Holy s***, I actually finished the entire NFL (Hand Drawn)(Falcons posted 5/9)

jn8

Ive been lurking here for years admiring all the concepts and artwork but you sir have become my FAVORITE artist on here, and I rarely comment but for you i HAD too. What you have done here is FANTASTIC. 

Ima huge Buffalo Bills fan and Josh Allen has rejuvenated my franchise, Id LOVE to see what you can come up for the Buffalo Bills

When you have the time of course

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2019 at 9:32 PM, SpreadJerm said:

Ima huge Buffalo Bills fan and Josh Allen has rejuvenated my franchise, Id LOVE to see what you can come up for the Buffalo Bills

As a Broncos fan, I love Josh Allen. One of my neighbors last year was a Wyoming fan and we both hoped Denver would draft him. The Bills are actually going to be coming up pretty soon, so keep your eye out for that. But for now we've got the....

Los Angeles Rams

Colors and Logo:

I went against the grain here, not reverting to royal blue and athletic gold. Instead, I chose to use navy blue paired with athletic gold. I can't really tell you why, because I like the throwback color scheme, but this is just what I'd prefer to see the Rams go with. Sometimes you can't really explain why you think something looks good, it just clicks in your brain. For me, this is one of those times. As for the logo, I kept the current ram head mostly intact, dropping some (what I feel are) unnecessary details and recoloring it. 

Helmet:

Contrary to the impression I may give some people, I'm not a complete idiot. Untouched. 

Jerseys:

Three jerseys, athletic gold, navy blue, and white. For the primary home jersey, I chose to use athletic gold. LA is pretty hot early in the season, which could encourage the team to wear a lighter color at home. Rather than have them choose white for the majority of the season, why not make the home jersey a light color in yellow? I don't know how many people believe that wearing a dark color actually impacts how a team plays in the heat, but teams seem to think it's an issue, so I did what had to be done to ensure that we get to see the home team in colored jerseys 8 games a year. And I just wanted a team with a yellow home jersey. But that first thing too.😁 As for the actual design of the jerseys, I modeled it off the. 2000's set. The sleeves get too crowded to have a full horn, at least in my opinion. On the topic of crowding, I also decided not to keep the sleeve logo, instead moving the TV numbers there. In my opinion, the shoulder hoop doesn't allow both to work, so I kept the one required by NFL rules. Additionally, all unnecessary white was dropped. That means the only white is the white jersey, everything else is just blue and gold. 

Pants:

Same colors as the jerseys. One solid stripe of the opposite color on the colored pants, the white pants have a gold stripe outlined in blue. 

Combinations:

The white jersey has the most freedom. It can be worn with any pair of pants. The gold jerseys have slightly less, with the all-gold combo being the only one off limits. The navy jerseys are heavily restricted, only having the gold pants as an option.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's kinda it, I guess. Thoughts?

NFL, Nike, and the Rams management should take your design when they move into the new stadium in 2020. This is something I would like to see them wear from 2020 and beyond. Plus, this set is an edge to Jared Goff, as well as every member of the Rams roster who is a Cal alumnus. The fanbase will SURELY CRAVE for this set.

Love the Rams jersey designs. I think they should go somewhere between the navy and royal blues. The navy is going to be too close to Cal and the royal is just too bright. I'm also hoping that they make a change from their current Ram logo. The changes you made to the logo definitely help, but it's still the same as every other side facing head logo that came out in the early 2000s. 

On 3/20/2019 at 2:19 AM, jn8 said:

I don't know how many people believe that wearing a dark color actually impacts how a team plays in the heat, but teams seem to think it's an issue

I'm not sure about football, where you're under tons of pads and stuff (so it may not matter at all), but when I'm playing soccer in the summer, the heat (which is already terrible, usually around 95 degrees with high humidity) is way worse in our navy jerseys than our white ones. Almost everyone we play wears white or yellow primary jerseys, just because the difference is that noticeable.

ExJworW.png

Alright y’all, I thought about waiting a couple more days before posting the next team, but I’m bored in my room so I’m just gonna do it now. 

Buffalo Bills 

Helmet:

It’s the return of the red shells with white face masks. I don’t dislike the current white helmets, I actually like them a lot, but I just like the red helmets more. The stripe is white-blue-white with a slight taper getting wider at the back, inspired by the logo. This stripe style is used through the whole uniform. 

Jerseys:

Blue, white, and a red alternate. The Color Rush reds actually look decent on Madden when paired with white pants instead of the solid red pants and socks, so I added one here. The jerseys have the tapering stripes on the sleeves and the number font is the font from the 90s, a slightly different block. 

Pants:

Two pairs, white and blue with the tapering three stripes on the sides. 

Combinations:

Blue jerseys and red jerseys are always worn with white pants, the white jersey can be mixed with either color pants. No matter what jerseys or pants they wear, they have red socks. 

spacer.png

aQKxsyF.jpg

So there they are. Thoughts?

Hmmm... just brainstorming publicly here. So I have the following teams left to do, labeled into certain groups:

1.Atlanta Falcons 

3.Chicago Bears

1.Cincinnati Bengals

4.Dallas Cowboys

3.Detroit Lions

3.Green Bay Packers 

3.Indianapolis Colts 

1.Kansas City Chiefs

4.San Francisco 49ers

2.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Group 1.

These teams are completely designed, but just need the drawings finished. Have noticeable changes. 

Group 2.

Only one team. A team I’m still trying to figure out what to do, will get a major change. 

Group 3.

Four teams with fairly solid designs that could remain unchanged and look perfectly fine, but I don’t wanna cheat, so I’m making very small clean ups on them. Will not include a flat mock-up, only the players. 

Group 4.

Similar to G3, but with slightly more changes, yet not enough that they would warrant a flat mock-up. Small, yet more noticeable changes than G3. 

It’s pretty easy to guess why some of these got pushed back. There’s quite a few classic sets and designs that don’t need changed much and I didn’t know what to do with them. So for 6 of these teams (G3 & G4) I’m just planning on doing the player models. I usually like having a flat model because sometimes wrinkles and arms and other things get in the way limit how much you see on a player, but these changes are so small that drawing out a template for these teams would be a waste of time. So to make up for it and using the extra time, I’ll likely release two of those at a time. 

For G1 and G2, they’ll be done in the same style as all the others. Ideally there would be one in between each of the pairs, but I don’t want to set anything in stone. 

Here’s something random:

eP1fNHw.jpg

With all the Jets hype amping up as we get closer to their new uni release, I looked back at my version and decided I wanted to see a green helmet. I made two versions, one with the full logo and one with just the plane. 

Do you prefer the green or white helmets? I’m sorta split 50/50 

Kansas City Chiefs

Firstly, f*** the Chiefs. Sincerely, a Broncos fan😁 I've been putting them off because I just can't stand how many people in the nearby area who, for as long as I can remember, just "watched the NFL without really having a favorite team" all of a sudden became lifelong, diehard fans of KC. Okay, rant over. 

In all seriousness, I didn't really have much I wanted to do for KC. They're classic, not much can be messed with. In the post a couple above, I'd have put them in Group 3, but I already had the flat drawings finished by the time I realized what I wanted to do with the smaller tweaks. Anyway, let's get to it

Logo:

All black has been dropped, pretty common for Chiefs concepts. The outline on my logo is now a thin red line and a second gold outline. One thing that is consistent through the whole set: gold and white are always separated by red, as you can see starting with the logo.

Helmet:

Only change is the slight tweak to the logo.

Jerseys:

Sliding the stripes back to the cuffs/lower sleeves is one thing I knew I wanted to do, so I did. A second tweak that is the most annoying thing about their current uniforms, I matched the striping of the red jerseys to the red pants, using a red stripe to separate the gold and white. The most noticeable change though? A different number font. I changed to a new font based around the word mark, while also dropping the outlines from the numbers.

Pants:

Holy sh!t I didn't change anything.

Combinations:

There's three. Home, red/white. Road, white/red. Road alt white/white. No mono red crap. Even as tolerant of monochrome as I am, I hate when they wear all red. They're a classic team, don't mess with ugly combinations. 

Fun fact, I followed Patrick Mahomes since he was a freshman at Texas Tech and told anyone who would listen that he was the next big thing. Of course he was drafted by the team I hate more than any other because that's just the luck I have. Anyway, this is just a long way of saying that he's both player models because he's the only player on the roster that I like. 

spacer.png

nYwxGCp.jpg 

Obviously these changes aren't major, but the number font is certainly noticeable. But what do you guys think? Is the font okay?

Additionally, I kinda like the "one player, two pics" style I did with Mahomes. Would there be some other players you'd like to see in that style? It might be something I'd be interested in doing for fun, probably with some background design. 

I like the chiefs design, except for the lowering of the stripes, it essentially makes them pointless considering you won’t see them depending on how some players wear their uniform. I’d put them back to their original spot. For the logo, I like it! I’m in the group that doesn’t mind the black in the logo but you did a good job replacing it. The number font also looks good and updated, a modern Chiefs look is something you don’t see everyday.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived