2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On

buzzcut

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Pretty sure Lebron James is just gonna sign the same style deal with Cleveland that KD just did with the Warriors and we’re gonna go through this all again next night year. Honestly at this point I don’t see anything that makes more sense than that. None of these options are all that good.

I think you’re right. With PG13 gone to OKC, wasn’t there something that said that LeBron wanted another star in LA before committing? If so, they need to go all in on Kawhi, which still weakens them significantly since I’m sure San Antonio would jack up the price for them. LeBron probably just stays in Cleveland on a one year deal and tells them to get their act together. 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, who do you think said:

Cousins is awful. If that's who the Lakers end up parading around as their big offseason signing then I will laugh my ass off. They wouldn't even make the playoffs next year.

This is a poor take.

You must not watch a lot of basketball if you believe Cousins is awful.

A Lakers team with a starting lineup consisting of 1. Lonzo, 2. Hart, 3. Ingram 4. Kuzma/Randle and Cousins at the 5 is absolutely a playoff team. Probably a 6-8 seeded and bounced in the first-round team, but still a playoff team.

And for the record, I’m in camp “don’t want Cousins unless LeBron is here.” Yes, he’s an all-star offensively, but he’s also a lazy defender with a poor attitude. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm pretty sure DeMarcus Cousins is rather good but it doesn't matter because he would be blamed for all of LeBron's shortcomings as his teammate, sort of like how LeBron turned Kevin Love from an All-Star to a random dude who hangs out at the Y and misses being in high school.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

25 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This is a poor take.

You must not watch a lot of basketball if you believe Cousins is awful.

You must not watch any basketball if you think Cousins is a productive player. No defensive instincts or ability, constantly out of position on both ends of the floor, can't set a decent screen to save his life, and that's without even getting into the mental stuff. If he's not the one scoring the points, he contributes absolutely nothing. If that's the kind of guy you think you want on your basketball team, maybe take a break from NBA 2K.

A Lakers team with a starting lineup consisting of 1. Lonzo, 2. Hart, 3. Ingram 4. Kuzma/Randle and Cousins at the 5 is absolutely a playoff team. Probably a 6-8 seeded and bounced in the first-round team, but still a playoff team.

No, it isn't. That team stinks and will stink until it is broken up.

And for the record, I’m in camp “don’t want Cousins unless LeBron is here.” Yes, he’s an all-star offensively, but he’s also a lazy defender with a poor attitude. 

Okay now this makes no sense whatsoever. You don't want Cousins, the guy who is a WASTE OF A ROSTER SPOT if the ball isn't in his hands, unless LeBron James is also on the team, who will take the ball OUT of Cousins' hands.

ummmmmmmmmmm

26 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I'm pretty sure DeMarcus Cousins is rather good but it doesn't matter because he would be blamed for all of LeBron's shortcomings as his teammate, sort of like how LeBron turned Kevin Love from an All-Star to a random dude who hangs out at the Y and misses being in high school.

Love and Cousins are both guys who struggle to make themselves relevant if they're not the ones with the ball in their hands getting the buckets. That's not a good match for LeBron.

What's the reason behind the "teams can talk and work out contracts, but nobody can actually sign for a week" deal?  If they can negotiate and agree, what purpose does waiting serve?  I know the NBA CBA is a stupid POS, but there has to be some rationale for this... right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Because they want to allow drama like DeAndre to Dallas? That was a lot of fun the first time around.

Anyone else going to Summer League? This will be my second year. As expected, it's more expensive this season ($40 compared to $30, plus fees) and unlike last year with Lonzo, I don't think there's a clear everyone-needs-to-see-this-guy rookie, which I say mostly because Luca is likely to skip SL.

It's still a cool experience. And if all of the free agent signings aren't complete, it's fun to be in the center of the basketball universe as that news trickles in. I was in Cox Pavilion (about the size of a high school gym) across from Harden and Paul after they made their big deals last year. And I saw Shams a bunch of times walking around.

Word is out that Summer League is great. The only problem, of course, is that it's in Vegas.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unbelievable. I thought for sure LeBron was coming to Memphis. What a disappointment. Now I gotta go burn all of my custom LeBron Grizzlies jerseys I bought in anticipation. Absolutely gutted. 

3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Holy s***. It’s actually effing happening!

Hmmmm... not sure how this impacts the Sixers' chances of getting him.  Gonna do some digging.

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Holy s***! It’s actually effing happening!

First Lakers-Warriors game on xmas day I bet. I think Boogie joins him and they get Leonard in free agency after this coming season. 

At least Cleveland got one. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived