked on... like it doesn't belong there. And why is the snake not wrapped around the entire logo (like the blue outline)? It just looks too weird.

Archived