Classic Coral: Dolphins Tweak Colours for New Uniform

Skape7

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TornadoGTS said:

So @BrandMooreArt a technical question, is the new stroke on the numbers the same overall size as the double stroke from before? It seemed like the old ones were very thin, so I always figured if they were combined together as a solid color they would look normal.

Another question for @BrandMooreArt, was there any consideration for dropping the blue from the logo as well?

I liked the previous set, but I was never a fan of the navy blue and weird fluorescent orange. This set is a good bridge between the old colors and new set. It feels more vibrant and does have a tiny bit of retro vibe to it. This just goes to prove that sometimes the littlest changes are for the better.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 minute ago, TornadoGTS said:

So @BrandMooreArt a technical question, is the new stroke on the numbers the same overall size as the double stroke from before? It seemed like the old ones were very thin, so I always figured if they were combined together as a solid color they would look normal.

yea that was the idea, just remove the blue and replace with orange. we tried to keep things consistent from helmet to jersey to pants too. we sampled i think 3 different helmet stripes to make sure it was right

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Another question for @BrandMooreArt, was there any consideration for dropping the blue from the logo as well?

da4bb1eaa26bcd05da4eede92e15b449.jpg

That would have been difficult to do. The dark blue actually gives the dolphin shape by shading the contours. If it were all one color the fin would be lost and it would look even more like a glop of toothpaste.

Classic Coral: Dolphins Tweak Colours for New Uniform

April 19, 2018 - 16:10 PM

The Miami Dolphins have a new uniform for the 2018 season. Now before you get yourself all set for a whole new look, let’s temper some expectations. The changes are minor, in fact the design of the uniform basically remains […]

Read More...

3 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

yea, ill have to check to see how much i can reveal but over the last 2 years, we explored a lot of options

3 minutes ago, Chawls said:

So I’d assume we’ll be getting an updated Color Rush jersey too? 

white for CR, or all aqua as the alt choice

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The way they striped the last colors with navy blue seperating the orange from the aqua made the orange disappear against white backgrounds. Losing the blue really helps showcase both colors properly. 

Great work. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, C-Squared said:

This is exactly what this board needed.

LOL.  

We haven't been this happy since the Blue Jays.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived