What do we know about the new Dolphins set?

ramsjetsthunder

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jt0323 said:

id personally would like these

BUbv68U.png

Except on the modern template. That flywire collar phase sucked. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

31 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Except on the modern template. That flywire collar phase sucked. 

I'd prefer that they went with an Adidas-type collar like the NHL has adopted.  Then Nike could write something witty about the Blackhawk or Flyer-like white toilet bowl seats and how they embody the spirit of the Dolphins as they circle the drain.

9 hours ago, Skape7 said:

Have that let you see it? Just wondering. Is this something the executives hold close or do they share with the graphic artists in the building and get input from them?

i can talk more about it after the reveal, but yea, its been a small circle of people who have worked on it. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

11 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i can talk more about it after the reveal, but yea, its been a small circle of people who have worked on it. 

So Brandon, be honest....you've seen what people here want, do you think a majority of us will be pleased?

42 minutes ago, dirwuf said:

So Brandon, be honest....you've seen what people here want, do you think a majority of us will be pleased?

People have said multiple times, and I think BrandMoore and alluded to, that the changes are very minimal and not really noticeable to most people. 

On 4/14/2018 at 11:27 AM, BrandMooreArt said:

it wont be a big unveiling event. the day it comes out, there wont be much to it besides a page you can view the old and new. we felt like that was needed so when the changes are spotted there no confusion about it. since this is not a “new uniform” it wont be a big deal

Curious with the 5 year uniform rule.  If the changes are minor, like removing the tramp stamp and updating the colors, would that put us on a new 5 year uniform change cycle?  Or would we be able to still change in a year or 2 if it is just something like a color update?

12 minutes ago, Canephins said:

Curious with the 5 year uniform rule.  If the changes are minor, like removing the tramp stamp and updating the colors, would that put us on a new 5 year uniform change cycle?  Or would we be able to still change in a year or 2 if it is just something like a color update?

That rule, to my understanding, is more for the jersey. Not sure if the color tweak resets to a new 5 years, but as the Rams being a prime example, they can change up the helmet and pants but the jersey remains the same. 

The Jets can also opt for a white facemask for a game, which I think looks really good. 

19 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

That rule, to my understanding, is more for the jersey. Not sure if the color tweak resets to a new 5 years, but as the Rams being a prime example, they can change up the helmet and pants but the jersey remains the same. 

The Jets can also opt for a white facemask for a game, which I think looks really good. 

Well, with the helmet you can do whatever you want as long as the shell stays the same.  The Rams can have white horns as the primary and then swap out to yellow for throwback games, much like what we do in Miami with the old logo.  Same thing with the facemask.  Not sure though how minor tweaks in color to the jersey would impact that 5 year cycle, or not, for the entire uniform.  

Now the Jags, they are changing their helmet so they will be locked in to this new helmet shell for the next 5 years.  

1 minute ago, Canephins said:

Well, with the helmet you can do whatever you want as long as the shell stays the same.  The Rams can have white horns as the primary and then swap out to yellow for throwback games, much like what we do in Miami with the old logo.  Same thing with the facemask.  Not sure though how minor tweaks in color to the jersey would impact that 5 year cycle, or not, for the entire uniform.  

Now the Jags, they are changing their helmet so they will be locked in to this new helmet shell for the next 5 years.  

My assumption is the minor change to the colors would count as a change required for the five years. I believe this is due to retail purposes (jerseys, etc.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, dirwuf said:

well, i suppose what majority of people really want is the '66 throwback as the full time uniform and thats definitely not the case here. i do think the changes are positive, but its still very much the current Uniform

34 minutes ago, Canephins said:

im not 100% sure about that. but because there are alterations to the jersey, i think it has to stay for 5 years.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

7 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

7 hours ago, dirwuf said:

Oh, just post it already.  Nobody reads this forum anyways.  :D

Archived