2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On

buzzcut

NOPE! 

JK. I'm not mad at Lebron. I said he might choose LA for both basketball and business reasons and some of yous said he can do his business from Cleveland. Well maybe that's still true, but I wasn't wrong either. The villain in this is Dan Gilbert who is a Grade-A royal jackass. 

His signing with the Lakers is annoying. I liked that they were kind of sh***y for a bit there and that run of humbling is completely over. They get the best player for no reason other than they're located in a good place for him to live and work. I probably won't care about the NBA until Seattle gets a team. Until then have a nice time watching the Warriors sweep the Celtics next June. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

NOPE! 

JK. I'm not mad at Lebron. I said he might choose LA for both basketball and business reasons and some of yous said he can do his business from Cleveland. Well maybe that's still true, but I wasn't wrong either. The villain in this is Dan Gilbert who is a Grade-A royal jackass. 

His signing with the Lakers is annoying. I liked that they were kind of sh***y for a bit there and that run of humbling is completely over. They get the best player for no reason other than they're located in a good place for him to live and work. I probably won't care about the NBA until Seattle gets a team. Until then have a nice time watching the Warriors sweep the Celtics next June. 

I agree with everything you said. 

A string of 1-year contracts was a way to control Gilbert and leave whenever the team went downhill. My only hope is that after a long stretch of losing seasons he'll want to sell the Cavs and go back to Detroit for good. To think, there was a time when most thought he was the best owner in the city.

The Lakers and their fans always had a certain arrogance and entitlement. Like the Celtics, Yankees or Cowboys. Where they just expect to be good and want every good player to join them. Seems like every offseason there's hundreds of photoshopped pictures of the new LA superteams made up of Lebron, Westbrook, Durant, Curry, Irving, Love, George, Leonard, etc. Unfortunately things always work out for them and it's happened again.

I'm not mad at Lebron for leaving. I am mad that Gilbert is still the Cavs owner, but mostly annoyed that he went to the Lakers. It benefits the NBA's two most annoying fanbases, the Lakers will be good again and the Celtics have an easy path to the Finals. 

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't think any Cleveland team can win a championship anytime soon. But, if I had to pick one to win a trophy in the next ten years it might be the Browns. But that's more indicative of the way the NFL is built. There's no super teams, market size doesn't matter, salary caps, etc.

Yes, but the Browns are the Browns. They defy the notions of how sports teams should work.

53Ocz8U.png

Nerlens Noel to OKC. Good for him -- I'd really like to see him have a productive NBA career on a good team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

https://deadspin.com/let-us-witness-now-the-glorious-end-of-lebron-1827283821

Like a lot of other sports fans, I felt an urgency this spring to appreciate James as much as I could for as long as he lasted, because I am old enough to know that sports are finite. Even though James is unlike anyone I’ve seen, time will get him at some point. And it’ll probably get him in L.A. I know that’s a downer way of looking at it, but A) :censored: Lakers fans, and B.) In the grand scheme of things, it’s fine. He was always the biggest, in both form and presence. He’s bigger than any team. He’s bigger than any title. He’s bigger than the league itself. And here, at the end, he’ll have finally the stage—the life!—to match that grandness. If it doesn’t end quite the way he, or any of us, envisioned, it’ll still be a fitting end all the same. This is LeBron’s bliss; we’re all just hoping to share a little piece of it.

Everyone who writes like this is beneath contempt. How can anyone love an athlete this much?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm so glad that LeBron can live in Los Angeles year-round now. Why, I'm not sure, it doesn't seem to affect my life at all, but he just....he deserves it! He and his biggest form deserve it. I'm not gay.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 minutes ago, Kaz said:

So when Gawker finally goes under who is gonna take Meatspin's space as Lebron's #1 Online Fanboy blog?

Colin Cowherd and Nick Wright.

4 hours ago, Wings said:

So who wins a championship first in the next 4 years? LeBron with the Lakers or his son in the California high school basketball state championships. 

Unless he plays for Chino Hills, he's got a pretty good chance. Hahahahaha!!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

52 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Nerlens Noel to OKC. Good for him -- I'd really like to see him have a productive NBA career on a good team.

We will find out if he is actually coachable, but Donovan and Mark Bryant have some work do to

6 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Ty Lue is set to make $21 million over the next three years. He ain't going anywhere for a little while -- why fire a coach if you're taking anyway?*

I'd rather start developing a new foundation with a competent coach building on the youth movement right away, now that we have good young prospects, including the 8th pick on our roster to start the re-build, instead of just tanking and throwing a year away.

19 minutes ago, Digby said:

Lakers building their team around LeBron with Javale McGee, Lance Stephenson and now Rajon Rondo. If this crew gets along and figures it out, then send them to Israel and Palestine next.

Is Nick Young available? Dwight Howard would "fit" their mold too.

So the Pelicans basically swapped Rondo for Julius Randle. It's doubtful that they're going to re-sign Cousins now, I don't think they have much cap room left. I wonder how AD feels about losing Rondo and possibly Cousins. They both played a huge role in turning that team around last season.

Archived