What do we know about the new Dolphins set?

ramsjetsthunder

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reputable sources have said that most people won't even notice the change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Reputable sources have said that most people won't even notice the change.

This is the interesting part to me. If it’s so subtle that most won’t notice, then why are they having an unveiling for the new set? I remember hearing it’s supposed to be revealed the same day as the Jags uniform. I’d think if it were such a minor change, they’d just put out an article and say “we tweaked the shade of orange and now it’s slightly thicker.”

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

This is the interesting part to me. If it’s so subtle that most won’t notice, then why are they having an unveiling for the new set? I remember hearing it’s supposed to be revealed the same day as the Jags uniform. I’d think if it were such a minor change, they’d just put out an article and say “we tweaked the shade of orange and now it’s slightly thicker.”

Are they? I haven't seen anything about a full unveiling, but i may have just missed it. But in any case it doesn't seem to be something they're pushing hard. 

I think they may just be tweaking the pants stripes. 

Disclaimer: this is a guess and I have no factual information

They’re probably gonna drop the dark blue and replace those elements with orange, and drop the colors to the throwback colors on the modern template. 

I do really like their uniforms currently. I may be in the minority there though, not sure

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

4 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

In your opinion, what about that number font needs to be fixed?

The 2, 3, 5, 6, and 9 only have one rounded corner, with the other corners being block. The 0 and 8 have four rounded corners. All the block corners of the fist group should be rounded, so that the set is consistent with itself and with the wordmark. And the 1 and 7 should have the right side rounded instead of the left, although I don't find the 1 as bad as the others.

spacer.png

According to: https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/02/report-dolphins-will-reveal-new-uniform-changes-on-april-19/ 

"The changes will be to the jerseys, pants and helmets, though the team’s logo isn’t expected to undergo a drastic change."

Getting rid of navy could encompass this entire change. This could be like what Detroit did, getting rid of their black, but they got a complete redesign. A better example would be when the Knicks got rid of the Black in their uniforms. The Knicks didn't change their logo or their uniforms, they just swapped black for grey. My guess is that the Dolphins are going to adopt Grey as their first secondary color. Grey has been Nike's new black for the last 5 years or so. Also, Dolphins ARE grey, so it would make a lot of sense in that regard as well.

8 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Disclaimer: this is a guess and I have no factual information

They’re probably gonna drop the dark blue and replace those elements with orange, and drop the colors to the throwback colors on the modern template. 

I do really like their uniforms currently. I may be in the minority there though, not sure

I actually feel the exact same way. Dropping the dark blue in the uniforms for either more orange or just replacing it in the striping with the color of the jerseys or helmet.

18 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

According to: https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/02/report-dolphins-will-reveal-new-uniform-changes-on-april-19/ 

"The changes will be to the jerseys, pants and helmets, though the team’s logo isn’t expected to undergo a drastic change."

Getting rid of navy could encompass this entire change. This could be like what Detroit did, getting rid of their black, but they got a complete redesign. A better example would be when the Knicks got rid of the Black in their uniforms. The Knicks didn't change their logo or their uniforms, they just swapped black for grey. My guess is that the Dolphins are going to adopt Grey as their first secondary color. Grey has been Nike's new black for the last 5 years or so. Also, Dolphins ARE grey, so it would make a lot of sense in that regard as well.

So are they getting a change to the logo none the less? They’re saying not drastic but didn’t say they wouldn’t change it all.

Archived