Holy s***, I actually finished the entire NFL (Hand Drawn)(Falcons posted 5/9)

jn8

***EDITED***

Okay, I’ve decided to turn this into a thread to post my NFL concepts. Rather than have individual ones, I figured I would post them here in the thread I already have. I don’t know how many teams I’ll do and I won’t promise anything about getting all 32 done, but I know I have a few off the top of my head that I have some sort of idea for. I’ll stick to one helmet for every team, though switching out decals/facemasks is allowed, and I’ll give each team a home and road, with most getting an alternate jersey. Typically, teams will have 3 pairs of pants, in the same colors as the jerseys, but there will be cases of only one or two pairs. A lot of them will be more modern designs, but not over the top. Think Minnesota Vikings as an example. Modern but clean. Not Tampa Bay. Never go full Tampa Bay. Feedback is always appreciated, it helps me improve and gives a better product to show you guys, just make sure any criticism is constructive  and provides me something to use. Thanks for looking!

***End of the Edit***

*Original Post*

So, being a Denver Broncos fan, I’ve seen the team’s uniforms plenty of times over the years and, in my opinion, I’d actually consider calling them a modern classic (being the first revolutionary design and lasting 20+ years) and honestly doubt they’ll ever change, considering the three Super Bowls were won in them. But they aren’t perfect, so I decided I’d take a swing at them. It seems like the popular thing to do with Denver  is to simply recolor the Elway-era to the modern navy (essentially the color-rush look), and that style heavily inspired my design as well, but I attempted a more modern twist on it by using the current helmet stripes. If that seems confusing, I apologize, but you’ll see what I mean.
Colors:
Same orange, but the blue is a mix of navy and royal blue, creating a dark-royal, light navy shade never used in team history 
Helmet:
The helmet is the same as the current altered to the new blue and a change to the stripe. I kept the basis of the current stripe, but took the two outer stripes and made them white, a nod to the Elway helmet stripes. For the facemask, I decided on orange. I’m not usually a fan of same color masks and helmets and leaving it white seemed.. awkward, so I went orange. (disclaimer: the facemask is one part of the uniform I had some second thoughts about)
Jerseys:
Kept the current rotation: orange primary, white away, blue alternate. I took the helmet striping and applied it to the sleeves, starting at the front and tapering to the back, colored to match the Elway look. For the numbers, I kept the current font. It’s unique to Denver and, in my opinion, looks quite nice.
Pants:
Pants come in the same colors as the jerseys, each with the stripes starting at the top, tapering to the bottom.
Combinations:
The primary home would be orange jerseys with white pants and orange socks, away would be white over orange with blue socks, and the blue jersey would almost always be worn with the white pants. Even though these are the primary combos, others are allowed, though monochrome orange is the only one I’d discourage. Colored pants always have contrasting socks.
Now, if you’ve made it this far, here they are:

lxkcZdV.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. Fantastic drawings. These are 100% the best i've seen.

But i would imagine auburn would be a little pissed off? these jerseys are wayyyyyy too similar to theirs, and they are both premier football teams. If it werent for that, i like them!

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I really, really like these, and the presentation is top notch. Great work. I'm generally not a fan of tapering design elements, outside of helmet stripes in football, but it works here, and it'd be unique (and historically appropriate) to the Broncos.

Thanks for the comments guys, means a lot!

23 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Ok. Fantastic drawings. These are 100% the best i've seen.

But i would imagine auburn would be a little pissed off? these jerseys are wayyyyyy too similar to theirs, and they are both premier football teams. If it werent for that, i like them!

Hmmm... Now that you mention it, I can see the Auburn comparison, especially if they wore white jerseys and pants or blue jerseys with white pants, but those two combinations wouldn't be the main looks. I know they're similar, but IMO, the blue helmet really sets the two apart and with the main combinations, I feel there would be enough difference, but I definitely see the similarities. Thanks for pointing that out though, now I can't unsee it :P

Random thought: Would anyone be interested if I posted some more teams? With my schedule, I can't promise the whole league, but I know some that I already have ideas for off the top of my head.

Okay, so I am all-in on doing more teams. I’ve gone back and edited the original post to give an idea of what i plan for this, so to get that it’s in the first post. If you don’t want to all that hard work scrolling up the page :rolleyes:, in short I said I plan on doing a few concepts, but IDK if I’ll do the whole NFL based on time constraints. Arizona should be up shortly, either tonight or sometime tomorrow depending on how my calculus assignment goes. 

Y'all ready for team 2? No? Well, here it is anyway.

Arizona Cardinals

I think nearly everyone has come to the conclusion that the Cardinals’ uniforms seem like they belong in 2001, which is pretty bad, especially for a uniform design from 2005, so they were at the top of the list when I looked at teams to redo. For the descriptions, I’ll describe the primaries together, but keep the alternate description separate from them. You’ll see why…

Colors: Kept the traditional red and white (duh), and also included black for outlines/accents and used a touch of copper in the logo, replacing the yellow beak, but copper isn’t used on the primary uniforms, just the alternate.

Helmet: There are laws stating the Cardinals’ helmet can’t be changed, right? It’s the same, other than the facemask becoming red. Grey doesn’t work with a modern uniform like the current ones or my redesign.

Jerseys: A very simple, yet modern design. The primaries are red and white and feature the same number font as they currently use. The sleeve caps feature a sublimated pattern of the Arizona state flag, with the bottom half being white and the top and star being shades of red and a thin, yet slightly thicker than typical piping, black stripe over the cap. The caps are the same on both jerseys. (AKA: the white jersey has red sleeve caps, the red jersey has red sleeve caps)

Pants: In both white and red, the pants feature a modernized two stripe design from the Jake Plummer-era uniforms. The stripes have a thin black outline and come to a point just before the bottom of the leg.

Alternate: THIS SET CANNOT BE MIXED WITH THE OTHERS!! Needed to get that out of the way. This was the only set to include copper other than the logo and uses it as an accent on all parts of the uniform. The helmet swaps in a chrome-copper facemask, but other than that is the same. The rest of the uniform is solid black and has the same design as all the others, but the sleeve cap design is more pronounced using red, white, copper, and black to re-color the flag. Copper outlines and accents replace what was black on the primaries. I know I’ll likely get hate for BFBS, but I liked the set and didn’t want to use copper on the primaries but still wanted to use it in a way.

Combos: Home would be red over white, road would be white over red, but mixing between those two sets is permitted though all-red should prolly be avoided. The alternate is all black and, like previously stated, cannot be mixed with the others.

Well, that’s about it. The images are below for y’all to take a look. Comments are appreciated!

DC86W7t.jpg

Archived