Sign in to follow this  
TaylorMade

New Nike WNBA jerseys

Honestly, I thought that with the new uniform deal, the sponsors would be relegated to the upper right and the team name take precedence again...guess not.

When corporate logos are skunking team logos 3-0 on a jersey, there's a problem. WNBA has some great logos as well.

52 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

Several of them have absolutely nothing that indicates the team aside from the colors. 

Honestly, if I just saw some of the jerseys by themselves, I wouldn't be able to tell which team it was.

Is the Las Vegas team new for this year? Or have I just not given any attention to the WNBA?

2 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

Is the Las Vegas team new for this year? Or have I just not given any attention to the WNBA?

The San Antonio Stars relocated to Vegas, and are now called the Las Vegas Aces.

The whole soccer style numberimg blows too. Its horrible.  They're much less likely to have alternate uniforms like the G League.  

These suck. It’s a shame how they treat this league aesthetically. Template, sponsors in the place where the team name should be, and he oversized sponsor logos. There is no individual team style here at all. Who is who?

Im glad my hometown Aces look ok. Their name is on the jersey where it should be, and the sponsor logo is off to the side where it should be (if we have to have them that is).

Not good overall though.

1 minute ago, C-Reezy1000 said:

I expected Nike to put some thought and effort into them

I didn't. The league has already shown with the G League that originality is not a plan for the "minor league" teams to include the WNBA. They've looked like this for years now, Nike wasn't going to change anything other than the templates. 

I'm a cynical guy, but I never dreamed that teams would start having uniforms completely devoid of team marks.  It looks like the majority of these do.  For some reason the Lynx have their logo on left side (and it's a nice logo) and a couple others have team wordmarks.  But most have nothing.  That's terrible.  

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The San Antonio Stars relocated to Vegas, and are now called the Las Vegas Aces.

The team history there is a mess.  They were also the Utah Starzz before the move to San Antonio.

Besides the wonk a donk piping, I always liked these templates since teams could customize it somewhat with the sides. Not all of them were good but it gave a little life to the teams that did

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source imageSee the source image

See the source image

See the source image

The shared template feels so cheap.  And the sponsor logos superseding the team logos feels corporate. This whole league feels cheap and corporate. 

There was a photo in my local paper about Kia Nurse getting drafted. I had to read the article to find out which team took her, because the team name was nowhere to be found on the jersey.

21 minutes ago, nash61 said:

There was a photo in my local paper about Kia Nurse getting drafted. I had to read the article to find out which team took her, because the team name was nowhere to be found on the jersey.

The players have to get their names sponsored too?!