2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The refs took the paint away from them in the third.

But that doesn't excuse going 1-24 from three. That's disgusting.

It’s true, but I have to believe you keep trying to get in there (or take a mid range two) over 3 pointers considering their percentage.

Ariza is 0 for 12 from the field. That’s unacceptable in a Game 7. 

EDIT: And Houston is 1 for their last 30 from 3. Even more unacceptable. 

spacer.png

Doesn't count - Chris Paul was hurt sooooooo the Warriors achievement of making four straight finals is diminished. 

3 minutes ago, See Red said:

How does Jordan's supporting cast not diminish his accomplishments?  Jordan left to play a different sport and the Bulls were still good enough to be an all-time bad call away from a spot in the Finals.

You can do it with any of the greats - Bill Russell played a bunch of chainsmokers, Larry Bird played a bunch of cokeheads, Jordan played a bunch of cokeheads then a bunch of stoners. Then I guess Lebron played the 14 worst NBA teams of all time every year for the last 8 years. Any of the greats. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I hate the conspiracy theory stuff, but the Rockets got a raw deal tonight just like they did in game 6.

Yes, they had an all-time terrible shooting night, but they were also taken out of the game when it mattered most. It's really difficult to watch when it doesn't seem fair.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Cavs - Warriors IV: The Sweep

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

I hate the conspiracy theory stuff, but the Rockets got a raw deal tonight just like they did in game 6.

Yes, they had an all-time terrible shooting night, but they were also taken out of the game when it mattered most. It's really difficult to watch when it doesn't seem fair.

I think it's been proven throughout all levels of basketball that the team trailing always gets calls. Problem is, you mix that with the tidal wave of annihilation that the Warriors build up with the Rockets playing on a basket with a smaller radius, and you get this. 

On 4/12/2018 at 9:07 AM, who do you think said:

Cavs-Warriors again, just by process of elimination. I don't know who wins.

Toronto is a choke factory.

Houston is also a choke factory, although they'll have home court and actually look like they *might* be a different team this year. Of all the teams not named Cavs or Warriors I have the hardest time writing them off.

The Sixers are obviously very young and have only been a "good" team for a little over a month. This winning streak of theirs consists of victories over Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Denver, and a bunch of lottery hopefuls playing out the string (Dallas, Memphis, Orlando, Brooklyn twice, Atlanta twice, Charlotte twice, Knicks twice). Playoff adversity will hit them like a truck. Wouldn't be shocked if Miami took them out in round one.

The Celtics are too injured to make a real run, although with Stevens and a playoff roster full of guys who play hard, unselfish, don't need the ball to be effective, and are under no pressure whatsoever, they should be a tough out for anyone they face, aside from Cleveland.

OKC is a choke factory. Utah's on a hell of a run but there's no way they survive Houston. I don't think Portland has the horses to make a serious run without injury luck.

Pretty much nailed it so far. I picked the Warriors to win in a later post.

Let’s not predict how many games the Finals will go (let’s be real it’s not going beyond 5). Let’s instead do some fun over/unders. 

20 - average margin of victory in the series

5 - average amount of points by non-LeBron Cavs players

75 - combined number of posts between @ozzyman314 and @SabresRule7361 reminding us how much they hate/how bad LeBron is

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

2018: Warriors over Cavs in 6

2019: Warriors over Cavs in 5

2020: Warriors over Cavs in 4

2021: Warriors over Cavs by forfeit

Warrriors-Cavs part 32: LeBron Lives!!!

4 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Let’s not predict how many games the Finals will go (let’s be real it’s not going beyond 5). Let’s instead do some fun over/unders. 

75 - combined number of posts between @ozzyman314 and @SabresRule7361 reminding us how much they hate/how bad LeBron is

Under.

Over.

Did you mean 750?  If so, I'm still taking the over.

IUe6Hvh.png

8 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

under

over

over

YVRMUBj.png

39 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Durant is about to be 2-0 in the Finals vs. LeBron.  Does that make him better?

2-1.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

12 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Basically. 

I’d still have him In my top 5. 

But I could never put him at 1 because He dominated such weak conference. Seriously outside of Lebron how many Major teams have there been in The East? 

That’s also diminishes that whole “8 straight Finals” achievement. 

Your CapsLock keeps getting randomly stuck.

Well I was hopeing could prove me wrong but looks like ill be skipping out on the finals for the second year in a row. Seriously :censored: Kevin Durant for taking a coward way out and signing with a team that just beat you and :censored: the PA for allowing this to happen and also for only helping the player that were FAs that year because that was actually really dickish.

The NBA was my favorite league and now thats ruined. I'm glad the Rams are back because the NFL at least cares about competitive balance, same with every other leauge in North America. I hope cleveland wins but I doubt it. So  seriously go the hell Kevin Durant and Golden State!

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

This is why the next time the NBA CBA gets renewed, Commish Silver had BETTER make the league's proposal include a strong push for parity (as in HARD, STRICT salary cap)...and if the NBPA won't agree to it, then just keep playing hardball.

(If a season gets cancelled, then so be it...one season lost is a small price to pay for the league as a whole being saved)

bYhYmxh.png

Archived