What do we know about the new Dolphins set?

ramsjetsthunder

1 minute ago, Esco said:

So are they getting a change to the logo none the less? They’re saying not drastic but didn’t say they wouldn’t change it all.

They way it reads to me is that there WILL be change to a logo, but not drastic. Otherwise, they would have just said the logo will remain unchanged.   

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

According to: https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/02/report-dolphins-will-reveal-new-uniform-changes-on-april-19/ 

"The changes will be to the jerseys, pants and helmets, though the team’s logo isn’t expected to undergo a drastic change."

Getting rid of navy could encompass this entire change. This could be like what Detroit did, getting rid of their black, but they got a complete redesign. A better example would be when the Knicks got rid of the Black in their uniforms. The Knicks didn't change their logo or their uniforms, they just swapped black for grey. My guess is that the Dolphins are going to adopt Grey as their first secondary color. Grey has been Nike's new black for the last 5 years or so. Also, Dolphins ARE grey, so it would make a lot of sense in that regard as well.

Dropping blue and adding gray seems like a really drastic change. And I'm pretty sure they aren't changing the logo all that much based on the draft hats for sale.

Shade adjustments and maybe adjustments to the stripes and outlines would be my guess.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Dropping blue and adding gray seems like a really drastic change. And I'm pretty sure they aren't changing the logo all that much based on the draft hats for sale.

Shade adjustments and maybe adjustments to the stripes and outlines would be my guess.

ff_2980407alt1_full.jpg&w=600

If we're going with what the draft hat says, I can see what you're saying. The aqua and orange seem to be the colors they use in their throwbacks. Deeper aqua and orange.

22 minutes ago, NikeRuinsEverything said:

ff_2980407alt1_full.jpg&w=600

If we're going with what the draft hat says, I can see what you're saying. The aqua and orange seem to be the colors they use in their throwbacks. Deeper aqua and orange.

Having a brighter orange (like this hat looks) and thicker outlines would help the uniform immensely. 

2 hours ago, FroznYogurt said:

Logo remaining the same but the orange is becoming darker.KuFygmL.png

Nice find.  So, they're basically dropping Bright Ceramic (Nike's name for Tennessee Orange) and moving to standard Team Orange (same as Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Florida Gators, etc.). 

This is similar to how Nike nudged the Browns to do this with their last revamp and is likely done for merchandising reasons:  most Bright Ceramic fabric is bought and manufactured into product in Nike's annual Sideline Exclusives (now Authentics) program, which is what most of the NFL/NCAA team product comes from, and very few standard stock Nike "Team" pieces...I believe only Dri-FIT Legend Tees and 2-Pocket Fly Shorts.  The rest?  No Bright Ceramic.  Much more product, although not a ton, is offered in Team Orange, and this probably helps Nike streamline production processes - they can use the same Orange tees for the Browns, Broncos, Bengals, Gators, Boise State, the Massillon Tigers, and any other team wearing Orange...like the Dolphins.  They can just order Bright Ceramic for the few schools that do wear it, such as Tennessee, and makes it more exclusive to them. 

Traditional "Team Orange" is what the Dolphins wore until their last revamp, and honestly, I didn't even realize they switched to Bright Ceramic with the last set until I just looked up their color rush.  Tennessee also uses PMS 151, based on a quick Google search.  So, in a sense, fans are getting something slightly more traditional ;) 

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Good move if they changed the orange. They looked so washed in their color rush uniforms

I disagree, only because them using Tennessee Orange set them apart from the Bengals, Broncos, and Browns.  Looking at the Color Rush unis now for the first time, I think they're great, but I'm in the minority of people (here at least) who likes most of the CR sets.

10 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

In your opinion, what about that number font needs to be fixed?

Where to begin...

ajunk1_zpsdu2wzrga.png

The biggest eyesore to me is the weird mix of rounded corners and squared corners.  Just so random... it seems to be one of those examples of a design being created just because you can.

25 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Where to begin...

ajunk1_zpsdu2wzrga.png

The biggest eyesore to me is the weird mix of rounded corners and squared corners.  Just so random... it seems to be one of those examples of a design being created just because you can.

just need to add a dolphin fin to the top of each and this becomes a modern classic

36 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Where to begin...

ajunk1_zpsdu2wzrga.png

I've never been a fan of number fonts that feature the downward slanted #2. The only team that can get away with it are the Bulls.

45 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So obvious... why didn't anybody think of that sooner?

ajunk1_zps5wdpo137.png

I need to read the Nike press release associated with this masterpiece.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived