2018 NBA "Off"Season-Because It's Always On

buzzcut

7 hours ago, kimball said:

PLOT TWIST: Colangelo is fired, Hinkie is rehired. And, just in time to complete the process with a major FA signing and championship ring. 

No, Hinkie immediately trades Embiid for a 2020 lottery pick.  TRUST THE (restarted) PROCESS

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, rams80 said:

No, Hinkie immediately trades Embiid for a 2020 lottery pick.  TRUST THE (restarted) PROCESS 

Ha. He would too. Because Embiid played a full season he's now a depreciating asset. Sell high!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I do legitimately wonder if Hinkie did have an idea of when/how he'd build it back up, or if he was simply tasked with breaking it down and just acquire assets, and parley those into more assets.  Like was the plan for Hinkie to finish the process, or 1) was that never the plan, but they told him it was, or 2) it was never the plan and he knew that going in.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, in all seriousness, is there a more overrated bunch of "geniuses" than the Coangelos?  What has either of them ever won that gets them the title of genius? 

Seems like they're great at winning awards, but not so much at winning titles.  I'm not sure why I'm supposed to believe that they're in better hands with Jerry or Bryan C than with Hinkie

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well new rumor is three of the accounts were associated with his wife’s cell phone number, though he still claims to know nothing. So (if true) that leaves one unaccounted for. 

37 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well new rumor is three of the accounts were associated with his wife’s cell phone number, though he still claims to know nothing. So (if true) that leaves one unaccounted for. 

It was definitely Sam Hinkie.

It's all still so stupid that I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team anymore.

Bryan Colanegelo has been a fine GM for building teams without generational superstars. The only problem is that only two teams have won titles in the last 20 years without that one singular guy: the 2004 Pistons and the 2011 Mavs (though you can make a case for Dirk). Those Suns teams were awful close though.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

He’s the Sam bradford of GMs. Sought after, highly paid, considered great, accomplished nothing, and his fans will defend him to the end. 

The timing blows, considering the move(s) they’re rumored to be making and the need for FAs to trust that they have stability and can trust who’s there, but losing him wouldn’t matter at any other time. 

Well, I don't know how many actual fans Colangelo has. I'm just saying that he's been consistently decent with what he's had to work with. That said, he wouldn't be my top choice for a GM job.

And the timing definitely does blow. Given how stacked the Celtics are, the Sixers need huge deals this off-season in order to keep up. If the Cavs experience of summer 2017 shows anything, it's that you can indeed blow up your franchise and still make the NBA Finals.

17 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Well, I don't know how many actual fans Colangelo has. I'm just saying that he's been consistently decent with what he's had to work with. That said, he wouldn't be my top choice for a GM job.

And the timing definitely does blow. Given how stacked the Celtics are, the Sixers need huge deals this off-season in order to keep up. If the Cavs experience of summer 2017 shows anything, it's that you can indeed blow up your franchise and still make the NBA Finals.

*As long as you have Lebron on your team. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

4 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

It was definitely Sam Hinkie.

Sam Hinkie was having an affair with his wife so he could get time with her phone...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

19 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Please stop. You're a conversation killer and it's no fun.

What? It’s no debate that only Lebron could take a lottery team to The Finals (he’s done it 2x now). 

You make it sound like anyone could do that. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

On 5/29/2018 at 11:11 PM, Tracy Jordan said:

CP3 is a free agent this summer, right? I wonder if there's even a remote possibility that LeBron could convince CP3 to join him with the Lakers? If not, I could definitely see him going to Houston to play with CP3 and Harden.

As far as the Lakers getting LeBron, I think it comes down to what happens with the Ball brothers. If LiAngelo, for whatever supremely incompetent reason were to be brought in, that means LaVar gets louder next year. LeBron might require the Lakers get rid of the Balls before signing up. San Antonio is way further down the list of possible moves, but if Leonard stays and a few other pieces get moved off the team I could see him coming to the Spurs. He'd have a better shooter at center with Gasol and Aldridge at power forward but not any as solid a rebounder as Thompson who can barely shoot a layup. If Parker is done with the Spurs i can see Chris Paul taking up that slot. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Chris Paul had a handshake agreement to get a supermax extension in Houston, but I can't see Darryl Morey honoring that after the way Paul's season ended.

San Antonio might be the best basketball place for LeBron to end up. I'd like to see it.

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

*As long as you have Lebron on your team. 

Don't bring your BS to this thread too.

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Don't bring your BS to this thread too.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize anyone could take a lottery team to The Finals. :rolleyes:

Phantom Merch Collector.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I think Cleveland HAD to blow up the team to make the Finals. If players are being selfish and they aren't the ones producing, that locker room will implode on it's own given time. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived