Madden NFL Expansion Concepts - SL City Flyers, Sacremento Miner and San Antonio Marshalls 16/16 Series Complete

heavybass

This is my first time doing this sort of thing because I don't have a professional art program nor the fact that I can draw either which doesn't help but I happen to like the Madden Expansion Team and hopefully they'll add more locations and uniforms and team names.... oh wait this is EA, nothing will change at all.

So the first team I intend to show off is an old favorite of mine over the years, the London Monarchs aka the Royal Gold and Blues... the old school team that may become an actual team someday within the next few years... here's the Home and Away uniforms for said Monarchs plus the Third/Alternate ((No more Color Rush)) variant of said uniform

MIlLD7U.png

wjvF2mk.png

Keeping the helmets as safe can be, the uniforms are combination of Metallic Gold, Royal Blue and Red with White showing off the Away Uniform.. if anything, the third uniform is something I'm proud off because it can be used on the road on certain games or if they're paired up against the Saints or the 49ers.

They would have their Home games at the new Northumberland stadium and whilst in America, they use the Scott Stadium in Charlottesville, Virginia as their temporary ground against those that can't adjust to the time difference.

Feedback is welcome, I intend to update with the next team...El Diablos of Mexico City

Well that solves that problem... now then we shall update with the next team on the ole Madden NFL Expansion list... the popular team of El Mexico City Diablos!

FPOaMtw.png

LndKBTc.png

One of Mexico's most beloved teams, the NFL struck gold when they awarded an expansion to this city because it meant consistent attendances at Estadio Azteca, they have some of the best rivalries as well with friendly ones against the Raiders and then rivalries against the Cardinals and their most vicious one... against the Dallas Cowboys, in the early years some of the ownership were in league with the Cartel thus giving the NFL some headaches which forced the Diablos to play at the Sun Bowl in El Paso.

Nicknamed the Devil Reds, they have their own style of red as well as black, white and gray including an all grey alternate that they use on rare occasions... I try and capture that fiery passion with as much luck as I could.

Next up is the interesting choice of Dublin, Ireland with the Celtics!

Is this going to be an international thing?  Because if so, then you should also make Berlin (or a different German team,) since they really liked football in the NFL Europe days.

If your also doing stuff in the US, then do St. Louis or San Diego, since they just lost their teams.

GOOD GRIEF I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN A LONG TIME

1 hour ago, Luingus221 said:

Is this going to be an international thing?  Because if so, then you should also make Berlin (or a different German team,) since they really liked football in the NFL Europe days.

If your also doing stuff in the US, then do St. Louis or San Diego, since they just lost their teams.

Funny you should mention that because the latter stuff I intend to put up heralds back to NFL Europe days like Frankfurt and Dusseldorf aka Rhein Fire... also US teams are going to be like in the Relocation Teams so teams like Portland and Brooklyn are on the list but right now the NFL is adjusting itself to the first wave of new teams and not affect the playoff structure so it'll be 36 and thus return to the 3 division format temporarily until Wave 2 is implimented.

Right now you are seeing Wave 1 which is London, Mexico City, Dublin and Toronto, later on will be Wave 2.

Also St Louis and San Diego are in because IRL screwness... that and I'm pretending St Louis beat Kronke in that lawsuit.

Now then history lesson over, it's time for the formerly Celtic Tigers who are now operating as the Celtics as the league simplified their name for profit reasons.

dL7dgGk.png

5gRrK8q.png

Dublin is the surprise team to be included in the NFL because of it's mostly Irish Rugby heritage but surprising everyone was the depth that the side brought to the league... Irish Americans had finally found a team to support that wasn't the Bears and because of this, most teams in the Central and Eastern welcomed the Celtics with open arms... they use the Aviva Stadium as their Home Venue and like the Monarchs, they use a neutral venue for teams that can't cope with timezones... the Alumni Stadium in Boston College is their choice and to this day, Boston College are strong supporters of the Celtics.

The uniforms were presented fine at first for Nike, a combination of celtic green, black and white until they had a falling out over the boringness of said uniform and thus Adidas took advantage and signed a deal to produce their first range of Uniforms in the NFL, everything was great until the Alternate was revealed...

NFL: :lol:

Rivalries include strong ones against the Ravens and Monarchs.... friendly rivalries are with teams like the Steelers and the Patriots.

Wave 1 will conclude with Toronto.

And with this post, the first wave of Madden Expansions has concluded... please presenting the TORONTO THUNDERBIRDS!!!

4rVuUTN.png

a2LvmN9.png

Wait that's not right... those looks like the Toronto Argonauts of CFL fame? But how the hell did the NFL convinced the Argonauts to make a team in the NFL.

Well that's because they partly funded the new superdome that is currently housing the team, known as Air Canada, a 65,000 seater hybrid indoor stadium that is also home to the Maple Leafs, the Blue Jays and the Raptors. 

Rivalries include the Detroit Lions and the Buffalo Bills amongst many.

Either way the Argonauts enter the NFL as a expansion franchise allowing them to co-exist in the CFL as well... or something like that I don't know the details. So now that there's 36 teams in NFL... how is this going to work?

Well it'll be for a period of 5 Years, 3 Divisions known as Eastern, Central and Western with 6 teams each... the old division set up is temporarily suspended as the new expansion teams are adjusted to the NFL's rules and regs.

Here are said divisions

NFC:

Eastern: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, New York Giants, Tampa Bay Bucs, Atlanta Falcons
Central: Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Toronto Argonauts, Carolina Panthers
Western: San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Mexico City Diablos

AFC:

Eastern: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars, London Monarchs
Central: Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts, Dublin Celtics
Western: Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans

Just now, Cardsblues02 said:

Your joking...right?? You can’t expect to get consistent feedback or even views with nothing. It looks stupid. Not trying to be harsh, just speaking the truth.

Unfortuately I am using MS Paint for these and If I was to include those then they would be too small to see... I don't have Photoshop so my skills are limited.

What I said earlier was true, I haven't got artistic talent.

16 hours ago, heavybassX said:

Unfortuately I am using MS Paint for these and If I was to include those then they would be too small to see... I don't have Photoshop so my skills are limited.

What I said earlier was true, I haven't got artistic talent.

Not having photoshop is not an excuse for bad concepts, there are numerous free options. And honestly if you feel as though you have no artistic talent and can’t bother to try a new way, then don’t create art.

Excellent!

3 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Not having photoshop is not an excuse for bad concepts, there are numerous free options. And honestly if you feel as though you have no artistic talent and can’t bother to try a new way, then don’t create art.

It's not stopping me though that's the thing, and I'm already starting on Wave 2.

Minor update on the Monarchs, I've made the logo on the helmet bigger as to match the others in Wave 1.

5 years have passed since the implementation of Wave 1 and the adjustment of the league to positive and negative outcomes but the time finally come for Wave 2 to commence and 3 locations are new to the NFL in general but there was one place no one expected.

Houston

akOsve5.png

HeOuF4w.png

The bidding team was helped that the NFL negotiated the buyout of the Oilers trademark and brought it back out of retirement... as soon as the Oilers was on the list, it was overwhelmingly chosen as the winner... The Houston Oilers of old were officially back and they also returned to the newly fitted NG Astrodome which houses 70,000 ppl as its in the same complex as the NG Reliant.

Teams like the Steelers, Texans and Titans became strong foes and renewed rivalries whilst the Cowboys watched on as they found new blood for the Governor's Cup

This set is inspired by the Early/Mid 90's Oilers using Columbia Blue and Scarlet Red as the main points whilst using the latter for the third uniform.

Okay, OR, rebrand the Texans for this. Also, the pants stripes should extend to the whole pant, striping should at least pretend to be consistent, your alternate helmet doesn’t have stripes on the front. Maybe it’s just me, but the belt and such should be same color as the pants

1 hour ago, Htown1141 said:

Okay, OR, rebrand the Texans for this. Also, the pants stripes should extend to the whole pant, striping should at least pretend to be consistent, your alternate helmet doesn’t have stripes on the front. Maybe it’s just me, but the belt and such should be same color as the pants

Since you pointed it out to me, I did make mistakes which unfortunately was shown here considering how consistency is an important part of a much loved franchise... with a lot of fans on here, I read through your thread when you did the same to the Texans... but NFL loves rivalries and the Oilers/Texans is money.

Regardless I have made version 2's

akOsve5.png

HeOuF4w.png

Hopefully this will do.

Moving onto the next team, the NFL breaks new ground by going to their first new market... the state of...

OKLAHOMA

FPvbwSs.png

RMyoWac.png

The Bison of Oklahoma City are nicknamed by the Media as the New Broncos for the way they literally adapted the Old Broncos look onto their uniforms, in particular the color scheme they have is the biggest reason why Colorado in general hates them and for Broncos to get REALLY angry... the NFL also let them get away with it too as the high attendance of 80,000+ from the Palace on the Prairie ((Oklahoma Sooners stadium)) allow the TV share to be good.

Apart from the Broncos, closest rivals are the Cowboys as well as the Raiders and the Chiefs but the bad blood between them and the Broncos can lead to some intense football games.

Next time now on the list and it's in an area within a larger city thus a prime area for tv money and in particular this area is located within New York City....

I'm talking about Brooklyn obviously and for the first time in nearly 100 years, the NFL returned to the district, this was where the first test of expansion name choosing came to call.... it was literally a dead heat between being named the Brooklyn Beats and being named the Brooklyn Bulls... but by 1%, the winners...

BROOKLYN BEATS!

ZWQfiha.png

HYqltpy.png

The Beats symoblise the area's rich musical heritage and considering they only offered 4 colors in particular, Nike had a hard time deciding how to make the uniforms but they blew not only the district's popularity list and made them more popular than the Nets but the NFL got a LOT of money from all three versions.

The Beats operate from the Music Dome located near Brooklyn Bridge Park in a 55,000 capacity and have strong, STRONG rivalries against most of the AFC Central including their favorite rivals, the Ravens known as the Deep Purple.

One more team to go before Wave 2 is complete.

Actually considering how simple it was to design this team, I might as well reveal the final team of Wave 2.... and it's to another new market in the North West in the country to the state where every sports team that has settled there have huge fanbases regardless of which sport you play in.

PORTLAND

mUBr6j8.png

SpkQiGJ.png

By a overwhelming lead, the River Hogs were chosen above the Lumberjacks and the Snowhawks which got 5%... this team's design is probably the safest and dullest in the league mostly because Adidas didn't want another Celtic Tiger incident from happening as they were lambasted to this day because of what is called the All Ireland design... so they went the safe way and the River Hogs liked the uniforms so everyone wins.

The River Hogs play their games in a 60,000 capacity stadium located in Tom Mccall Waterfront Park and is it known as the Bay of Hogs... rivalries include the Seahawks because of it's close proximity, the 49ers and the Rams.

Since Wave 2 is now complete, let's see what this has affected the teams as they return to the 2002 format.

NFC

East: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, New York Giants, London Monarchs
North: Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Toronto Argonauts
South: Carolina Panthers, Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Bucs, New Orleans Saints, Mexico City Diablos
West: San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, Portland River Hogs

AFC

East: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Dublin Celtics
North: Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens, Brooklyn Beats
South: Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Oilers
West: Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, Oklahoma City Bison

On 4/18/2018 at 11:07 AM, heavybassX said:

It's not stopping me though that's the thing, and I'm already starting on Wave 2.

I’m not saying that by not having photoshop, means you can’t create concepts, i’m saying that there are other better, and free options to make concepts, that aren't ms paint’s paint bucket tool.  Concepts take time, they’re not a race, so take your time and find a better program. 

Excellent!

Alright so the plan for Wave 3 is going to be 8 more teams introduced, I've just completed 6 of them so the next post after this one will be locations in alphabetical order and then afterwards for say Wave 4 which is going to be the last one, they'll be 16 teams with most being international and some will be from Europe.

And so after 5 years, it was time for Wave 3 and this brought in 8 new teams to the NFL which meant that the 2002 format stayed on and thus some readjustments were made due for certain teams but anyway.... we're going by alphabetical order this time instead of random... so team #1 for the third wave is...

AUSTIN

627Zuvk.png

Nh0CZXf.png

Ah yes... Jerry Jones Jr's personal FU to the NFL after losing control of the Cowboys to a younger more ambitious tycoon, he got together with a personal group and using a technicality won the right to a franchise and literally chose Austin as a new start. The Desperados who won the vote choice play in the indoor stadium known as No Man's Land and with a large capacity of 65,000 host various encounters against not only the various Texas based teams but also rivals such as the Colts and the Cowboys.

Using Grey, Red, Black and White allows them to create a sort of aura that attracts hard hitters and bad boys to rival the swagger of the Raiders.

Archived