2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

I think he's going to stay in Cleveland for 2 more years.  Then he will sign is second to last contract for 3-5 years with the Lakers.  Then he'll resign with the Cavs on a 1-day contract to retire a Cav.

• Lakers - They don't make sense right now.
  • Rockets - You are REALLY going to take the ball out of Harden's and Paul's hands to put it in LeBron's?  Have you seen the Cavs no-movement offense?  He doesn't work there for a multitude of reasons.
  • Phila - Could make sense, they are young and athletic... but outside of Reddick... they have no floor spacing.  That team would need some over hauling.
  • Washington - A sleeper... has some shooters, has some bigs, has a dynamic Point Guard.
  • Boston - lol

What about Toronto? =P

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

I do think that if LeBron goes anywhere, it'll be to the Lakers. He has to go Hollywood and win in the West.

Beyond that, I hear people say the Lakers aren't good enough right now, but I do think they're in the best position to blow it up and remake the team in LeBron's image. They seem not dissimilar to the state of the Cavs when LeBron returned, actually, apart from missing a Kyrie-level talent. But Caldwell-Pope, Brook Lopez and Isaiah Thomas (lol) are all off the books now. The Luol Deng contract is still not ideal, but either way there's plenty of room for LeBron to arrive and bring his pick of superfriends. Also seems very easy to see them trading Lonzo Ball to some schmuck to make more room if needed.

That said, I'm not counting out his returning to a very very different Cavs team, either.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

LeBron does not need money.  He needs legacy.  So his options include:

• Stay in Cleveland and continue to drag his group of stiffs as far as they can.  Win no more titles.  Be recognized as having spent much of his career on bad teams but be compared maybe to Kobe; not to Jordan.
  • Go somewhere else, which causes his reputation as a ring-chaser to get even worse.  Probably win no more rings anyway.  I don't think there's a team he joins and can beat the Warriors.

I am not betting on this, but a third option? Retire. 

I was thinking maybe the Cavs can mortgage their entire future to try to win for the last couple years of LeBron greatness.  That would make total sense (since it's not like they'll ever be relevant post-LeBron) if not for the Warriors. There's no way the rest of this goes well for LeBron. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

43 minutes ago, Digby said:

Beyond that, I hear people say the Lakers aren't good enough right now, but I do think they're in the best position to blow it up and remake the team in LeBron's image. They seem not dissimilar to the state of the Cavs when LeBron returned, actually, apart from missing a Kyrie-level talent. But Caldwell-Pope, Brook Lopez and Isaiah Thomas (lol) are all off the books now. The Luol Deng contract is still not ideal, but either way there's plenty of room for LeBron to arrive and bring his pick of superfriends. Also seems very easy to see them trading Lonzo Ball to some schmuck to make more room if needed.

That said, I'm not counting out his returning to a very very different Cavs team, either.

I don't know if I see the Lakers wanting to do that.  The NBA is their league. They'll be back.  And why sell any future to get maybe two more dominant years of LeBron?  Their best option is to wait out the Warriors era and then become the Lakers of old by signing some free agents.  By that time, LeBron will be done.

But if the Lakers are going to do that, or the Cavs, I hope the T-Wolves are watching.  The KAT era is over and the Wolves hopes, just like in the Love era, are crushed.  I hope they can unload KAT and salary for some future.  Future Cavs picks should be nice (i.e., go a few years out).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Doesn't he already own a house in LA? He's a corny ass dad now, he might see the practicality in not really having to fully move again.  Of course that logic could work the same way and he just stays in Cleveland for the rest of his career. I think Lebron also sees big picture and appreciates what being visible in LA could do for him post-basketball. He could be Magic Johnson times 2. My money, though, is on him signing another one year deal with the Cavs. I don't think he'll have any interest in playing mentor in Philadelphia. 

RE: The Warriors

This is the problem basketball will always have. If too many players find their way to the same team it feels like cheating at worst and just boring and predictable at best, especially if one of the league's top five players joins an already great team and I don't even know how you argue that what he did was not super lame. It's also unlikely the perfect storm of circumstances that led to this collection in Oakland will happen again so I also don't see a reason to make moves to stop things like this from happening. Just wait until it's over I guess, would be my advice to basketball fans. If I'd watched this entire season and then this happened I'd be grumpy about it. I'm grumpy about it and I'm not even a basketball fan. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Doesn't he already own a house in LA? He's a corny ass dad now, he might see the practicality in not really having to fully move again.  Of course that logic could work the same way and he just stays in Cleveland for the rest of his career. I think Lebron also sees big picture and appreciates what being visible in LA could do for him post-basketball. He could be Magic Johnson times 2. My money, though, is on him signing another one year deal with the Cavs. I don't think he'll have any interest in playing mentor in Philadelphia. 

Yeah, this is where I'm at: probably Cleveland, maybe Los Angeles, that's it, and if it's Los Angeles, it's because Hollywood can make him more of a global icon than he already is. Which is quite possible. As for his on-court legacy,

pqZNtQgrsJpb9AESNAFAkErITGeIYGBZICDSUq3C

Second comes right after first!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I think Lebron also sees big picture and appreciates what being visible in LA could do for him post-basketball.

Does that really make a difference for someone like Lebron though?  I'd understand for someone like Paul George, but Lebron has likely already reached a level of popularity/greatness where he doesn't need LA or New York to sustain his popularity post-basketball.

2 hours ago, RaginRonic said:

What about Toronto? =P

Then they would truly be Lebronto :P

If he didn't look so dejected and spent this series I'd think that him staying another year in Cleveland would be almost a certain lock because there are no better options on the table (join the Lakers and babysit with Paul "Clutch" George? lmao).  However, I'm not so sure anymore; somehow joining Houston or Boston is probably his only realistic chance of beating the Warriors, but I just don't see either happening.  If somehow he can demand a sign-and-trade to the Wizards for Otto Porter Jr or whoever needs to go to make the money work, can he make that work?  They already can't seem to take two chefs in the kitchen, I can't imagine them with another.

Cleveland for one more year seems like the best option, but he really looks like he's sick of all of his teammates

43 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Does that really make a difference for someone like Lebron though?  I'd understand for someone like Paul George, but Lebron has likely already reached a level of popularity/greatness where he doesn't need LA or New York to sustain his popularity post-basketball.

Then they would truly be Lebronto :P

If he didn't look so dejected and spent this series I'd think that him staying another year in Cleveland would be almost a certain lock because there are no better options on the table (join the Lakers and babysit with Paul "Clutch" George? lmao).  However, I'm not so sure anymore; somehow joining Houston or Boston is probably his only realistic chance of beating the Warriors, but I just don't see either happening.  If somehow he can demand a sign-and-trade to the Wizards for Otto Porter Jr or whoever needs to go to make the money work, can he make that work?  They already can't seem to take two chefs in the kitchen, I can't imagine them with another.

Cleveland for one more year seems like the best option, but he really looks like he's sick of all of his teammates

As well he should.

If he's thinking about sticking around in Cleveland, he may wait it out to see whether the Cavs can do something. He's clearly getting frustrated.  I don't see a scenario in which they are as good as Golden State, but one more star-quality player would make his life a lot easier and make things a bit more competitive.  But If Cleveland wants to stand pat, I have to wonder whether he gets out just because he's burned out.

Assuming good health and today's rosters, I think either Boston or Philly wins the East next year.  And LeBron's essentially playing to amass career stats, which is why I think retirement is a long shot, but a possibility.

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

26 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

As well he should.

No he should not be! He engineered the roster overhaul! This "make LeBron do everything and then bitch that he has to do everything" system is a real somethin' and a half.

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

It's not about sustaining popularity. It's about running post-basketball investments, especially if he gets involved in a media or entertainment company. That's easier to do in LA than in Cleveland. Of course, he doesn't have to play in LA to move to LA after he retires, but just throwing out scenarios for what he could be thinking right now. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Why not San Antonio? If Leonard and the Spurs can't reconcile do the players swap spots? Also, Cleveland has a lottery pick and I can see LeBron wanting to have the ability to pick a piece without league interference, i.e. bidding wars. JR Smith should be all but done with the Cavs stuck with his salary or most of it if they ship him out. If the best thing the Lakers offers other than money is Kyle Kuzma and Lonzo Ball I'd avoid them like the plague, even with Paul George there. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If LeBron goes to the Lakers, they'll hit the ejector seat on the entire Ball family circus and let LeBron build the roster to fit his tastes. Then everyone will bitch that he has terrible support players and has to do everything himself.

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I think Lebron also sees big picture and appreciates what being visible in LA could do for him post-basketball.

Right.

Because when someone says LeBron, we all need clarification on which LeBron is being talked about.

14 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It's not about sustaining popularity. It's about running post-basketball investments, especially if he gets involved in a media or entertainment company. That's easier to do in LA than in Cleveland. Of course, he doesn't have to play in LA to move to LA after he retires, but just throwing out scenarios for what he could be thinking right now. 

He already has Uninterrupted

1 hour ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Gonna be interesting to see how, assuming GSW sweeps like we all think they will, they celebrate compared to the Capitals (and especially Ovy)

That's not interesting at all. 

Archived